About Time I Got A Pad

Sam

So I have been using keys ever since I started in UK Dirt, but I feel its time to get a Pad so I can keep up with everyone. A few questions if I may.

1. What should I get? I haven't a clue what is good or what is bad, or even what they look like.

2. Where do I get them from?

3. How much do they cost?

4. Will I need to change my current car settings or will they be the same as they are currently for keys?

5. Will a pad be compatible with my Lap-top? (Dell Inspiron 1501)

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

Hi Sam,

IMO pads are 100 times bettter

1= ive got a Trust GM-1500 dual stick game pad which i find quite good for racing but mosy pads work well.

2= you could get them from must computer shops like pc world ect or even ebay... i got mine from you cant beat bennts for £8 bargin if u ask me.

3= well the price may be different it all depends to what you get but i wouls say anything from £5 to £20 odd i would of though

4= yes you will have to setup your pads by when your in the game going to options then control and click which one you want to change and then click the button u want it to be on the pad.

5= im on vista and my pad works find so im sure a oad would work fine on your laptop m8.

i hope this helps you out if u get any problems just drop me a PM and ill be happy to help ive also added a picture of my pad so you know what one looks like

Cheers

Craig

post-2336-1233648616.jpg

no.4 I think he meant garage settings when he says 'car' settings, I don't really know never tried a pad but then i've never been any good anyway, I would of thought it will feel different, I had a few laps of Grouch's pad when i was trying to fix his game and that felt very different.

Edited by Kruiz 136

lol......joypad.... havent used that since i got a wheel... same as walker, i used a ps2 with adapter, you get the analogue steering and throttle... god knows how you guys use keys, i thought they were for typing...lmao.. ;)

Without wanting to get in2 a different sort of thread, the beauty of HEAT is that it's really catered for all types of playerbility and levels so that it doesn't really matter if you are on keys, a pad or wheel - i don't think lap times really change that much.

Obviously, if your looking to go into rfactor then perhaps spend your cash on a wheel or at the very least a pad with analogue sticks to control the power.

As your an F2 man Sam, then as far as i'm aware some drivers have used:

Leek is on keys for HEAT and has a wheel for rf

Corny used to be on a joystick contoller, he certainly was in 2005 when he cleared up.

Fozz was on a pad i think when he won a bucket load of titles in 2006.

Ive got a saitek Rumble p3200

was a great pad but recently its started giving up during racing but ive also heard they USB ports on Advent laptops give up so not too sure which one is the problem lol

my saitek pad cost me 14.00 and is a great pad i think :thumbup:

Cheers,

Jason

Just come back from PC World, got a Saitek P380 for £9.97.

should have got it from maplin mate ( or got it online if there isn't a store near you!) i got the same one for 4.98

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..