Grand National Championship - Sheffield - 30th October 2008

Mav

Thursday October 30th 2008, sees the conclusion to the Grand National Championship, to be held at Sheffield, a new shale track to rFactor but still with those annoying post & wire fences!!!

Although only 7 drivers from the grid are currently booked in on the UK Dirt Website, a new track should make things very even and setup time is going to be paramount!

Grand National Championship 2008
Laps 21 (TBC) / Race Manager - Maverick / Start Time 9:00pm

Polesitter - JOHNO #3 - Points 202.5
Johno's four Grand National wins this season has seen him charge up to the No.1 slot, so no stranger to leading races. Been very solid from his yellow grade, and has compounded some good results since moving upto blue. Could easily get the jump at the start and never be caught, but backmarkers could be his downfall. I expect a strong showing from Johno, as this has been his only real chance of Silverware from a one off race.

Outside Row 1 - MARTEN #291 - Points 172.5
Scored points from three grades this season, showing how consistant he is and how able he is to race from red. Unfortunate not to be on the grid for the World Final, so like Johno has a real good chance of winning this trophy. Likely to stay in touch with Johno in the early laps, but may fade if Johno is consistant. Marten may take a gamble and use the bumper early on, but with 22 other cars following it may cause a huge car park and throw the race wide open!!!!

Inside Row 2 - MATTY #300 - Points 164.5
Not shy in using the bumper, which often causes him problems, so he may be best advised to hold off on the opening laps, then go for it. I don't think Matty will have the speed or the luck to stay in touch for a top three finish, especially if warp gets the better of him, but can easily have a say in who does come 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Outside Row 2 - DAZZA #290 - Points 160
Scored all his points from red/SS, so certainly knows how to drive. How prepared he is for a new track, I am not sure, but I expect him to still be competitive even if his setup isn't truly honed in. He loves shale and his recent performances show that he definately has the talent to win this, but with his nemesis starting one row behind, he may find himself in the wires before crossing the line!!!!

Inside Row 3 - HUTCH #331 - Points 157
Can win this race with his eyes shut!! He will be the best prepared on this new track, as he won't want to risk embarressment :) Odds on for the win, but I thought that for the British and look what happened. Will certainly take some stopping if he has a clear run, but if Dazza isn't kissing the wires early on, expect a battle to the flag.

Outside Row 3 - MARKY #18 - Points 149
White, Yellow but mostly blue is where Marky has scored points from. A regular blue grade who will find the early laps hard going, but if survives the first few laps could hold his position till the end of the race. Track inexperience may be a problem.

Inside Row 4 - VEGAS #202 - Points 148.5
Blue grade now but a regular yellow roof this season, very consistant and great to race against. Will he put the bumper in first bend??? Doubt it lol Vegas will try and race, but with higher grade drivers on the following rows, may find it difficult too. Top ten finish would be his goal, and a decent drive he could obtain it.

Outside Row 4 - JIMMY #259 - Points 143.5
Tarmac is his preferred surface, but if he gets plenty of track time could spring a surprise and make a challenge. He'll have to keep an eye out behind him, but generally isn't afraid of mixing it, so even if he loses places, he will be confident of regaining them. Top three an outside chance, more likely top seven.

Inside Row 5 - IRONMAC #288 - Points 138
Mistakes deriving from overdriving often causes Iron problems, yet despite them is having a good first season. Will expect him to do well, but if a tit for tat battle ensues then Iron may well find himself falling back. Decent race however will net him a top ten finish.

Outside Row 5 - KRUIZ #136 - Points 127
Definate Superstar material, can be at home on either surface. Definately put money on him being top five, if not higher!! Kruiz will have the setup and will go for it from the word GO. If he makes up ground in the early laps could well be in for a shout at the flag, but he may want to forget the big bumper especially as he starts next to Iron!!!!

Inside Row 6 - LEEK #39 - Points 120
Lee is no stranger to Championships, and will approach this one no different. Will want to get a good start, but being in the middle of drivers who are not afraid of using the bumper, this might be a problem. Lee may struggle, but is capable if he gets a clear run. Top ten possible, but may end up on the wrong side and drop down the order.

Outside Row 6 - TOMD #112 - Points 116.5
Has the most bent front bumper in the mod, but often its use is to Tom's benefit. Not shy at getting stuck in, but I fear in this race it will end in disaster. Not fully consistant, may find it hard to keep in touch with the front runners, but will give 110% trying. If drivers fall by the wayside, then a top ten finish is possible.

