ANNOUNCEMENT: Rule Changes

Johno3

Whilst rFactor F1 has made a good impact on UK Dirt, and appears to have a solid foundation of which we can build on, the next step is to try and entice more drivers to try out the game. Baring this is mind, we have made a couple of changes to the rules.

NOVICE SKINS TO BE ALLOWED IN MEETINGS:

Novice skins will now be permitted in rfactor F1 meetings. This will mean that should you wish to sample an rfactor meeting, you may use a novice skin to do so. After two meetings, should you find you have enjoyed the experience, Kruiz #136, has kindly offered to do anyone a basic skin, so a PM his way and I am sure he would be happy to help. This means that should you wish to race a third meeting, we are looking for you to be in your own skin by then.

PRE GRADING DIRVERS:

We will now be pre grading any driver that has not already raced rfactor. This means that if you raced heat before, there is a very good chance you will not be starting at your heat grade. All you need to do is state your intent to race, by PM to myself or a member of the admin team, and we will discuss your grade, and let you know. We appreciate this is effectively a new formula, hence the change.

FINALLY......A COUPLE OF FIXTURE CHANGES.

Just a quick reminder that due to Skegness not quite being ready, the UK Open has been swapped with the Ipswich world championship qualifying round. The new dates are as follows:

IPSWICH WQR3 - 22nd May 2008

SKEGNESS - UK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - 5th June 2008

Furthermore, it is unlikely that Buxton is going to be ready for its first fixture of the season, therefore the Bradford Tarmac meeting scheduled for August will be brought forward and given world championship qualifying status, with Buxton having is first meeting in august. The dates are as follows:

BRADFORD TARMAC – WQR 6/W+Y 5 – 19th June 2008

BUXTON - W+Y 10 – 28th August 2008

The fixture list flyer indicates these changes, and the UK Dirt website will indicate this change in due course (when I get back from my school outing).

Cheers

Johno

• 2 weeks later...

RULE CHANGE

After noticing that the pole man of each grade appears to win majority of the races, especially the last four finals, the F1 Admin Team have decided to change the rules slightly when it comes to gridding the final.

The Grand Final will now be gridded grades within grades according to the average points chart for each surface. This will mean that the driver with the highest average in their grade, will start at the back of the grade. This is effectively what we did last year in F1, and we believe that it will be a success in rfactor.

The points chart used, as stated above, will be the average surface points charts, which can be found on Kev's site by clicking on the links to the right. (Shale and Tarmac)

Whilst these tables are updated regularly, in the event that they are not 100% up to date, I will calculate it and attach the spreadsheet to the MI so you can check your position, and to if I have gridded you correctly.

PLEASE NOTE: Should you win a race, then you start at the back of your grade for every other race except the final (eg if you win heat 1, you start at the back of your grade for the second heat and the grand national. The final is the only race where you may not start at the back of your grade).

If there are any problems, or I have not explained this very well, then please post here, and I will reply to your query tomorrow, or perhaps a member of the admin team will spot it and hopefully clear up any query you may have.

• 1 month later...

RULE CHANGE

As it stands at the minute in rfactor, you are only allowed to change one chassis per season in rfactor. It has however been noted that some drivers just submitted their autumn series skins, or have tried other chassis and found they are more comfortable in a different chassis to the one they have. With this in mind, a couple have asked for the rule to be changed.

With this in mind, the rFactor F1 Admin Team will adjust this rule slightly to allow any drivers to make ONE chassis change on Tarmac and ONE chassis change on Shale. This gives a total of TWO chassis changes per season, but DOES NOT give you the right to change your chassis twice on one surface.

Drivers are still permitted to use the novice skins when first trying rfactor F1.

With this in mind, there will be a skinpack before the Dutch Championship meeting, which is due to take place a week on Thursday. You will still need to submit all grades, so that if your grade changes, you will not need to worry about it. Further details will appear online very shortly.

• 1 month later...

FIXTURE CHANGES

Unfortunately, with the back dating of the website, this was one of the posts that has been lost. Here is a reminder of the fixture list changes.

28 August:

- Was Bradford Tarmac (W&Y 10)

- Now Birmingham

4 September:

- Was Sheffield (WC Cons Semi-Final + W&Y 11)

- Now Bradford Shale (WC Cons Semi-Final + W&Y 11)

11 September:

- Was Hednesford

- Now Hednesford

18 September:

- Was Ipswich (World Final)

- Now Ipswich (World Final)

2 October:

- Was Coventry (British)

- Now Belle Vue (British)

16 October:

- Was Sheffield (WCQR 09 + W&Y 12)

- Now Sexberium (WCQR 2009 r1 + W&Y 12)

23 October:

- Was Northampton (WCQR 09 + W&Y 13)

- Bradford Tarmac (WCQR 2009 r2 + W&Y 13)

30 October:

- Was Belle Vue (Grand National Championship)

- Now Skegness Shale (Grand National Championship)

6 November:

- Was Coventry (CofC + W&Y 14)

- Now Northampton (CofC + W&Y 14)

The site is currently not up to date. I wil try and have this sorted by Wednesday night, so please refer to these fixtures for the time being.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..