thieving gits

Tricky88

I found out today that my account has been skimmed to the tune of £400 approx by a group of thieving gits with nothing better to do here is an extract from money saver.com i found today after i realised what was happening .Ive had to cancel my cards and the wifes and the bank have said they will refund all of them to my account but ill now get overdraft charges ass well .

The article -

This is a warning to all...

This morning I logged in to my internet banking to see if a cheque I had paid in had cleared. While I was at it, I noticed a transaction for £1.50 which I did not remember making. The name of the transaction was "WP-STAGECOACH-SERV". THis struck me as odd, as I would never normally use my debit card for such a small transaction and I didn't recognise the name.

A bit of Google research turned up the following: this kind of transaction occurs when your credit card details have been "skimmed" and the perpetrators will try and put through a small transaction to "test the water". If the transaction succeeds, a few days later they will clean you out. People have lost as much as £16,000 in this way.

One change of underwear later I headed down to Lloyds with my card in my sweaty little paw. They got onto their fraud department who agreed that, yes, the transaction was fraudulent, and cancelled my card. And not a moment too soon as the £1.50 transaction was 10 days ago. I could have been hours away from losing a couple of thousand pounds!

I have my suspicions as to where the fraud originated. The main purpose of this post is to warn people to keep an eye on their bank account and, if there are any small transactions you don't remember making, beware!

So this is a warning from me to you PLEASE check your statements to make sure you havent got a transaction from "WP-STAGECOACH-SERV". for £1.50 as it might just save you the trouble im now going through :banghead2:

A warning to all. Whenever you hand your card over make sure it never leaves your sight, it only takes a second for them to swipe the card on a reader strapped to their belt. This is especially common in petrol stations, where gangs get jobs then start skimming cards!!

Glad you got your money back Aussie :thumbs_up:

A warning to all. Whenever you hand your card over make sure it never leaves your sight, it only takes a second for them to swipe the card on a reader strapped to their belt. This is especially common in petrol stations, where gangs get jobs then start skimming cards!!

i havent yet m8 lol got meeting at bank tommorow dinner time

i havent yet m8 lol got meeting at bank tommorow dinner time

Tell them that they took 20 grand out your account and see what the bank manager says :rofl:

Good luck!

Zarky here...Same thing happend to my mum. The thief was in malasia :rofl: and my mum hasnt been abroad for about 10years. First it was £1.50 - £5.00 each time then went up to like a £100 a time..my mum ended up getting robbed outta like 600 odd pounds. When she notcied on her bank statement she stormed upto llyoyds tsb and they said they can only giv her £100 back.

She made a fuss but she said it was better than nothing.

I think they got the card details of a website where she brought something off.

Cheers

Zarky here...Same thing happend to my mum. The thief was in malasia :rofl: and my mum hasnt been abroad for about 10years. First it was £1.50 - £5.00 each time then went up to like a £100 a time..my mum ended up getting robbed outta like 600 odd pounds. When she notcied on her bank statement she stormed upto llyoyds tsb and they said they can only giv her £100 back.

Cheers

I thought posting on someone elses account is a banning offense :shrug: Specially since u are banned Zarky :coffee:

Cheers

I thought posting on someone elses account is a banning offense :shrug: Specially since u are banned Zarky :coffee:

yh it is so tht means damo should get banned

and cheers for the info aussie :thumbs_up:

Edited by wee dode

Sorry to hear of your troubles Aussie, the same thing happened to me a few years ago when I opened a new credit card account, the account was hacked in the same way before I had even made a purchase!. Luckily the company paid for all the fraud items fingers XXX it all goes smoothly in getting the money sorted.

Talking about thieving gits, who in admin keeps deleting my posts? :3: Samson was the latest to disappear for no reason!!

Get a life guys its a forum!! :thumbs_down::thumbs_down:

With the advent of chip and pin there's no excuse to hand your card to anyone. Also beware of cashpoints swallowing your card. If a "friendly" pops up and tells you they've a friend that works in the branch where your card's been taken and they'll speak to their friend on your behalf so you can get your card back, then simply call the police. Fraudsters will attempt to put your mind at rest giving them more time to spank your funds. As soon as you notice a card missing cancel it. Chip and Pin has allowed financial organisations to be much less simpathetic towards victims of fraud.

