152 Neil Scothern shale car

pino

Hello,

does anybody know what kind of sign/sponsor is heading on the back of the "152 Neil Scothern shale car"

i need this sign to put on a scaled model i'm making of that car.

So if you have a picture of it please post it overhere.

:2: Pino

thanks a lot demonstone for your help so far

i think "ASTON school of motoring" is the right text on the back, although you aint 100% sure of that!!

if there is somebody who can confirm this please let me know

that looks really good mate :thumbup:

keep us updated you do it :thumbs_up:

cheers

ryan

• 4 months later...

after a couple months im almost done whith the car, ill have to complete the signwritning and a little chassis painting but then its done. Now im searching for some photos of neil his transporter, so i can build his transporter to. so is there anyone overhere who can help me with this ??? pictures or any information about: type, colour, etc. etc.

p.s I'll post some pics of the stockcar within a couple of days (photo camera batteries are empty at this moment)

Cheers

Pino

pinto what did u use to make that?

did u make the whole thing yourself? if u did its superb mate............looking forward to seeing the finished product.

prydie

i've made it with (in dutch its called "messing") brass, and yes i've made it by myself

Still wanted pictures of neil his transporter

pinto what did u use to make that?

did u make the whole thing yourself? if u did its superb mate............looking forward to seeing the finished product.

prydie

i've made it with (in dutch its called "messing") brass, and yes i've made it by myself

Still wanted pictures of neil his transporter

DSC01473-1.jpg

wow what a stunning job. Not so sure about the wheels, but it's hard to get wellers and hoosiers at that scale :blink:

:appl:

yes it's very hard to find some good wheels at this scale splinter, but these wheels will be removed when i get my new wheels out of USA. (They have been ordered, now it needs a little shipping time) :thumbup:

i found this website for my wheels

http://www.indoormotorsports.com/shop/?sho...amp;cat=21&

STILL WANTED PICTURES OF NEIL SCOTHERNS TRANSPORTER, IF YOU HAVE SOME PICTURES OF IT PLEASE POST THEM OR PM ME!!!!!!

I'd be interested to see the wheel's once fitted. Next best option is to find some inner wheels that look right then 'extend' the wheel to suit.

I'm going to tidy this car up a little when I get chance

post-241-1215133579_thumb.jpg

post-241-1215133596_thumb.jpg

post-241-1215133612_thumb.jpg

its 1/24 scale, signwriting will be re-done better nxt week, tempted to do it in 'superstu/maestro colours as seen at coventry. signs are all done anyway so wont be too much effort.

How did you made the decals they look very nice, mayby i can use your methode for my new project aswell.

Im painting the signs by hand i think this is very difficult on such scale, but im happy with the looks afterall

maybe your type of sign-writing will be some easier to do?? but it looks alot better then mine. imo

its 1/24 scale, signwriting will be re-done better nxt week, tempted to do it in 'superstu/maestro colours as seen at coventry. signs are all done anyway so wont be too much effort.

How did you made the decals they look very nice, mayby i can use your methode for my new project aswell.

Im painting the signs by hand i think this is very difficult on such scale, but im happy with the looks afterall

maybe your type of sign-writing will be some easier to do?? but it looks alot better then mine. imo

If you can do your own decals on the PC and print them on sticky A4 paper (glossy or non-glossy) I've tried to make transparent transfers but not sure what ink to use otherwise inkjet smudges even after it dries. Think I've even tried laser printer before and didnt have much sucess.

I personally think its the best method for small scale cars. The bangers look ok painted but for rods and stox decals look slightly more professional + (I'm not great at painting!)

I've also converted a few 1/50 scale coaches and trucks for my son and some of the modelstox for him to play with, with full signwriting on about 30 stockcars. Doesnt take too long when you get to know what you're doing and work out the sizes. One or two have accidently ended in the bath so then you have to do it again tho lol

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..