new skins

jamesy

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try it with a soft light layer setting (maybe 2 soft light layers) instead of overlay. It shouldn't pick up as much grey then but still give definition

i just been checking around with that tip very cool tip cheers even tho it wasnt aimed to me ;)

Assuming you're using an overlay layer, open up a previous skin with the signs merged onto the overlay, select the area you want and copy it (see pic).

doorplates1.th.jpg

Now open up the skin with the door plates and paste. Place the pasted bit over the door plate and then select the door plate (as shown in the next pic).

doorplates2.th.jpg

Now make sure you've selected the layer that has the pasted section, right click and choose 'select inverse' then press delete and you should end up with something like this;

doorplates3.th.jpg

You can then merge the pasted bit onto your overlay layer and end up with something like this :thumbup:

doorplates4.th.jpg

Im new to the site, i've spent an hour or so, but dint really get far painting my own skin, I know its more try and error learn, I be honest Im not the best on computers, I've not got any of my own skins, it seems people really enjoy making these, so if anyone whishes to make me one that be great, I need one for each Unlimiteds and Nationals | 2 Litre RWD | 2 Litre FWD | Pre 70 Overs | Pre 70 Unders | Vans | Special Events, even if I can just get one that be good, I would like a granny estate, I know roughly what I would like in colours and txt, but anythink would be appricated. regards south.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..