General sound problem

Kruiz 136

Along with many other problems I experienced last night, sound was one of them. It seems to have gone a bit '2 - Dimensional' as if bass is clashing with treble rather than playing together, its hard for me to explain exactly what it sounds like but I know its not as good a quality as before. Its definately not the headphones I use bbecause I have to identical pairs and its the same in both. So could it be the sound card? Or drivers?

Any help much appreciated.

I searched for what my sound device is called on google and downloaded & installed the first drivers that looked likely to be what I was after, during installation it said I already had those drivers instaled and do I want to over-write, so clicked yes and rebooted PC after it finished but its still the same. :( I have a 'sb audigy 2 audio (cc80)' sound card according to my sound device manager and my PC does not seem to have intergrated sound. I'm trying another set of drivers ( I think lol) so will see what happens this time, any other ideas?

Thanks

Kruiz

Try a system restore?

Make sure you have everything backed up first!

Ahh nice idea, will try that after trying these drivers if it doesn't work. Just to try and explain what it sounds like..

From what I (don't) understand sound cards have channels in them? Some 4 or 6 etc I assume this is to give a 'layered' affect to the sound and deliver better quality? Before the problem everything had a nice textured sound to it but it seems like its all being pushed into one channel, and base turns down when treble plays loudly and then voices take over treble when theres singing, really depends on the song though.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Nope no joy I'm afraid :(

Anyone got any more ideas please? Hopefully its not the sound card that bust, I've just had to pay out for a new wheel after that broke this week.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..