The Old Firm Game Today

ciderman22

Just been to my first Old Firm derby game today and must admit it was an experience. My day started at 6:30 this morning when my mate picked me and my carry out up then drove onto Horwich to pick another couple of lads up. Then it was onward to Motherwell War Fare club for a few more pints. The club must have been one of the roughest pubs ive been in with all the 'boys' wearing their Burberry and Stone Island gear singing all kinds of sectarian songs. Our coach pulled up at 11 for about 70 drunkards to pile on a 53 seater. More booze on the coach and 5o mins later and abusing any Celtic fan passing, we are at Ibrox. There must have been well over 150 coches there. Seems like the only way to travel is by coach or Train. Walking up to the ground the buzz is getting louder. Into the ground with no problems only to be met with a wall of sound from the Rangers fans. Ive been to a lot of games in my time and these were the noisiest by far singing songs that sounded familiar but had different words. Fantastic stadium, keeps all the noise in.The game itself wasnt a classic and too until the second half to liven up with the sort of challenges that are part and parcel of the derbies ive seen on tv. A goal for Rangers just before half time keeps the singing going through half time when it seems like another competition to see who has got the biggest and best flag. Rangers held on in the second half to make it a 1-0 win to send the volume up another notch on the way out. A dodgy burger then its back on the coach to Motherwell. Had to drive past our pub so we could go further down the road to sing more songs outside a Celtic pub. A couple of pints then its time to come home.

Got to say that it was different to going to a game in England but i'd do it again. I'm sure you Jocks know what I mean. The scariest thing of all was that I wanted Celtic to win and had to keep my gob shut and applaud Rangers. If they would have found out I wouldnt be sat here right now. :rofl:

Here are the Celtic fans in the background.

post-54-1206830160_thumb.jpg

Best games ever are at celtic park, Best games ive been to are following :blink:

Celtic v Barcelona 2003, Henrik Larrsons Return to Celtic Park (Celtic Lost 3-1 Henrik scored the 3rd goal)

Celtic v A.C Milan 2007, The Dida slap Classic :rofl:

Celtic v Barcelona 2008, Great game to see celtic mixing with barca and nearly getting a result, They beat us

Celtic v Liverpool 2001 Uefa Cup, The You'll Never Walk Alone Song played all game near enough

But NOTHING Compares too....

Scotland v Italy 17th November 2007 Everyone from scotland was gazed apon Hampden and it was a spectacular scene, Although we were beaten we can say we had the world cup holders on the ropes, We beat france(Who bollocked england during the week :rofl: ) and we were unlucky to beat italy, The whole match was singing drinking and cheering, The whole stadium was up in life

IT was the best game ever :P

Nice write up mate :appl:

I was a good game today, but imo it was spoiled by thompson after he dived but the main thing is we picked up the 3 points and are now six points clear :thumbup: Lets just hope the away visits to parkheed will go in the teddy bears favor :scared15:

glad you enjoyed it Cider,

Did you hang around for the "come on over to my place" sing along at the end :rofl:

Rangers for the treble this year!!!

prydie

I think that was the loudest song of the day!!! Do they always play that at the end of the game?

I think that was the loudest song of the day!!! Do they always play that at the end of the game?

Nah!!

They've only just started playing that recently. was kept in mothballs for 3 years or so due to the being particualrly mince,but it does look like the PLG era is well 'n trully behind them and they're playing some good football.

A 6 point cushion and a game in hand looks like its a bridge to far for the 'Tic to claw back but with 2 games still to go at paradise, who knows?

Glad you enjoyed your cultural experience Ciderman.. its really is different aint it?

:2:

'MEK

Sounds great cid.

Don't you hate those damn ignorant ugly bassa's that always stand in the way when your takin a picture of the ground though! :rofl:

:rofl: Who the stewards? :scared15:

Edited by Saloon600

Sounds great cid.

Don't you hate those damn ignorant ugly bassa's that always stand in the way when your takin a picture of the ground though! :rofl:

:rofl: I'm not the one with the hood on, i'm the one in the leather jacket :rofl:

Have you seen them jocks?? I was the best looking there :scared15:

• 4 weeks later...

"Celric"

Where do they "hail hail" from then Mr Pryde :blink:

If the Hu,sorry Gers,avoid defeat on Sunday you'd most probably almost guarantee the EssPeeEll trophy will be taking up residence in the other part of Glesga,but if the hoops can pull off another victory then its very much "Squeaky Bum Time" for Mr Smith 'n Co....

Here's to an exciting finish!!!

'MEK

"Celric"

Where do they "hail hail" from then Mr Pryde :blink:

If the Hu,sorry Gers,avoid defeat on Sunday you'd most probably almost guarantee the EssPeeEll trophy will be taking up residence in the other part of Glesga,but if the hoops can pull off another victory then its very much "Squeaky Bum Time" for Mr Smith 'n Co....

Here's to an exciting finish!!!

'MEK

lol serves me right for posting so early in the morning, But your right Mekky it could be a nice close finish

The whole scotlands shame was about a banner that was flown on the game on wednesday last week... ill get a picture showing that a banner saying scotlands shame and an arrow pointing to the rangers fan...

Mr Mek... Celtic Season Ticket Holder ;)?

The whole scotlands shame was about a banner that was flown on the game on wednesday last week... ill get a picture showing that a banner saying scotlands shame and an arrow pointing to the rangers fan...

Mr Mek... Celtic Season Ticket Holder ;)?

that 1 sayin nakamura ate my dog... :thumbup:

anyone feel a song coming on? lol

We are non-sectarianist my young friend ;) Also i do feel that is racial abuse... Hence the reason me pointing out, Scotlands shame :042:

how is that racist when Nakamura has prob ate lots of dogs?? isnt it allowed where her hails from??

Political correctness gone mad it seems to me. you cant even sing "baa baa black sheep" anymore now its baa baa rainbow sheep..pfffft

soon we will have to call the colour black "dark grey" in case it offends people

anyway this is whole different subject.....up the gers!!!!

prydie

3-2 to the celts

looks like the challange for the title is over for rangers now as were 5 points behind,can we come back and win ?

who knows

3-2 to the celts

looks like the challange for the title is over for rangers now as were 5 points behind,can we come back and win ?

who knows

5 points behind with 3 games in hand = 9 possible points, its in our hands, rangers were unlucky today, played well in the 1st half and had a few decisions go against us namely an offside 1st goal for celtic but we've all had them, anyway I will take the uefa cup over the league anyday of the week WATP :)

Oooooo Arthur Boruc The Holy Goaly :D! He hates the hu... Oops better not :scared15:

He had a nice t-shirt on too :D After the game ;)

Scott Mcdonald Scored 2 Goals :P

dirty diving "we are non sectarian" ba.....oops better not say that :scared15:

thats what i would have sayed if a was a bad looser :thumbup:

ur still gona win nuthin haha

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..