tracks

andy8160

hi i have just bought rfactor on disc i have loaded the game and downloaded a cupple of tracks and put them in locations, when i go to race the track loading screen cums up but wont load it says (error opening MAS FILE COMMONMAPS.MAS) and if i press any key on the keyboard it just throws me out of the game :banghead2: can any body please help thanx andy

Make sure they are directly in you locations folder. For instance ipswich you chould see

c:\program files\rfactor\gamedata\locations\ipswich\

In that folder there should be a couple of files and then 3 more folders ipswich, ipswich dirt, and ipswich HR if memory serves. If you have any other folders say

c:\program files\rfactor\gamedata\locations\ipswich\ipswich\

before the other folders mentioned above you will get errors.

hi i sum how had files missing in the game i reinstalled rfactor and the mod and it works fine with the zip file tracks but i cant get the rar file tracks into the game i have put them into location is ther sumthing i mite be doing wrong thanx andy

hi i sum how had files missing in the game i reinstalled rfactor and the mod and it works fine with the zip file tracks but i cant get the rar file tracks into the game i have put them into location is ther sumthing i mite be doing wrong thanx andy

you are extracting the track folder from the rar and then copying that folder into locations arent you? I had one guy had a similar query recently and he was just dropping the rar file into locations without extracting....the game won't see the track files that way....

just in case ;) rsvp

im just saving the file straight into locations what should i be doing im not totaly clued up on computers im just learning thanx andy

Hopefully you have winrar or something of the sorts to open .rar files. The easiest way for now, extract the track to your desktop. then drop the folder in your gamedata/locations folder. The tracks have to be extracted from the rar's and zippers. We will have installers in the near future to ease the pain :)

This help? :shrug:

thanx i think its probably winrar that i need i just built the comp cupple of weeks ago so im still setting it up when i click on the rar file it opens a window with a load of programs and asks me were to open it. i will try agen thanx andy

does any1 know were i can get a winrar download without having to pay a subscription fee to a download site thanx andy

thanx agen evry thing seems to be working gr8 :2: just need to get it setup and paint a skin now :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..