tex to tga ???

mo927

is there a file/program available where u can acess your existing cars on heat and alter them, like a tex to tga file ? reason being, for example.. chris burgoyne rl f2, can i alter his gold roof and change it to red instead of having to paint an entirely new skin ??

thanks guys !!

Well you could save the .tga before you convert it so that its backed up, or save it as a .psd so you can alter layers. So that when you have a new roof grade or whatever you can just change the layer :)

thanks for the reply courty !! that is what i normally do when i paint my own skins, i was wandering if it could be done with the cars that came with the original heat downloads ??

I had a file (like a car file) you put it in the mod folder and edited the drivers text accordingly. and went in game and print screened it. i could never get it to work.

if you could make a plane in max and some how get it in game (im not that clever) and map it so the tga is stretched over it then printscreen that and crop and resize that to 512 x 512 pixels thats should give you a flat version of the skin.

or you could ask the original skinpainter fo the tga or psd if they have it. if not then (other than the top way) i dont think there is a way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..