need help hosting a sever

**HINT** try using the search button.

find your ip adress here

IP

when you go in to the game, go to multiplayer then click on your player, then press create, put in a server name (anything you want eg unlimited bangers) then put in a password i dont think you have to have one then press ok. then give everyone your ip addy and they can connect. any problems pm me.

Ip = 123.456.789.00 password = StopMakingPointlessThreads

Just stating my opinion...

This is why new people dont know anything because when they ask they get slated...If you look he's made 5 posts, doubt he's even seen the 'search' button yet.

Talking about pointless threads, isn't that a fairly pointless reply???

Stig, you normal have to go onto 192.168.1.1 (Could be different on your router) and open up Ports 2001. You could open your ports and you still couldnt host. Theres got to be a guide somewhere on here but im not sure, use the Search button at the top of the Forum and see what you can find.

router index for most makes - help to suss out how to configure your router

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...routerindex.htm

as adz say 192.168.1.1 is usualy home adress to login to your router,

some routers have acces utility for configuration.

you will need to also have your internal ip for port forwarding,

to find this, type in the run box on your start menu, cmd

them comand promt, type in ipconfig & hit return

this wil give you internal ip, most cases would be 192.168.1.2 as your internal ip,

once you have this goto portforward, see if you can locate your router make/model,

follow the guides and substite any necasary info- ie you internal adress + port number for heat would be = 2001,

once you have configured you router properly,

you would then need to give people your external ip wich you can get from here.

http://whatismyip.com/

get them to try and connect with standard ip if this fails add :2001 to the end of it

Edited by demonstone

Hi me again

I have looked on the site i posted and on the site demonstone posted for finding your ip address and each site gave me a differnet ip address does it matter which one people use to connect to me when i want to play multiplayer or not?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..