Kings Lynn - 1st World Championship Semi Final Preview

Johno3

1st WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINAL - KINGS LYNN

Thursday 31st July 2008

This season’s first World Championship Semi Final will take place on the shale way of Kings Lynn. Kings Lynn has already hosted three meeting this season, and has produced three different final winners. The tractor tyres on the outside make sure that you need to concentrate throughout the race, and it is important that you try to avoid the armco so not to damage your car.

The racing though has been spectacular, and very fast. Dazza has picked this track, and therefore must start the race as favourite. He may well be pleased that some of his main rivals, Sybe, Kruiz and MoR, have had to pull out, but there is still plenty of talent on the track to make sure this race will be a cracker. There are also a few guys that will be trying to get to the front from the back of the grid, namely Drumbstick and The Green Genie. Neither should be ruled out at challenging for a podium position, and should Dazza not get a good start, then perhaps the victory.

I can now confirm that it will be the first 10 cars across the line that make the World Final grid at Ipswich on Thursday 18th of September. Any driver failing to qualify, or unable to attend their semi final, will have one final chance at the consolation semi final which comes in September.

The format for the night will see the semi final being an extra race on the night. It will be slotted in between the heats and the final, and in regards to the national points, it will be given final points (i.e. 25,20,18,16.......)

Anyway, as is tradition, he are the runners and riders for the first UK Dirt Rfactor F1 World championship Semi Finals.

----------

DAZZA #290
ROW 1 INSIDE
Appearances: 17 / National Points Position: 1st / Total Points: 520 / Race wins: 11 / Final wins: 2 / UK OPEN CHAMPION
Dazza has really started to dominate Rfactor F1 in recent weeks. After a shaky start, he really settled in and has two final wins to his name. He took the first title of the season in fine style, having to come from the back of the grid in order to win the race. He has also won a final already at Kings Lynn, in a meeting which he totally dominated. Many have him down as the favourite for the race, and as long as he gets off the start, I think there is little that can stop him gaining a front row start for the world final at Ipswich.
PREDICTION: WINNER

----------

LEEK #39
ROW 1 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 18 / National Points Position: 6th / Total Points: 321 / Race wins: 4 / Final wins: 3
LeeK is one of those drivers that needs a grade in between blue and red. Lee is clearly far too good from blue, as his three finals wins have shown, yet finds it hard going from red. His final wins have come on both surfaces, and his Kings Lynn form is not too bad, taking 34 points in his first meeting. For Lee, much will depend on how he gets away. If he gets stuck on the outside, he may find he slips down the grid and has to fight his way back to the front. I would be very surprised if Lee did not make the world final, but I think you may find it is in the second half of the top 10 rather than the first half which he would crave.
PREDICTION: TOP 10

----------

SYBE #315
ROW 2 INSIDE
Appearances: 16 / National Points Position: 7th / Total Points: 299 / Race wins: 7 / Final wins: 2
Sybe will unfortunately not be taking up his position on the grid due to Holiday commitments.

----------

IRONMAC #288
ROW 2 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 18 / National Points Position: 10th / Total Points: 264 / Race wins: 6 / Final wins: 0
Ironmac is one of those drivers that appears to get very little luck. Had some good success in semi finals in Heat F1, and will be looking for that luck to follow him over to Rfactor F1. 6 race wins suggest that Ironmac is no slouch, and you would be correct, but he openly admits that this is one of his worst tracks. In his first two meetings here he only scored 12 points, but that improved in the third meeting here where he scored 23 points. He will find a space next to him, with Sybe not racing, and this will enable him to get to the inside. He should qualify, but like Lee, could be in the lower half of the top 10.

----------

KRUIZ #136
ROW 3 INSIDE
Appearances: 11 / National Points Position: 8th / Total Points: 299 / Race wins: 7 / Final wins: 1
Kruiz will unfortunately not be taking up his position on the grid due to Holiday commitments.

----------

DANSKIN #236
ROW 3 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 16 / National Points Position: 12th / Total Points: 243 / Race wins: 10 / Final wins: 1 / DUTCH OPEN CHAMPION
Dan would be the first one to admit that he has had rather a mixed season to date. Sometimes he can be brilliant, as signified by his cracking drive to take the Dutch Open, and other times he can give up too easily. Much will depend on the guys mood, if he is up for it, he will go well, if he is not, then he may struggle. He admits himself that he would have preferred the Skegness semi final, but his record does seem to suggest improvement at Kings Lynn, as the last time he raced there he got 27 points. Should definitely make the top 10 as long as he doesn’t give up and finishes the race.

----------

MOR #137
ROW 4 INSIDE
Appearances: 13 / National Points Position: 5th / Total Points: 348 / Race wins: 3 / Final wins: 2
MoR will unfortunately not be taking up his position on the grid due to work commitments.

