Bradford (Shale) WCQR1 24/04/08 9PM Preview

MoR137

The Road to the World Final starts with WCQR1 at Bradford (Shale) on 24/04/08 at 9PM.

post-9-1208725653_thumb.jpg

After 5 successful meetings with the new rFactor F1 Stockcars mod, it’s that time of year where things start getting a little more serious. As we have seen since the release of the mod, nothing is certain in this great new challenge, with 5 different final winners and 4 different top point scorers (with points leader Hutch the only one to clock up 2). We’ve seen massive pile ups, 4-a-breast racing, last bend final battles….. the list goes on.

Now, the time has come to start looking towards September’s Championship of the World at Ipswich, where we will crown the first UKDirt rFactorF1 World Champion!

This battle for the gold roof will also be interesting because of the number of drivers that will be involved. Bookings have been great so far for such a brand new mod, but much lower than we’ve seen in the past with the more established Heat mods. That means that this year, there’s even more chance for everybody to take part in a World Championship Semi Final, with your WCQR points determining your all important grid slot. Once battle has taken place at Kings Lynn and Skegness, we’ll have the elite of UKDirt rFactorF1 racing making up the World Final race, where only one person will win the prestigious gold roof.

Obviously, we’ll also have a bigger spread of grades on the World/Semi Final grids this year, so let’s take a look at some of the names who I think will be ones to watch.

post-9-1208725588_thumb.jpg

Hutch 331 – starting with the most obvious first, current National Points leader Hutch will be most peoples bet to take the gold. Demonstrating precision consistency and a cool racing head, he has proved he’s got what it takes to win the big races by taking the KR3W league Gold earlier this year.

post-9-1208725647_thumb.jpg

Kruiz 136 – showed some promise in Heat by winning the Dutch Championship last year, Kruiz’s rFactor exploits have far surpassed his Heat ones. One of the drivers who has benefited more from the changeover, he now sits a strong 3rd in the points after Ipswich 17/04/08, and proved at the very first meeting that he has what it takes to battle Hutch, by holding him off and taking the first Grand Final of the year.

post-9-1208725609_thumb.jpg

Dazza 290 – easily one of the quickest rFactorF1 racers there is, Dazza has had a relatively quiet start to the season, with a few steering wheel problems seemingly hampering his progress a bit. On his day, Dazza can easily keep up with the fastest in the league, so if his hardware starts to behave again, don’t be surprised to see him up at the top, and would by my tip to take one of the Semi Final wins!

post-9-1208725636_thumb.jpg

db 318 – like Kruiz, db is one of the drivers who has taken more to rFactor than he ever seemed to in Heat. His early season form has been impressive, taking a race win at each of the first four meetings of the season, before securing a red grade for Ipswich. Always has impressive lap-times but a distinct lack of luck, db is one to watch!

post-9-1208725623_thumb.jpg

Mr Beef 286 – having top scored at the recent Ipswich meeting, Beef is a obvious pick of a driver who could pull of a surprise victory come September. It’s been great to watch Beef’s development from ‘spinning white top driver’ to ‘consistent, Ipswich master’. Don’t be surprised to see him creeping up near the top of the WCQR points with a barrage of consistent finishes.

post-9-1208725630_thumb.jpg

Ironmac 288 – at the moment, it may not seem like the changeover has been beneficial to him, but I’m sure his decline in form is down to bad luck more than anything. We saw a flash of the real Ironmac when he took a heat win Ipswich, so don’t be surprised to see his luck start to turn around over the WCQRs!

post-9-1208725616_thumb.jpg

Marky 18 – a new racer to UKDirtF1s this year, Marky soon found his feet and achieved yellow grade almost straight away. Showing great consistency on track and a fair attitude, I think he’ll do just fine of the WCQR’s, and has potential in the big races if he can keep out of all the carnage.

post-9-1208725598_thumb.jpg

Jimmy 259 – racing both mod’s this year, Jimmy has been a surprise package this year, taking to rFactor very well, taking the Grand Final at Ipswich. Even in his first rFactor meeting at Birmingham, he showed a lot of promise, keeping up with the pack and sticking in lots of bumper wear it was needed. One to watch indeed!

Of course, that’s only 8 drivers of the regular roster of rFactor racers, so our future gold roof might not even be featured on this page! Don’t forget the ever aggressive Matthew 413 and rising rFactor F1 star, TomD, who will both be looking for a good Semi Final slot to make their mark, both known for some heavy bumper work. There are also bad luck-stricken racers DanSkin and Aub, who will be looking to turn things around for themselves after a poor start to the season! There’s also the rumoured return of Autumn Series and SNT Champion Drumbstick, who’s been out of rFactor action for a while and will be looking to return and give Hutch a run for his money! There’s many more racers I’ve missed (sorry guys!) but that doesn’t mean they won’t be in with a chance too!

One thing is for sure, if you want to be in with a chance of becoming the first UKDirt rFactorF1 gold roof, taking part in the first ever UKDirt rFactorF1 World Final, you need to get yourself booked in for the WCQR’s; what better place to start your campaign than at Bradford Shale on Thursday 24th April (9pm)!

Cheers

MoR

Other Information

NEW TO RFACTOR F1? THERE WILL BE A SKINPACK RELEASED BEFORE THURSDAYS MEETING – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you wish to race a meeting but have no skin – whilst I’d rather you kept to planned skinpacks, I’ll consider all requests and do a skinPATCH wherever necessary.

The WCQR’s take place on the following dates:

24/04/08 – Bradford Shale (9PM)

01/05/08 – Kings Lynn (7.30PM)

15/05/08 – Belle Vue (7.30PM)

05/06/08 – Ipswich (9PM)

12/05/08 – Knockhill (7.30PM) (w/ Scottish Championship)

18/05/08 – Buxton (9PM)

03/07/08 – Birmingham (9PM)

10/07/08 – Skegness (7.30PM)

23/07/08 – Northampton (8.30PM) (Euro Qualifier, Wed Night)

Quality read MoR, I'll be hoping for this well passed it, over upgraded PC to hold out until September, and then bribe the WCQR leader to choose the track that allows me to race at Skegness as I'll be in France for Kings Lynn lol.

So it seems I'm relying on luck more so than others :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..