Inside Row 7 - SYBE #315 - Points 115
Over eagerness has caught Sybe out on occassions, but with a steady drive could well get into the top 5. Is competent on both surfaces, so Sheffield should hold no problems for Sybe. Not afraid to use the bumper, but overusage could see him relegated out of the top ten. What kind of drive will he choose??

Outside Row 7 - MR.BEEF #286 - Points 103
Raced most of the season from red. Beef has been with it all season, but recent bad results have seen a drop to blue. He has made the grade pay for him in Grand Nationals, and row 7 is a great achievement. Lack of knowledge at Sheffield and his race pace will go against him, but if he gets some breaks could find himself with a shot at 10th. More likely though to be outside the top 10 which is a shame.

Inside Row 8 - WALKER #74 - Points 96.5
Another yellow top who drives well, but come meeting time just doesn't get the breaks with his internet!!! Has done really well since joining UK Dirt ranks, using his experience from Sim-Stox has helped him be there or there abouts come the flag. Maybe a driver who already has a setup for Sheffield, therefore has an advantage, but it will take more than that to move up the grid to a top ten slot even if his internet holds out!!

Outside Row 8 - MATTHEWB #413 - Points 93
Not raced often, but can win finals nevertheless. May well resort to the bumper to progress but could find it hard going. May well spring a surprise and turn up !!! Should he turn up then the charge will be on!

Inside Row 9 - DB #318 - Points 91
Missing of late, so not sure if he will show. Has been red all season, goes well until hit; then he snaps and starts driving a bulldozer, blitzing all in his path. If this happens early on then drivers beware!!! Could easily drive a great race and get to top 7, but more likely will be enrolled in the mid pack scramble.

Outside Row 9 - ALLSTAR #500 - Points 88
Still getting to grips with rFactor, but doing ok. Has plenty more to give and could well be a star of the future. Being row 9, Allstar would be happy just to grid, and be happier to finish well, so there will be no expectations nor heroics just pure enjoyment to be out there.

Inside Row 10 - DANSKIN #236 - Points 86.5
Danskin - The one lap wonder!!!! Can't see him progressing much beyond the first lap, as his engine will overheat or tyre burst or not enough fuel ;) If Dan has had time to get a setup, he may well be able to get through the havoc of the mid pack to a top ten place. If not he will enjoy watching from the infield waiting to change the lap files for the next race!!!!

Outside Row 10 - MOR #137 - Points 84
Would surely been higher up the grid, if MOR raced more often. Nevertheless if he is tempted out for a crack at this championship, he may well be challenging for a top 3 finish, even from the back as he has the ability to get his head down and drive like his hero, FWJ.

Inside Row 11 - GREENGENIE #298 - Points 66
Also missing of late, so not sure if he will show. Not seen much of GG this season, and will be surprised if he shows, as internet problems have caused GG grief. Sheffield could prove to be a bad track for GG, unless he has been able to practice, but even then I doubt he will get a rhythm to get a finish.

Outside Row 11 - MAVERICK #525 - Points 64
Prefers tarmac to the slippery stuff, where most if not all his GN points have come from, and from white grade too. Still trying to improve and will practice shale in the close season, but for this race will give his best shot at finishing. Hopefully will not influence the race by being a backmarker in the wrong place.

Inside Row 12 - TOSH #8 - Points 63.5
Fully expect Tosh to move up the grid and quickly. Hopefully on his travels no-one upsets him as he really enjoys to "race" and gets good vibes when it happens. Often though an opponents error catches Tosh out and he losses his rhythm and composure. Surely should finish in top ten.

Outside Row 12 - GRASSER #233 - Points 55
Prefers shale, but yet to find consistancy that would maintain him a true red grade. Won't set the race on fire, but will progress as other fall by the wayside. Top ten would be a good result for Grasser, who doesn't force his race, letting it unfold before him.

Reserves in order :-
531 Lee, 41 Drumstick, 11 Chevy, 123 Dubstar, 188 Aub, 380 Daveyboy, 488 Fat Dave, 221 Spike, 515 Big Al, 248 Tinman

So there you have it, a grid with the potential of many talents, but whose will shine through???.
I hope to see all the drivers book in for this race, and forfill this grid as much as possible, but obviously drivers will move up a grid slot if any drivers are absent, and reserves will fill out the back rows.
GET YOURSELF BOOKED IN BY 6PM on THURSDAY 30th OCTOBER 2008, NO LATE BOOKINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE GN GRID, drivers who require a late booking will be seeded into a different heat.
I will post up the grid in the MI as it will be run as a heat.

