RIP Craig Jones

Guest Trash

Guest Trash

If anyone, like me, is into their bike racing then this is shocking news.

If you were watching the World Supersports race live on Eurosport yesterday from the World Superbike round at Brands Hatch then you would have seen the horrific crash when Jonesy fell exiting the last corner and was collected by the bike directly behind him ridden by Andrew Pitt.

Unfortunately the news broke this morning that Craig had succombed to his serious head injuries and passed away earlier today.

He was a great rider to watch, all action with his backing it in style.

Based in Peterborough, he was just 23 years old with a big motorbike future.

RIP.

Edited by Trash

Totally shocked! He was a brilliant rider, I could watch him throwing his bike into the corners sideways all day, I'm absolutely gutted, I had high hopes for him in the future, it was a very nasty accident, my condolences to all his family and friends. :(:sick03:

I was out yesterday so watched the 2 WSB races at night and Tony Carter mentioned the Supersport race being stopped due to an incident with Craig who I have enjoyed watching this season and who has been very unlucky indeed to not yet win a race and I was sure he would do soon.

I was told tonight about his passing away and I feel quite numb about it. A real tragedy.

RIP Craig Jones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..