----------

TOSH #8
ROW 4 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 4 / National Points Position: 20th / Total Points: 108 / Race wins: 1 / Final wins: 1
Tosh has only been able to make limited appearances this season due to working. So far he has raced two on the tarmac and two on the shale. His final win came on the shale of Bradford and he scored a handy 22 points at the last Kings Lynn meeting meaning there is no doubt that he is comfortable on the shale. With no one next to him, it should be easy to tuck into the inside line, and with this, enable him to make up a few places. He may get a top 3 finish out of the race, but should definitely get a minimum of a top 5 finish.
PREDICTION: TOP 5

----------

MARKY #18
ROW 5 INSIDE
Appearances: 12 / National Points Position: 17th / Total Points: 160 / Race wins: 1 / Final wins: 0
Marky has made a good few appearances this year, and is one of the quieter drivers in F1. Started the season at white and was quickly promoted after the first meeting. He then went to blue after the first grading period but found it hard initially. Just when t looked he had settled down, he was down graded to yellow. He has only raced one Kings Lynn meeting, and scored well from the yellow grade. May find it hard going trying to come from mid pack, but I expect him to creep inside the top 10, especially with a number of cars missing.
PREDICTION: TOP 10 FINISH

----------

TOM D #112
ROW 5 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 15 / National Points Position: 13th / Total Points: 219 / Race wins: 2 / Final wins: 0
TomD has had a very good start to his Rfactor F1 career. Starting at yellow, he quickly was promoted to blue. He had one meeting at blue, and was quickly promoted to red. This perhaps came a little too soon for him, as after one period he was back down to blue. He sees to have settled now, and is climbing the points chart again, looking to get that red roof back. Is surprisingly lower than one may expect, but has the capability to get up through the field, especially as he can use the bumper to good effect. Certainly one of the drivers to watch from the back, and should get a top 10 finish.

----------

THE GREEN GENIE #298
ROW 6 INSIDE
Appearances: 3 / National Points Position: 21st / Total Points: 100 / Race wins: 5 / Final wins: 1 / SCOTTISH CHAMPION
The Genie has raced 3 meetings so far this season, each with a high degree of success. Had a good first meeting from yellow, which seen him get upgraded to blue. He then raced two tarmac meetings and scored very highly in both meaning he was upgraded to blue. Won the Scottish Championship after a great battle with DanSkin, and this experience will stand him in good stead for this race. He has not raced on Kings Lynn in UK Dirt, but I would expect him to be fast. Add that to his ability to use the bumper, and he should definitely get a top 5 position, and may even sneak a top 3 finish.
PREDICTION: TOP 3

----------

ALLSTAR #500
ROW 6 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 1 / National Points Position: unavailable / Total Points: 38 / Race wins: 1 / Final wins: 0
Allstar made his debut in Rfactor F1 this past week on the tarmac of Hednesford. Little did he know that it was to be one of the most successful debuts in Rfactor F1 history. Not only did he score a massive 38 points, but he also took the grand national race by storm. Based on his performance, he has been upgraded to blue, and it will be interesting to see how he gets on from there. This will be his first appearance on the shale, and in such a big meeting, but if he does as well as he did in his first meeting, then he will easily get in the top 10.
PREDICTION: TOP 10 FINISH

----------

SPIKE #221
ROW 7 INSIDE
Appearances: 11 / National Points Position: 26th / Total Points: 34 / Race wins: 0 / Final wins: 0
Spike was a little dubious making the change to Rfactor, but once he got into it, he has really enjoyed it. After a shaky start, he is really starting to get the hang of it, and it is only a matter of time until he is proudly wearing a yellow roof, having in recent weeks come close to taking the chequered flag. This race sees him start from the back however, and on his least favourite surface, shale, thus he may find it hard work. One thing you can guarantee is that this guy will use the bumper, and he will be ready to capitalise on any mistakes that any driver on the grid may make.
PREDICTION: JUST TO MISS OUT

----------

DRUMBSTICK #41
ROW 7 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 2 / National Points Position: 25th / Total Points: 35 / Race wins: 0 / Final wins: 0
If there was one person that you would need to watch in this race, it would be Drumbstick. Unfortunately due to illness, he has not been able to race as many meetings as he would like, and has even been downgraded to red. But class is permanent, and this guy is as fast as anyone on the track. His skill in amongst traffic will be a huge advantage for him, and his ability to post consistent lap times when he gets out on his own should ensue that despite being so far back, he secures a top 3 finish, and thus give him a good chance of taking the gold come the big day at Ipswich.
PREDICTION: TOP 3

----------

WALKER #74
ROW 8 INSIDE
Appearances: 1 / National Points Position: unavailable / Total Points: 1 / Race wins: 0 / final wins: 0
Walker was another driver to make his Rfactor debut at Hednesford in the final world championship qualifying round this past week. Starting from the yellow grade, Walker found it hard going, but managed to reach the first Rfactor milestone of getting his first point on the board. Thursday will see his first meeting on the shale, which could well mean that it will be hard going for him. If results were based on enjoyment, then Walker would win this semi final, as he loved his debut in the Rfactor mod. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and I think he will find it hard to qualify. One thing is for sure though; he will give it his all!

----------

TINMAN #248
ROW 8 OUTSIDE
Appearances: 1 / National Points Position: unavailable / Total Points: 0 / Race wins: 0 / Final wins: 0
Tinman will unfortunately not be taking up his position on the grid.