COME ON WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR - GET BOOKED IN NOW!!!!

Top preview once again Mav - great work.

Fingers crossed, Kev will whisper to me to go so I can set off early - and then maybe, just maybe I wil stand a chance :rofl:

Anyway, get yourselves booked in for the pernultimate meetinfg of the rfactor season.

Cheers

Johno

..... and drive like his hero, FWJ.

What's that then? Nudging SSJ slightly wide and then get piled into a pile of cars next bend? :rofl:

Work has calmed down now (hooray) so I might be able to make this one and the remaining meetings of the season if I can! Been wanting to race Sheffield in a meeting ever since we first tested it a couple of years ago when we were testing the mod, so, I should be able to take up my place at the back of the grid!

Great preview mav.

Awsome preview.

Hopefully my net dont crash before the big race :scared15:

Superb preview Mav, I won't be able to do any practise until an hour or so before the meeting, busy with all sorts of things recently, but Sheffield doesn't really need much practise, or a fast set up. It needs patience, and cautious driving with lots of luck on your side. Especially from where I'm starting!

You got it spot on though, I will be going for it from the time the green flag is dropped, other than that who knows what will happen, Sheffield will be very unpredictable, but I will go for Marten #291 to win, Hutch 2nd and Dazza 3rd.

I love this championship it always seems to throw up a few drivers who wouldn't normally be near the froint of a championship grid, a fighting chance.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Booked Drivers in Bold, Non Attendees in red as at now :

Row 1 - 3...291

Row 2 - 300...290

Row 3 - 331....18

Row 4 - 202...259

Row 5 - 288...136

Row 6 - 39...112

Row 7 - 315...286

Row 8 - 74...413

Row 9 - 318...500

Row 10 - 236...137

Row 11 - 298...525

Row 12 - 8...233

RESERVES : 531, 41, 11, 123, 188, 380, 488, 221, 515, 248

Grid based on bookings on UK Dirt site as of now:

Row 1 - 300...290

Row 2 - 288...136

Row 3 - 39...112

Row 4 - 315...286

Row 5 - 74...413

Row 6 - 500...137

Row 7 - 525... 8

Row 8 - 233...531

Row 9 - 41...11

Row 10 - 188..221

REMEMBER NO LATE BOOKINGS ACCEPTED ONTO THE GN GRID, SO IF YOU HAVENT BOOKED ON THE UK DIRT SITE BY 6PM THURSDAY EVENING, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR PLACE.

You may still race the remainder of the meeting, if you late book.

Edited by Mav

seem to have a problem?

My mum only lets me stay up late for big meets .......

:rofl:

Hi mav just to let you know I might not be able to race as I have been having computer problems lately,will let you know let you know later :thumbs_up:

Just under two and a half hours to go till bookings close and we see that the front row are still yet to book in!!!

So those drivers NOT on the grid as yet are :

JOHNO #3

MARTEN #291

VEGAS #202

JIMMY #259

WALKER #74

DB #318

DANSKIN #236

GREENGENIE #298

RESERVES:

DUBSTAR #123

DAVEYBOY #380

BIG AL #515

TINMAN #248

BOOK IN OR MISS OUT!!!!!

The 9PM GNC meeting at present will be all in races (20 booked so far) with the GN Championship being the 2nd heat. A Final and GN will follow. Then at 9:30pm you can go to the pub :rofl:

Booked in on the uk dirt site so I will be taking my place on the grid :thumbs_up:

45 Minutes to go....

Booked Drivers in Bold, Non Attendees in red as at now :

Row 1 - 3...291

Row 2 - 300...290

Row 3 - 331....18

Row 4 - 202...259

Row 5 - 288...136

Row 6 - 39...112

Row 7 - 315...286

Row 8 - 74...413

Row 9 - 318...500

Row 10 - 236...137

Row 11 - 298...525

Row 12 - 8...233

RESERVES : 531, 41, 11, 123, 188, 380, 488, 221, 515, 248

Grid based on bookings on UK Dirt site as of now:

Row 1 - 300...290

Row 2 - 288...136

Row 3 - 39...112

Row 4 - 315...286

Row 5 - 74...413

Row 6 - 500...137

Row 7 - 525... 8

Row 8 - 233...531

Row 9 - 41...11

Row 10 - 188..221

REMEMBER NO LATE BOOKINGS ACCEPTED ONTO THE GN GRID, SO IF YOU HAVENT BOOKED ON THE UK DIRT SITE BY 6PM THURSDAY EVENING, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR PLACE.

You may still race the remainder of the meeting, if you late book.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..