websites in notepad

stig727

html is real easy to learn mate, and yes you can design websites fully in notepad.

I tend to use dreamweaver, not the cheapest software around but certainly one of the easiest and quickest :)

take a look at me site, this was done in a combination of dreamweaver and notepad http://www.martellowebdesign.com

i do my websites with notepad and html codes. just type html basics into google to get started. my sites are basic, but doing it all yourself is much more rewarding!

While were on the topic of Website Building, does anyone know where I can download a web based editior instead of me opening up frontpage each time, updating it, save it then upload it. Any Ideas of what I could search for?

I did a search and found a decent site with a couple of helpfull tools. Think i kow the basics but still might use dream weaver also. and i wouldnt be able to answer your question adz, I dont have a clue (thats why i started the topic.)

stig727

Edited by stig727

Fair enough mate. If you ever need a hand building websites just give me a PM and I'll give you my addy and I'll help you out. Also you can see what sites I have made etc.

Freewebs use the Web Based Editor and that is basiclly what I need, I just need to install it to my web hosting and start using it.

That looks brill, How long did it taketo setup? and do you know of any sites that could teach me html code?

thanks stig727

Tbh that one is ongoing, I am always changing things, improving things etc etc but it basically took me a few weeks on and off to create the site. My latest one that I am working on for a client http://www.stonecrosssigns.com hasn't taken me very long at all, about a day really, just awaiting feedback and then I can complete it :)

That looks great. only one glitch, the link on the top that says race car signs doesnt fit the border thing just so you know, what sort of money (if any) does webdesign make?

thanks stig727

Tbh it depends on your abilities as to how much you can make. A team of experienced web designers, graphic designers and coders will make far greater profits than say a lone designer like myself.

When pricing a website you need to think how much your time is worth really. You can't price them on day rate as you will never be sat at the PC all day so you just have to work out what you think you are worth :)

What browser are you using, because I can't seem to find any problems with the top navigation links in IE7 and Firefox.

ive got the bog standard BT browser. just got dream weaver will have a go soon.

BT don't make a web browser, it is going to be one of the following, Internet Explorer 5, 5.5, 6 or 7, Firefox, Opera or Safari if you are on a mac?

It's handy to know what browser you are using as I can only test sites in the latest IE (7) and Firefox and Opera.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..