Cowdenbeath Results

Johno3

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the very brief write up but I really have a stack of work left to do.

Congratulations to Lee for winning the final, and to Tosh for being the top points scorer.

I will be back at the weekend with my thoughts, but it would be nice to get some thoghts from new drivers, and also what you thought of the new grade positions (the ones I implemented for the final and grand national)

Results:

Heat 1: 112 321 8 136 106 64 488 137 216 46

Heat 2: 216 3 8 363 288 531 112 151 527 500

Heat 3: 151 363 64 8 137 216 315 321 16 46

Heat 4: 321 531 3 151 488 112 137 363 288 315

A-Final: 531 8 488 3 321 137 527 363 112 288

GN 1: 151 112 321 363 315 8 137 3 531 46

43 pts 8 tosh874

41 pts 531 Lee

39 pts 321 Grant

33 pts 3 Johno

29 pts 112 Tom D

29 pts 363 razza

26 pts 151 dode

24 pts 488 dave

24 pts 137 MoR

12 pts 216 Speedtech

11 pts 527 fast track

10 pts 315 Sybe

9 pts 288 Ironmac

9 pts 64 Kcooter

5 pts 136 Kruiz

4 pts 106 Albz

4 pts 46 Nezza

1 pts 500 Allstar

1 pts 16 JK

0 pts 221 Spike

Cheers for racing - more information on the finale to come nearer to the time.

Cheers

Johno

cheers for the meeting Johno, first meeting out in these for me. certainly takes a lot of getting used to after coming from a pad on heat using swingman view to using a wheel on bonnet view in these.

The meeting pretty much went how i expected for me, as i was fairly off the pace. did a few 13.8's by the end of the night but couldnt do them consistantly, but was happy that i didnt spin out (apart from when i was helped lol)

was a real bonus to finish 10th in 3 of my races, as i wasn't really expecting any top 10 finishes at all.

I thought generally I had the car under control, but the contact did take me by surprise a few times as I am not used to it yet, resulting in me being sideways on the track in my second heat and causing a bit of a pile up, so apologies to anyone if that ruined your race.

The racing itself was a lot more aggressive than i thought for a mod that people have said is a mare for contact, but maybe it felt that way to me as i got hit a lot because i was going to slow lol. (that wasn't a moan btw lol - just an observation from a newbie)

all in all I enjoyed the evening, but definately require a lot more practise to go the speed of some of you guys. I seem to recall heat being like that when i first started and remember before i joined the league d/l a wf and watching mike and corny battering each other at coventry. Me and Kendo were in awe at how quick they were going, as we were about a second off their lap times and inconsistant lol.

Still, at least i was going better than spike ;) he he

thanks again Johno and wd all race winners.

Well, what a great meeting!

I wasn't really keen on the track before the meeting, it didn't really suit my driving style and didn't seem particularly fluent. I wasn't feeling particularly confident either after my traffic disaster at the NEC two weeks ago, but I decided to come along just to get some practice with FFB in traffic. However, it was much more than getting used to the wheel tonight! Me, Tosh and TomD all had the Wainman vs Smith banter going on tonight, so after three fairly standard heats, the final turned out to be one of the closest and most exciting races I've ever done in rFactor F1s. The track was extremely hard to pass on, but with respect, the racing it could produce was second to none. The final started with me, tosh and tom all close as we tried to battle through the pack. As the laps passed, it all got a bit rougher, then we'd separate a bit, then one of the many track blockages would slow us down and close us right back up for some more action. Eventually, Tosh remembered he was wearing the gold roof and took of into the distance whilst me and Tom battled it out. We were together for 18 laps of the 21 lap race until he endured a crash spookily close to 390's famous NIR Euro 08 crash. I've never had a race so close, but so fair and for such a long duration, it was excellent! And to top it off I had to land a last bender on Grant (which didn't quite pay off) which added to the excitement. Really really good stuff.

It was good to see a few new guys out getting some good positions and wins, as well as Nezza who looked very much in control and no doubt will be the 09 seasons first 'annoyingly undergraded white top' if he carries on like this. Tosh drove very fast all night, so early indications suggest he could be a possible points challenger in 09, or that he will at least have a better year than last years grade jumping up and down.

Well done to Lee on the final win and Tosh for top scoring. Thanks for the meeting Johno.

See you all in two weeks!

Great racing lads well done all.

Well done on top points scoring tosh.

Replay is attached for Tosh (and those who wish to watch the race) lots of action throughout the field and a lot of avoiding pileups on the straights etc for the top 4 lol.

anyone for a practice night on thursday next week???

Cowdie_A_Final.zip

Edited by Lee

I really enjoyed the racing last night

Thanks to johno for the meeting i liked the idea of staying in the server and being able to spectate the races that your not in good idea

Well done to tosh for top scoring flying all night and well done to all winners

Final was a good race with all the cars and reminded of a r/l final even though i got up to third then lost it and finished out of the points i had some good battles.

Thought Nezza drove a good meeting to say it was his first go on rfactor.

The track is well suited to f1s even though its a little narrow it provides close racing.

cya next time

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..