Setup Advice

The London Allstar

Hi lads, ive had Rfactor since last week and have downloaded the setups from rfactor central and tweaked them to suit me after reading the setup guide on the main page of the ukdirt website. However i still have one problem that i jsut cannot seem to solve, im thinking it may be hardware rather than setup related though. My problem is that the right rear tyre after 15 laps is on fire, temperatures easily exceed 130 which makes it hard not to spin out on, im using a keyboard rather than pad/steering wheel. Im not sure if this is my main problem, but i have set the throttle rate very low so that it doesent go full throttle as soon as i tap the accelerator.

If anyone has any ideas on how i could make the rear tyres last a little longer id be very greatful :2:

Well, it has to be one of the following things..

1) Too much throttle/wheel spin causing lots of friction which will make the tyre hotter and wear out.

2) That pretty much ties in with this; sliding too much (on tarmac).

3) Pressures too low, my right rear is set to between 140 - 180 on tarmac, any lower and it wears out, any higher and tbh Ive not tried it, but I assume, less grip.

Having said that, at the end of a heat (16 laps) my RR, will be on about 120 - 130 (depending on how hard I've had to drive) and slighty worn, at the end of a final (20 laps), about 130 - 140 and has little grip left. Personally I like to have the car setup for the start of the race, but thats personal preference.

Hope that helps,

Kruiz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..