Sheffield - 30-10-08 - GNC

Mav

Who would have doubted the winner, booked in with 10 minutes to spare and wins with 10 minutes to spare!!!! :rofl:

CONGRATULATIONS - HUTCH #331 - GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPION 2008

Meeting seemed to go well, not a bad track to race at, especially when drivers get used to it and leave the posts and tyres alone!!!!

I just can't believe my luck in races, doing well, holding off drivers, then with a few laps to go it all goes wrong, not due to me either!!! and then out of the points :banghead2: - Now I know what it feels like for real life hard triers!!! I sympathise :thumbs_up:

Well Done to Kruiz #136 who top scored by winning the A Final and taking 10th place of me in the Allcomers race, but did drive well in every race.

RESULTS

HEAT 1 : 8, 315, 413, 136, 39, 41, 331, 300, 288, 137 // 112, 525, 290, 221, 500, 11, 531, 188, 286, 233

GNC : 331, 136, 413, 137, 290, 288, 41, 188, 286, 233 // 300, 315, 525, 8, 531, 39, 221, 11, 112, 500

FINAL : 136, 331, 39, 413, 300, 8, 41, 290, 525, 288 // 11, 531, 221, 315, 286, 500, 233, 188, 112, 137

Allcomers : 8, 331, 315, 137, 11, 39, 286, 41, 288, 136* // 525, 290, 300, 413, 233, 500, 221, 531, 112

44 136 Kruiz

44 331 Hutch

32 8 "Cheating" Tosh

31 413 Matthew

28 39 LeeK

22 41 Drumbstick

17 137 MOR

16 315 Sybe

15 290 Dazza

15 300 Matty

14 288 Ironmac

8 286 Mr.Beef

7 11 Chevy

6 525 Maverick

4 188 Aub

2 233 Grasser

0 221 Spike

0 500 Allstar

0 112 TomD

0 531 Lee

Cya all next time at "Family rFactor Fortunes" :042:

Edited by Mav

Well done Hutch for taking Grand National title and Kruiz for top score.

Well done Tosh for taking other 2 races.

I love Sheffield, I think its a great track and produces some cracking racing but I had a bit of a mare.

First heat was ended by an out of control Leek after 1/2 a lap and a flat tyre.

Finished 9th in the big race.

Final was ended after a great battle with a few drivers but notably Tosh then Tosh tangled with Leek who I hit and ended up hitting a fence post causing suspension damage, race over :(

Allcomers was a bit better with a hard fought 7th.

Will be back see ya in 2 weeks

Well done to Hutch for taking yet another championship and Kruiz for taking the final win with an excellent last bender.

As is usual for me, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting, even with a pretty mixed bag of results. I thought the track was a unique experience and offered up some the fastest and most frantic racing we get on the mod. Had a pretty bad first heat (not as bad as Aub though; sorry again! lol) so wasn't really expecting much for the big race. However, I got quite a good start and had a great race long battle for 3rd with Matthew and Dazza. Was really tough dodging all the cars in that one - with one particularly frantic lap which really made us lose touch with the top two. The final was my most disastrous race, bending a wheel on a post very early on meaning I had to sit out for the majority of it. The GN i got a few lucky breaks and came home with a nice 4th.

Overall a great night!

Cya all next week at Northampton (how nice of work to die down so close to the end of the season! :banghead2: ). Keep an eye out on the forum over the next week as I'm looking to do a full rFc v1.0 release of Kings Lynn soon so I'd like to try and get a few together in afters after next weeks meeting to check its not crashing or behaving badly etc. After that (and the construction of my portfolio website, yawn) i'll be starting my winter project of Coventry, so don't be alarmed if you see me running around cov on Saturday taking pictures of bins, walls and the ground. :rofl:

Superb track, best one so far in my opinion, a real stock car drivers track.

Every race was enjoyable except the GN really, I hate the lap handicap, its so boring!

I had a good race with Matthew in heat 1 then an absolutely fantastic race with Hutch in the GNC, a fully deserved victory, after I was on his bumper for literally all of the race. I tapped and tapped away for the last 4 or 5 laps but I couldn't get through so decided a run up was needed but messed it up, mis judged it and missed by miles putting myself in a post. Still scrambled accross the line for 2nd though.

