Alpha problem

The London Allstar

Evening chaps, been finishing off my new F1 skins and tried to put them in game as i have been whislt painting. I have no put my skin in game roughly twenty times over the last two days with no problems but now for some reason i have the alpha problem of the bodywork beign 'see through' where the shaddows are on my signs.

I havent changed anything on the way i have converted or the way ive placed the skin in game and am totaly confused as i cannot see a reason for it happening.

Anyone have any ideas

Evening chaps, been finishing off my new F1 skins and tried to put them in game as i have been whislt painting. I have no put my skin in game roughly twenty times over the last two days with no problems but now for some reason i have the alpha problem of the bodywork beign 'see through' where the shaddows are on my signs.

I havent changed anything on the way i have converted or the way ive placed the skin in game and am totaly confused as i cannot see a reason for it happening.

Anyone have any ideas

i've had it a few times m8 and its totally random, best way around it is usually to delete the dds from the game folder and then reopen your original and save it again into the game folder. I tend to find if you open the psd then save it again without changing anything it seems prone to alpha-ing, try deleting something u dont need or draw or colour off the panel area then save the dds into the game folder, it seems to prefer the file to be 'different' :thumbs_up:

Cheers for the replay Wrighty

I did as you suggested to no avail. I renamed the the PSD before saving it, mvoed a couple of the signs and drew on the black backgroudn a bit before saving as my dds file and have used a different name for the dds file when putting it in the vehicle folder.

I'm all out of ideas. Heres a pic of whats happening, the shaddow on my sponsor has gone see through

post-1012-1223115732.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but i've got the same problem again!

Last time setting the alpha to 1 as Tosh suggested curred it, but this time it has gone see through again despite being set to one.

Beging to get very anoyed, especially as it worked 20+ times in a row in the space of 2 days.

Have you tired flattening all the players before you save as a DDS? (remember to back up your psd though just incase you accidentally save it flattened!)

It does seem totally random this problem - I originally linked it with a newer version of the dds plugin which is why I uploaded an older version to the ukdirt website at the start of the year. Are you using that one?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..