Bradford Tarmac 2nd April 2009

Kruiz 136

post-862-1238538629.jpg

This Thursdays meeting sees the BriSCA F1s head to Bradford's Odsal Stadium for another night full of fast and furious racing.

There is no World Championship Qualifier, or National Series round at this meeting, that isn't to say there is nothing worth racing for, points will go towards the grading points table, plus Tarmac masters points to play for and Grand National points.

This is a great oppotunity for less experienced drivers to get involved and get some laps in a real race situation, while the racing is a little less heated than normal. The track is easy to drive, and has plenty of room on the corners to let faster drivers by if your not quite up to speed yet, making this track an ideal training ground, it was certainly one of the first tracks I got to grips with.

The meeting will see a slightly different format than usual, to keep things interesting. This format runs as follows:

Drivers who book in will be split into 3 groups according to their average for the season. Group 1 will be a third of the drivers with the highest average, Group 2 will be a third of the drivers who's average is in the middle, and Group 3 will be a third of the drivers with the lowest average.

Each driver will race in 2 heats. Heat 1: Group 3 and Group 2, Heat 2: Group 3 and Group 1, Heat 3: Group 2 and Group 1

The top 24 points scorers will qualify for the final, which will be gridded as a normal final, run over 20 laps. The remaining drivers will be put in a B-Final. There will be no consolations at these meetings.

Each driver will then race a Grand National race

Bookings are being taken on the ukdirt website for this meeting which has an 8pm start time. I hope to see you there.

I think Bradford is the final meeting of the first grading period, although I'm not 100% sure.

Yes this Thursday's meeting is the last in the first grading period.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..