'Rip' effect guide

earache

excellent tutorial earache :thumbs_up: well written and easy to follow, nice job m8 :) . If i can offer a hint to go with this, i notice you cut the outside of the numbers that overlapped the rip cutout which has the desired effect :) picture looks excellent....if u do a block of the body colour as a new layer and then cut your rip in that layer, then do your numbers and move that layer down below the layer for the rip effect ;), because the rip is a cutout anything below shows through, and the numbers remain whole if you save the psd so u can use them again later :)

i'd set it up as below....

rip layer (in body colour)

number layer

body colour

also, try a soft shadow underneath the cutout of the rip for depth, it'll shadow over the numbers and main body colour and bring the cutout 'out' but congrats again, its good to see someone has the time to write down what they do for others to try :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..