Final just as good as the GNC, virtually race long a was on Hutch's bumper once again but this time pulled off the last bender and with a drag race to the line in true stock car fashion I just got my front end over first to pick up my 2nd final win of the season and my first from superstar, so I'm really happy about that.

First of all letme apologise for not being around last night. I have not been well at all and stuck in bed for the last few days. I was gutted to give up on pole position believe me.

Congratualtions to Hucth on taking the Grand National title. With a solid performance in the meeting too, I think that Hutch has won the National points, as he has a 70 point lead with 65 being the maximum a driver can score. I will get Kev to confirm this, but if it is true well doen to Hutch on taking the title, and to Dazza for pushig him so hard. I bet next year will be even closer!

Well done to Kruiz on taking the meeting final. I know yo really wanted that win. Who knos, with more time next year, wecould be looking at a 3 way points chase?

Anyway, thanks to everyone that took part in the meeting, Mav for running it, and Kev of taking care of the servers.

Cheers

Johno

Well done on both titles Hutch :appl:

I had one of those nights last night where I got caught up in just about every accident going, and spent all night then chasing the pack. I think I must have collected Chevy 4e seperat times in the final as he was having accident until he got his own back and the lst time I ended up in the tyres.

Must apologise to Mav for the All commers, looked like you were having a good battle with some of the reds when I caught you, they had a bit of a tangle I dived up the inside got collected by one of them and then bounced into you sending you in to a spin.

Cracking track with some great racing, hopefully next time I might see some more cars :blink:

Congratulations to Hutch on winning the National Points Championship, you have easily been the best, most consistent driver of 2008, well done. :appl:

Well done to Kruiz on taking the meeting final. I know yo really wanted that win. Who knos, with more time next year, wecould be looking at a 3 way points chase?

I'd love to think so, but with an F2 to maintain in 2009 that will come first, at least until I break it beyond repair :rofl: , and quickly losing interest in tarmac racing at most tracks we'll have to see. I might well be shale only next year.

However, it would be fantastic if it could be opened up to some other drivers too, Hutch will be the man to beat but Dazza is so close to matching him, Drumbstick also has the talent to challenge with more appearances. MoR could also be up there if he can get more time off work! Sybe improves all the time, Marten is quickly becoming an equal match for Hutch on his day too. Grasser continues to impress me and Tosh despite being a grade player :scared15:;) is a match for anyone and as fair as they come.

They are drivers I wouldn't be surprised to see fighting for Superstar status and the major championships of 2009 next year, but anything really is possible, I started the season as a reasonably newly upgraded blue grader after spending the Autumn series just 1 year ago now at White and yellow, but was a Superstar after about 2 months this season. Next year could hold some very open racing if people spend some time practising in the winter, it really does pay off take my word for it.

Cheers

Kruiz

How long roughly is the winter gap? Cos i know as soon as the season ends il be gagging to get going again

We normally start in the middle of March.

At the moment we are discussing dates for next season, not only for rfactor, but for Heat also.

Should we start in the middle of march, then as a team, or if anyone else would like to organise something, we will try to come up with a mini winter series, similar to last years SNT to try and wet the appetite a little bit.

Dont forget, the server will also be open on a Thursday night also :thumbs_up:

Cheers

Johno

Congratulations to all race winners and point leaders on the night.

Well done also to Hutch for taking silver, to be honest I was never anywhere near taking it, my last chance was winning the world final and i messed that up to so you know what they say.... The best man won!

Im looking forward to the winter break to be honest as Im really out of form and not really enjoying the racing as in my opinion there wasnt anything left to race for after the World Final, maybe abit selfish but the motivation to turn up and race every week had dwindled since then! Anyway, who knows what will happen next year, cant see my self being a superstar or being involved in a points chase of any sort as there are far too many better drivers out there.

Well done to all this year, especially admin who have done a great job.

Cheers

Dazza

We normally start in the middle of March.

At the moment we are discussing dates for next season, not only for rfactor, but for Heat also.

Should we start in the middle of march, then as a team, or if anyone else would like to organise something, we will try to come up with a mini winter series, similar to last years SNT to try and wet the appetite a little bit.

Dont forget, the server will also be open on a Thursday night also thumbs_up.gif

Cheers

Johno

Cheers Johno, A mini series sounds great as i cant wait that long for it to start again! It's a HUGE gap

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..