Be carefull out there!

The bank refunded all of he items which will take upto 45 days for the money to go back in , they have cancelled all the overdraft charges :thumbup: i would love to meet these people and give them a firm shake ..... by the neck :blink: its just the hastle you have to go through to sort it all

Edited by aussie427

Its also a good idea to have your banks phone number in your mobile, so you can phone and cancel the second you find your card missing.

Glad to hear theres a happy ending Aussie :thumbup:

Edited by Rikard

• 2 weeks later...

Well if things are going to go wrong they go WRONG in a big way .Got up for work this morning went to get in my car to find it wasnt there :blink: rang the police and they said ..... yes we know where it is .... 10 miles away totally burnt out :o so now im sitting here waiting for the police to arrive ..... could anything else go wrong this year ?

Although its real hassle at least its insured right?

It not realy that much of a relief If it is insured Rik, Aussie will only get hammered next year on his insurance as the theives, oops, I mean insurance company, will only bunk up his premium for making a claim this year.

Some scroate bag, scum sucking bag of sheiate, rammed my Scooby over the weekend and completely buggered the back bumper and the back panel, didnt even have the decency to leave a contact telephone number on the car, just slopped off like the pond life that they are.

Rung my insurance co this morning and it was " Certainly your covered, just pay the first £ 250.00 pounds of the claim and we'll carry out the repair work, Oh,by the way sir, it WILL affect your no claims for next year!"

Tossers!

It just seems that everyone these days are out to steal/scrounge/scam/legaly con everything they can from you. :banghead2:

take a day off today for the police to arrive

Theres another joke... they'll arrive and say bla bla bla we dont have enough evidence bye....theyll end up turning up around 6-7 pm

take a day off today for the police to arrive

Theres another joke... they'll arrive and say bla bla bla we dont have enough evidence bye....theyll end up turning up around 6-7 pm

youre right m8 and when they do ill have a few words in a foreign tounge ready for them :rolleyes:

Tbh that isnt funny....^^^

Yer I agree, it was more than likely a different member of the family..........oh no, he wouldve weighed it straight in rather than just torching it.......

Edited by crewie

Insurers are thieves. In a no fault claim they still list it on your claims history but tell you its not used to calculate premiums. But if you call around for a quote, other companies expect you to disclose it even though its non fault :blink: . So any accident between 2 people scores 2 annual price increases for the insurance cartel regardless of fault. Furthermore, if the cost of investigating a claim is greater than the payout then they just payout. For example a petrol station owner claimed against our company insurance claiming one of our trucks had damaged his canopy lighting. The truck is 11FT 4", the canopy 11ft9". The garage owner reported it to his insurers using the registration of our vehicle after it had left. His insurers claimed on his behalf and despite us entering a "no knowledge of incident" response and pointing out the height discrepancies, our insurers paid out £954.00, stating it was not economically viable to investigate and fight the claim. We're also fighting an injury claim from a third party whos statement reads "i saw the truck hit my parked car from my shop window". Both he and i have pointed out the error and the insurers say it will be sorted when the total claim, including damage to his car, is settled. However, they have left an allowance on the claim of £10,000 for the injury. So if the claim is settled after June 26, our renewal date, then our premium will be calculated with that pending taken into account. :banghead2: .

Worst of all is the premium placed on all motor insurance policies. This goes into a pot that pays out when you're hit by an uninsured driver. Sounds good? Well it isn't because it doesn't cover the first £300 of damage claims or £1000 of injury claims. Furthermore, issuers of comprehensive policies are starting to insist that you claim against this scheme if hit by an uninsured driver. Therefore if you have a comprensive policy with a low excess and are hit by and injured whilst driving by an uninsured driver you could end up £1300 out of pocket. Plus the uninsured driver wont be out of pocket as the fund he hasn't contributed to has effectively provided him with 3rd party insurance.

So not only has Aussie lost his Nova, he's lost a days work, his excess, his no claims and he's unlikely to get the market value of his car or anything for the contents. The police may even charge him for recovery of the nova if its in a place of danger and if the fire has damaged anything then the damaged properties owner can claim against his policy.

Oh Happy Days......

Hard Luck Aussie

xTx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..