Results / Points - Ipswich - 18/9/08

Kevin

25 cars raced this evening.

The results were:

HEAT 1 (WORLD FINAL): 331, 290, 137, 136, 233, 8, 413, 202, 288, 286, 39, 300, 123, 74, 315, 3 (dnf 112, 236)

HEAT 2: 136, 413, 11, 137, 39, 8, 286, 188, 496, 525, 164, 488, 74 (dnf 248, 236)

HEAT 3: 315, 11, 202, 300, 3, 290, 496, 288, 233, 525, 188, 112 (dnf 164, 248, 488)

GRAND FINAL: 233, 8, 136, 288, 137, 413, 290, 39, 123, 202, 11, 286, 525, 3, 300, 496, 112 (dnf 315, 236, 488, 74, 248, 188)

GN: 3, 300, 236, 39, 290, 315, 136, 11, 202, 286, 413, 496, 233, 123, 525, 288 (dnf 188, 8, 112, 74, 488)

and the points scored from the meeting were:

Number .. Points

331 .. 100

136 .. 49

290 .. 45

233 .. 42

137 .. 39

8 .. 37

413 .. 31

288 .. 25

39 .. 24

202 .. 23

11 .. 17

3 .. 16

300 .. 15

315 .. 14

286 .. 10

236 .. 9

123 .. 6

496 .. 3

525 .. 2

188 .. 1

Zero: 74, 112, 164, 248, 488

Obvious congratulations go to Hutch (331) on becoming the first UKDirt F1 rFactor World Champion. The next rFactor meeting is in two weeks and is for the British Championship so we'll have to wait until then for the debut of the Gold roof (no doubt some pictures will be on the forum well before then). Can anyone stop Hutch making a clean sweep of the four major titles now?

Also congratulations to Kruiz (136) on top scoring over the meeting (Hutch's points ignored lol).

Thanks admin for running meeting.

Congratulations and well done Hutch great drive led from start to finish :appl:

Happy with my 10th but should have been better.

Wd Kruiz for top scoring, Grasser for meeting final and all other race winners.

Bit of a nightmare tonight for me dont know if I am having a run of bad luck or I am getting worse lol.

See you at BV.

Edited by Mr Beef

Thanks Kev for a great meeting, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Well done to Hutch, did everything he needed to do to take the gold, although I can't help but feel he might have had more of a battle on his hands had Dazza not got held up - he had closed the gap and was right on his tail at one point! Still, like I say, you drove a calm and consistent race and took the gold that everyone expected you to take.

Thought the world final was a pretty decent race - the field did become a bit spread out but I believe a good number of drivers finished on the lead lap. Had a pretty decent race myself, had a slightly hectic first lap with many pushers from behind, then broke away a little to try and catch the lead two. When Dazza dropped back, 4th place Iron closed up. With Dazza looking a bit out of his groove after the earlier problems, I decided to make a move for 2nd, only to drop to 4th when I overcooked it on the next bend overanticipating a return hit. What followed was a great bumper battle with Iron which allowed Dazza to get away a little and take 2nd place. Certainly a good race and definately pleased with 3rd.

Heat 2 was another good race, plenty of action. The final was a corker in my opinion, most the reds were well up there battling away. Good to see Grasser finally taking a big rFactor win after months and months of bad luck - really deserved after all the work he put in/is still putting in on the mod.

Well, the bug is still there for me anyway and I hope I can have some Thursday evenings off nearer the end of the season to join you all again - I can't wait.

I think last nights meeting was a great climax to a successful first season on the mod and I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the season, with the British Championship and Grand National Championship still to come. Theres some great new tracks out from Madcowie and you've still got F1 Stockcars V1.2 to look forward to later in the year (anybody checked rFactor Central recently?). The future for rFactor on UKDirt looks very good indeed :thumbup:

Thanks for running the meeting Kev :thumbup:

Well done Hutch :appl: During practise I was beginning to wonder if you had borrowed Moodies' carb, being over a tenth faster than MoR, Dazza and I, but I made just one adjustment to my setup before the meeting and it took almost a tenth off my times, so maybe its possible after all lol.

I am very happy with 4th place in the World Final having come from almost the very back row. I knew that to have any chance of getting near the front runners I'd have to rely on some luck of them hitting each other and slowing each other down and a clean break into the top 10 on the first lap avoiding a big pile up - unfortunately neither happened but I was successful in spinning myself out as I got pushed up a kurb and the ffb died. :rofl: After that I had my work cut out getting to the front so just gave it my all and put the bumper in as hard as I could, ended up getting to about 5th or 6th and had a good battle with a few drivers who can't now remember who they were, Iron was certainly one though, but by then it was about lap 22 and the top 3 were long gone.

I got a solid 3rd in the final after getting up to 4th I saw 233, 8 and 288 all bunched up, I had two choices, either go for it and try and hit them out the way but risk the repercussions or wait and see if a gap opens up. I knew that if I waited too long though 233 was pulling away. Sure enough no gap opened up and I battled Iron for position but Tosh and Grasser had already got away. A great drive from Grasser though and a very well deserved and overdue victory.

The National was a bit of a disaster really with bumpers going in hard I was on the end one or two and damaged car so could only scrape into the top 10 but can't complain with nearly 50 points at one of my weaker tracks.

Hopefully see you all in two weeks time where I and many others will be, I'm sure, trying their hardest to stop Hutch taking the British too! :o:lol:;) See you there. :thumbs_up:

Cheers

Kruiz

Edited by Kruiz 136
Rubbish spelling

First of all, congratulations to Hutch for taking the World Final, and to Grasser for taking the meeting final.

The World race never really turned into the heavy hitting showdown I was expecting. Myself and Hutch both made good starts and felt quite confident when the pressure was on as Hutch seemed to be making a few mistakes (to be honest who wouldnt when leading a World Final). However, got caught up with a back marker when bumper to bumper with Hutch about 10 laps in which took me right out of contention leading to Hutch winning by a couple of seconds or so. 2nd is good though, Im chuffed with that but I'll be off now to up the game a little on my part so I can make it count when needed.

As Kruiz, Ipswich isnt one of my favourite tracks so I was also pleased with my overall results.

Looking forward to Belle Vue and the British, the third most important title after the World and National in my opinion so i'll be there giving it my all to claim it. Hope to see plenty of others there for it too.

Many thanks once again to admin for the preview, meeting and results.

Dazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..