I have found the proof!!!!

Mav

After going to visit Granville Holmes in Bacup yesterday, who incidentally knows everything about F1 driver registrations and has more or less a picture of every driver, he produced this photo which is proof that Spike did actually grid in an F1 race. Not sure whether he got off the line or actually finished the race though ;)

I believe you now Spike :rofl:

post-37-1232878981_thumb.jpg

lol Spike on the rampage and he even scored a point :appl:

lol Mav bet you had a good time at Granvilles he really is the know it all of f1 and is a top guy. He used to travel around a bit with my family in the 70s and

was a big bradsell fan with all his badges on his hat haha. He was Helping Bradsell one day changeing wheels for the next race but Bradsell never made it out on track because Granville had mixed all the wheel nuts up and some where left and some were right hand threads on lol

lol Mav bet you had a good time at Granvilles he really is the know it all of f1 and is a top guy. He used to travel around a bit with my family in the 70s and

was a big bradsell fan with all his badges on his hat haha. He was Helping Bradsell one day changeing wheels for the next race but Bradsell never made it out on track because Granville had mixed all the wheel nuts up and some where left and some were right hand threads on lol

This is a blast from the past. I knew Granville almost 30 years ago with his jacket and hat covered with loads of badges and also being Rob Bradsell's biggest fan. I used to race slotstox at bacup with him but probably only for one season. The thing is he used to look like a 50 year old then, so how old is he now? He was F1's version of Statto.

As for spike, I do remember someone called Cotterell racing F1's in the early 80's but cant remember the first name. Could have been Graham.

Sure if Carp was to see this post he could add more.

that was my 21st birthday present from tim warwick was a very wet meeting got 10th in gn

was out in a f1 practise last november as well in a better car and a lot faster ;)

had another f2 in early 2000s

Edited by Spike

He is a top bloke and we got on really well. He told me several stories of Rob Bradsell (but not the wheel nuts one!!), and by the sounds of it he really has had alot of good times thanks to Stock Cars.

I hope to go back up to Bacup for another visit early february, for more information for my F1 site (which will probably become "Our" site with all the info he has for me!!).

This is a blast from the past. I knew Granville almost 30 years ago with his jacket and hat covered with loads of badges and also being Rob Bradsell's biggest fan. I used to race slotstox at bacup with him but probably only for one season. The thing is he used to look like a 50 year old then, so how old is he now? He was F1's version of Statto.

As for spike, I do remember someone called Cotterell racing F1's in the early 80's but cant remember the first name. Could have been Graham.

Sure if Carp was to see this post he could add more.

Surprisingly Cider, your brother and you did crop up in one of our conversations and he did say that he knew Stephen (Carp) well due to Slot Stox racing. He couldn't believe that Carp was 50 this last year as Granville is 65 this march, and that you do go back some 30 years!!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..