Cars Should Not Be Tracked(Bangers)

swindy

Is is just me as im getting old that some banger cars i see on track just should not be there ,for some this is call tin and photoghers flock to take pics ,but dont you think in another 10 years time are british cars that was made here will all but gone with just some small clubs trying there best to keep running

Im a lover of are old British cars i spent 9 mouth restoration a 1772 triumph dolomite 15 tc auto(me and my lad in pic and my banger under far side )

Wish people would think before racing it use jap crap not are old British cars

Thanks

Snapper

post-871-1211233162_thumb.jpg

Edited by swindy

I used to be dead against classics being used in Bangers but I realise that some cars are too far gone to restore. Either that or none of the classic fans are willing to save them. In those cases, what's the point in just leaving a classic to rot? If nobody will restore it for the road, you might aswell put it on track. There are also alot of older classic fans who take every opportunity to have a go at Banger racing, and whenever a classic is nicked, they blame it on Bangers, I'm getting sick of that lot to be honest. I'm not saying every classic fan hates Bangers (I'm a classic fan myself but I like Banger racing), but there are a number of them who hate Banger racing and don't flinch from showing it.

Is is just me as im getting old....

Snapper

Apparently so.....

Plenty of old american/european/russian/japanese rare beasts get destroyed too. History is full of rare unreplacable objects being destroyed by future generations, thats what makes whats left so valuable. Also, outside of banger racing those cars are worthless cos in all honesty they are ugly, badly designed , unreliable, noisy, uncomfortable and, well, crap tbh. No one wants to spend thousands restoring a 1960s rootes group saloon, so it ends up on the track...... Where it belongs :)

Is is just me as im getting old that some banger cars i see on track just should not be there ,for some this is call tin and photoghers flock to take pics ,but dont you think in another 10 years time are british cars that was made here will all but gone with just some small clubs trying there best to keep running

Im a lover of are old British cars i spent 9 mouth restoration a 1772 triumph dolomite 15 tc auto(me and my lad in pic and my banger under far side )

Wish people would think before racing it use jap crap not are old British cars

Thanks

Snapper

I see you have a beer in your hand lol :rofl:

Be realistic. There are literally tens of thousands of old cars out there still. Most are not actually that rare, they're all out there somewhere still sat rotting in corners/barns/yards etc. In another 10 years or so 99.9% of them will still be sat there rotting unless they are weighed in or raced. Nobody wants to spend, often up to 2 grand, plus zillions of hours, restoring a car worth probably £2500 at the end of it.

Even the cars raced that are rare, nobody wants them. These cost even more to repair and at the end of it they're hardly worth anything. Reason British cars are rare half the time nowdays is because they either rot cos they're made out of crap steel, driven on British salty roads, or they're ugly.

Most of the pre-70 stuff raced is well passed it, or just not economic for anyone to repair. Get em raced!

There's still plenty of well kept/restored classics out there, to go around.

Edited by splinter

Disagree.. Old cars are'nt rare there old but theres plenty about, even still laying up in gardens.. And if you own a classic for every one that gets raced it makes you'res 1 more rare so worth more lol.. And alot of the ones being raced now excuse my french.. Are Royally F***ed..

Imo Matty's coupe was the biggest waste..

cheers

Edited by calum

u just cant keep old car runing now adays with petrol costs i have a p5 on the road your about 20-30 quid of lrp everytime u go out in it and i had a mk2 est for the road was going 2 do it up but the money i would of spent on it i could of bought a nice mk1 or coupe when your doing them up u spend endless money for not a lot in return when u sell it on

The way I see it, as someone else as already mentioned, if the cars get rarer cos there are less of them the survivers should increase in value.

I think most of these old motors that are raced 9 times out of 10 are beyond saving cos they are wrecks and a lot of work is put into getting them to the track and looking half decent.

Far worse is a car that is kept in a barn for years rotting away only to be taken down to the scrap yard and crushed without getting to go racing.......

Go out with a BANG !

I'm no banger fan but does anyone else think that the government/councils crushing impounded old cars is a waste? I'm sure a lot of them are banger worthy and with the plastic modern cars of today, how much longer will bangers continue to exist?

When I've been to the Pre '68 at Hednesford and seen car pre '50 being bangered then I often think its a shame but you don't usually have to look to far to see how rotten it is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..