rfactor problem :(

timmay76

ive downloaded rfactor trial version to see if my computer can play it and this message comes up when i try to play it, i dont know much about my comp nut all i know is its got a windows xp proffesional sp3, 512 ram matrox millenium g400 (grapics card i think). ive downloaded the direct x link it gave me and it still wouldnt play, i have also tried the other links and had no luck :(

post-7161-1230208705_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmay76

hi lad,you are on a very old pc i take it as you only running a 16mb graphic card in your system

this is what look need to even think of playing rfactor,imo u just be best buying a new/secondhand tower or something

# System Requirements 1.4 GHz processor

# Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)

# 512 MB RAM

# Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200

# 128 MB video RAM :(<<<<<<< you have 16mb >>>>>>>>:(

# DirectX 9.0c

# 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

# Internet connection required for one-time activation

hi lad,you are on a very old pc i take it as you only running a 16mb graphic card in your system

this is what look need to even think of playing rfactor,imo u just be best buying a new/secondhand tower or something

# Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)

# 512 MB RAM

# 128 MB video RAM :(<<<<<<< you have 16mb >>>>>>>>:(

# DirectX 9.0c

since when have i said that it was windows 98, if you read what i posted (at the top) i dont know much about my pcs spec but all i know is it plays banger heat clearly. dont know if this even helps but im useless with pcs

post-7161-1230250397_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmay76

this is ripped off there website btw,im trying to help but shot me if you wish i dont care

# 512 MB RAM

# 128 MB video RAM sad.gif<<<<<<< you have 16mb >>>>>>>>:(

# DirectX 9.0c

# Runs Best With Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor

# Windows XP

# 2048 MB RAM

# Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT

# 256 MB video RAM

# DirectX 9.0c

you can build a brand new pc to play rfactor from anything from 300 quid up more you spend the better one you can have

think we were all on the razzle yesterday lol

lol i drank 3 glasses of cheap bucks fizz and 4 cans of cider, im taking it to a pc shop after christmas to get a value on how much it needs

Edited by timmay76

why take it to a shop?

just get yaself 400 quid or less depending if u build it yourself and you can have a computer that will play rfactor at high detail. my computer spec now costs around 400 quid. does over 200fps on rfactor (averaging 160+) so why waste time? also do some research etc, when i first went to a shop about mine they gave me a spec half as good as what i have but it was for 600 quid. people like that are a waste when you have www.scan.co.uk and microdirect.com who you can get the parts from and they assemble it/install what you need for an extra 40 quid or less?

why take it to a shop?

just get yaself 400 quid or less depending if u build it yourself and you can have a computer that will play rfactor at high detail. my computer spec now costs around 400 quid. does over 200fps on rfactor (averaging 160+) so why waste time? also do some research etc, when i first went to a shop about mine they gave me a spec half as good as what i have but it was for 600 quid. people like that are a waste when you have www.scan.co.uk and microdirect.com who you can get the parts from and they assemble it/install what you need for an extra 40 quid or less?

brighton, i better start saving because i havnt got 400 quid and never will :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..