virgin media ANY GOOD ????

Budge313

I can now get virgin media. http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15163

it's fibre optic 20mb plus all the other bits that go with it....

My question..... will it run online gaming ok.... i know it sounds great... but no point if i can't get online and race... ect ect ect

Answers on a post card please.... or asap, as bt contract nearly up and want to change to someone or something different

Budge#313

I'm on virgin media and i can race online with no problems, never get warp or anything like that and its never let me down

im on virgin & since the move to cybernetics i can no longer race ukdirt, i would tread very carefully with virgin as they are crap m8, leek could probably point you to the thread on cybernetic forum about virgin issues. i'm just waiting for my contract to expire so i can get a bt landline & use a dedicated gaming ISP the extra cost will be worth it.

Hi Budge i was on telewest before virgin took it over and i'm on 20mb and never had any problems racing online in ukdirt or rfactor and i have the xl phone package and the 20mb broadband for 37 quid a month so it's up to you m8 hope you make the right choice :thumbs_up:

Budge.

I,ve been with VirginMedia from day one,previously Telewest and have had no issues whatsoever

PC I had previously wasnt exactly top spec but I ran UKDirt Bangers with absolutely no problems.

Virgins' own anti-virus,PC Guard also seems a decent enough set up as well and theres also a few other "freebies" thrown in for good measure when you take out the full package (Music Library, BBCi Player and TV on demand which stores various TV progs from the past week (Not ITV though for some reason)

I've had a shop around in recent times and reckon the Virgin setup's a very good package for the price

Hope this helps

:2:

'MEK

had it 3 years now and never disconnected, superb for gaming, never had a minutes problem with it, im 10mb and its constint all the time.

the pc gaurd you get with it is sound as well, no need for any other anti vrus or spyware software etc. updates all of them itself also.

i had aol before i moved into my own house and i was utter bleeeepp. disconnecting here their and everywhere.

tosh

On virgin here to and never had any hassle

I was with virgin for many years until about 2 years ago when my ping used to go through the roof at peek times, I contacted them many times about it until one day they admitted that they had taken on too many customers and their system couldn't cope, they then kept promising an upgrade to their system but it never came about so I switched to BT, which has been fine.

Virgin may have updated their system by now but I thought I'd just give my experience with them.

Thanks everybody for the comments..... i've now ordered virgin media 20mb... just waiting for conformation from them now... TBH i've never had a problem with BT apart from the download speed... off torrent ect... mainly went for the deal i get.... you add my phone bill, sky full package and broadband up.. and i save loadsa money with virgin.... so fingers crossed all will go well

Thanks again lads :appl::thumbs_up:

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's up and running... as you can see i've gone from 6,900 d/l and 330 u/l to what you see at the bottom... and that was day 1 they said it will settle down and possible be quicker but that looks good to me.... thanks everyone for the advice :king:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..