Music Downloads

Cod120

Its about time something happened. Its laughable they have let it go on this long, almost making it 'the norm' for people to download their favourite music. Youtube/Google is as bad. They obviously still make mega bucks from the bittorrents and internet usage in a round about way via third party advertising thats why I fell they havent clamped down on it yet. Overall music sales figures are still high contrary to what they say. The big organisations almost deserve to lose every penny in revenue as they have ripped everyone off for years, unfortunatly the little high street shops and our shopping centres suffer.

I like using torrents for other things though like missed tv programmes, or various programs I wouldnt be able to track down in the shops, so would they slow my connection down for some legitimate sharing/downloads?

Its about time something happened. Its laughable they have let it go on this long, almost making it 'the norm' for people to download their favourite music. Youtube/Google is as bad. They obviously still make mega bucks from the bittorrents and internet usage in a round about way via third party advertising thats why I fell they havent clamped down on it yet. Overall music sales figures are still high contrary to what they say. The big organisations almost deserve to lose every penny in revenue as they have ripped everyone off for years, unfortunatly the little high street shops and our shopping centres suffer.

I like using torrents for other things though like missed tv programmes, or various programs I wouldnt be able to track down in the shops, so would they slow my connection down for some legitimate sharing/downloads?

its strange that it's taken this long, i agree, but i think thats down to the music industry (pun intended) lagging ;) behind tbh. I've used file-sharing software to recover most of the stuff i used to have on vinyl back in the day......well, i lost loads in a recent re-format but technically i've paid for the music already and was replacing my collection.....the point being there's no legal way to re-own music you 'lost' (i sold the collection in times of strife about 15 years ago lol......400 albums ffs, lots of rare and import....you get the idea)......filesharing does have its upsides too ya see? :)

Torrents are a different issue imho, they're big files at big rates and in the great majority they're not legit (you mention tv programmes quite rightly but there seems to be a growing discussion on where the licence fee fits into the internet age.....itv already block their live feed for the GP through the website to UK proxy servers only and bbc's iplayer uses similar software) so you have to wonder whether 'hollywood' (i.e. the big studios and TV production) are even slower than the music industry..... :blink:

yours, wishing the internet was as free as it said on the tin ;) ....... lol

I don't use torrents alot but the ISP's job is to sell you access to the internet, not to police it :thumbs_down: I know when people download music illegally it is like stealing but it's not as if the 'musicians' haven't got enough money already. And the ISP slowing people's connections down when they paid for a faster connection, isn't that just as bad?

Edited by earache

I use www.gomusic.ru as it provides a huge range of music legally downloaded for £1.00 an album. I've been using it for 3years now and had nothing but great cheap music downloads. You shouldn't expect your music for free, it costs to produce, but paying £5-6 to download an album is ridiculous too.

theres loads of websites that you can download music for free, without the use of torrents or programs like limewire...... you just need to look a bit harder. They will never stop it. If they want to stop it totally they will have to get rid of the websites like megaupload and rapidshare which will never happen

The man does have a point

Its not like music bands,solo singers are being robbed of money by downloading a song is it ? :shrug:

Edited by walker

I agree, he realy does have a point, reminds me of robin hood.

the way i see illegal downloading is if its free take it and if so many people are against it then why does illegal downloading exist it should never have been possible in the first place if so many people were losing out.

Kid Rock tells us to steal from rich people... that got rich by selling us stuff? So is his message - Buy stuff from vendors until they're rich... then steal from them?

Perhaps he's subversively telling rich people that they should stop being so greedy.

Or is he simply saying "I got mine, do what you want, i dont give a..."

Or is he representing himself in a way that makes us poor folk feel a connection with him that encourages us to buy his output?

Music companys turn over billions of dollars. Apple makes more on music downloads then it does on hardware sales. Go steal an ipod, it's a loss leader anyway. To make it work you need software... that takes you to the itunes store... where you spend your money on a copywritten data stream. On which Apple pay music rights to... Kid Rock for instance.

Do yourselves a favour Stig, Hutch, Walker, download some Rage Against The Machine and listen carefully. Amongst their wisdoms are such gems as "Radio is silent though it fills the air with noises"

Dont believe the hype

xTx

Kid Rock tells us to steal from rich people... that got rich by selling us stuff? So is his message - Buy stuff from vendors until they're rich... then steal from them?

Perhaps he's subversively telling rich people that they should stop being so greedy.

Or is he simply saying "I got mine, do what you want, i dont give a..."

Or is he representing himself in a way that makes us poor folk feel a connection with him that encourages us to buy his output?

Music companys turn over billions of dollars. Apple makes more on music downloads then it does on hardware sales. Go steal an ipod, it's a loss leader anyway. To make it work you need software... that takes you to the itunes store... where you spend your money on a copywritten data stream. On which Apple pay music rights to... Kid Rock for instance.

Do yourselves a favour Stig, Hutch, Walker, download some Rage Against The Machine and listen carefully. Amongst their wisdoms are such gems as "Radio is silent though it fills the air with noises"

Dont believe the hype

xTx

Ever heard of taking the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] ??? :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..