portscan attack???

kendo912

I'm sure its nothing 2 be concerned about but each time i log in2 the mirc chat my firewall detects and blocks an attack on my computer!!  It doesnt affect anything and i generally ignore it till the meeting is finished-just wondered if anyone else has this come up at all but couldnt find any record of it on this forum?

kendo912

post-99-1116285516_thumb.jpg

I get that all the time in mirc chat, port scans all over the place.

I personally dont like mirc chat tbh, it doesnt seem very secure to me considering the amount of peeps we get in who have wondered into the wrong chat room but Im probably just a little over-cautious when it comes to stuff like this and its the best thing we have I suppose

Cheers

Grasser#233

Mirc chat servers are used to port scan / spread viruses around . You have things called  bots. Which go around port scan random ip ranges and then infect them

when you connect to that irc server it port scans you to make sure your not open / unpatched / inffected. If you are it will kick you from the chat server and set a short ban. This is so these bots can't carry on infecting you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..