Zone Alarm problem

pluko

Hi

After getting viruses on my computer (now cleaned?) I installed ZoneAlarm as a Fire wall.

went to race F2s on monday and I couldn't get passed the Jolt Server connection page.

I had enabled the 'game mode' and granted Access to the Trusted Zone and Internet for NHeat.exe and Heat.bin - but no joy.

In the end I switched off ZoneAlarm to race the rest of the meeting without a problem.

I don't want to switch off ZoneAlarm everytime I want to race - should I be granting access to anything else (to the Server option??)

I've read an old thread (from 2005) on a similar problem but has anybody got any new ideas??

many thanks, Pluko :thumbs_up:

Hi

After getting viruses on my computer (now cleaned?) I installed ZoneAlarm as a Fire wall.

went to race F2s on monday and I couldn't get passed the Jolt Server connection page.

I had enabled the 'game mode' and granted Access to the Trusted Zone and Internet for NHeat.exe and Heat.bin - but no joy.

In the end I switched off ZoneAlarm to race the rest of the meeting without a problem.

I don't want to switch off ZoneAlarm everytime I want to race - should I be granting access to anything else (to the Server option??)

I've read an old thread (from 2005) on a similar problem but has anybody got any new ideas??

many thanks, Pluko :thumbs_up:

Hello mate,

When i started racing ukdirt in 2001/2002 i also used to have Zonealarm, but after all these years i've never found a solution apart from closing it when you wan't to race, so when we got a new pc we decided to get a different Firewall and that's been working without problems so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..