----------

EARACHE
ROW 9 INSIDE
Appearances: 2 / National Points Position: 38th / Total Points: 0 / Race wins: 0 / Final wins: 0
Earache so far as only made two appearances in F1, and this has meant that he has struggled to score points. He has done one meeting on the tarmac, and one on the shale, so he has experienced shale racing before. He has not raced at Kings Lynn to date, and this will be a slightly different proposition for him given the huge tractor tyres on the inside. It is unlikely that he will qualify in the top 10, but he will be giving it his all. This race will provide valuable experience for him, and I am sure when all is said and done, he will enjoy himself.

----------

Well that’s it for the preview; it is now time for the action to take place on the track. I have made my predictions for the race, and may have in some cases cursed some people which I am sure they will not thank me for. In some cases people will feel they will get higher than I have predicted them, and this is what makes Rfactor F1 so exciting........ My prediction could be totally wrong and anything could happen.

So remember.....

Thursday 31st July @ 9pm - Kings Lynn Semi final - get yourself booked in.
Edited by Johno3

I have made my predictions for the race, and may have in some cases cursed some people which I am sure they will not thank me for.

Yes I will be having words :blink:

Looking forward to it guys although KL has to be one of my weaker tracks

Looking forward to the semi final and happy to be in it.

Even if i don't finish in the top ten then least I can say I gave it a go :thumbup:

Excellent right up Johno, a great read! :appl:

Looking good to be able to take up my position on the grid tonight due to a change in shifts, so that gap on the inside might look a little bit smaller at least! Really looking forward to it, should be a great race.

Excellent right up Johno, a great read! :appl:

Looking good to be able to take up my position on the grid tonight due to a change in shifts, so that gap on the inside might look a little bit smaller at least! Really looking forward to it, should be a great race.

Pleased to hear it :thumbs_up:

if im booked in johno can you cancel it please seeing as my internet got accidentally cancelled by some tit at B.T and they are yet to even bother sorting it out :@

if your wondering how im posting etc it is because i am using a dialup connection with a WHOPPING speed of 45kbps!

Edited by Lee

if im booked in johno can you cancel it please seeing as my internet got accidentally cancelled by some tit at B.T and they are yet to even bother sorting it out :@

if your wondering how im posting etc it is because i am using a dialup connection with a WHOPPING speed of 45kbps!

Sorry to hear that - you have been cancelled.

Would it be possible for me to use this car for the meeting tonight? Maybe someone could make a quick skinpack? Sorry for the hassle but I hate using novice skins lol

492shalecar.zip

I am afraid not tonight earache. Its no longer about just putting it on a pack. It has to be installed onto the server as well, and Dan is currently at work. You will be fine to use a novice skin, and there is another skin pack to come ahead of Next weeks european double header, so we will put it in for you then.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

I am sorry earache, but your constant moaning has really annoyed me.

DanSkin, who does the skinpacks, has been at work all day, then has his own semi final to take care of as well. To do a skinpack you have to do the pack and install it on the server. It also means that we are making unnessessary packs which gets people all confused. I have told you that you can have it in the game next week, when we have a scheduled a skinpack.

The fact that you have gone on as really annoyed me. You let us know that you have a skin about 5 hours before a meeting when everyone is busy doing things. You have had all week to tell us that you are doing, or in fact have a skin, and you choose right before the meeting. Thats bang out of order in my opinion, and in fact, if no one submits any skins next week, I may even tell Dan not to bother with yours for the rudeness that you have shown.

I dont expect to hear anything else said on the subject, or you wont be having your skin in the game at all.

Johno I

The fact that you have gone on as really annoyed me. You let us know that you have a skin about 5 hours before a meeting when everyone is busy doing things. You have had all week to tell us that you are doing, or in fact have a skin, and you choose right before the meeting. Thats bang out of order in my opinion, and in fact, if no one submits any skins next week, I may even tell Dan not to bother with yours for the rudeness that you have shown.

To be honest I feel that's a bit harsh. I realise I was a bit rude and apologise for that but I think you've over-reacted a bit aswell, I haven't broken any league rules.

Edited by earache

DanSkin, who does the skinpacks, has been at work all day, then has his own semi final to take care of as well. To do a skinpack you have to do the pack and install it on the server. It also means that we are making unnessessary packs which gets people all confused. I have told you that you can have it in the game next week, when we have a scheduled a skinpack.

I dont expect to hear anything else said on the subject, or you wont be having your skin in the game at all.

Johno I

A simple no would have sufficed. I wouldnt bother racing if thats how people get spoken to.

Johno I

A simple no would have sufficed. I wouldnt bother racing if thats how people get spoken to.

If you read the topic, you would see that I gave him a simple no. He then decided to go on about it.

Earache, I wasnt annoyed at your initial request, but to explain to why you cant have you skin, and for you then to go on and on and on is out of order. We are people that do this for enjoyment, and we dont enjoyed be told do do a skin pack a matter of hours before I meeting. We like to race and practice too.

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..