Value for Money Graphics Card

Splodge

Was wondering what graphics card anyone would recommend ?

As it seems me  Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with 128mb blew up during the nite  banghead2.gif  after about 18months of (ab)use

I am after value for money graphics card, not the cheapest. My budget at a push is around £100.

Ideal able to play lastest game without a problem, also use it to watch movies and edit pictures.

Cheers Alex

Look forward to your responses

You can get Geforce 6600 AGP with 128mb for about £90 online- there are Gigabyte and Leadtek cards for this price at scan.co.uk inc vat.  There'll be some on ebuyer.com. By the time you've added postage, you'll still be under £100. Local shops, if anything like the one in Wakefield I looked in, will offer to charge you £200 for the same.

I'm still on a ti4200 myself, but I'm looking at 6600 upwards- I don't see much point in paying out for a 5700/5900.  I'm sure there are ATI cards in the price range you want that will also be very good for the money, but I know nothing about those cards as to which are the good ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..