Computer Speakers

Kruiz 136

Hi all, after now blowing both my speakers up that came with PC, I'm basically looking for some speakers for my PC that have good quality, and most importantly blow the roof off my house when the volumes turned up a little ;) I live in a detached house, so Ideally need it loud enough to annoy the neighbours after the F2 has run out of petrol ;):rolleyes:

I understand that higher frequencies means they will go louder? Although I don't know how high the frequencies go to, and most of the desktop PC speakers that you see look really small, so what sort of specs am I looking at to be able to play my music very loud?

Sorry to sound a bit vague on this but I don't really have a clue in this field.

Thanks.

They are very good speakers liam, when coupled with a decent sound card aswell, was going to buy them but funds are now short due to something else.

When i have enough money i would like to buy these, http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers...24&cl=ca,en But at the moment i find myself using my headset a lot more (more focused that way) so may end up with a new one of them.

Edited by Lee

Ta guys think I've got a rough idea of what sort of quality the watts rating needs to be now.

I was looking at the Gigaworks S750, but after seeing almost a quarter of the comments about them on amazon were 'Excellent quality, very loud, until the subwoofer blew up two months after purchase, due to overheating' one even catching fire, I decided I can spend £300+ on better things than them. Having looked on ebay for them, an astounding amount come without the subwoofer.. I wonder why.

I can't afford a fancy set-up like those above just now anyway, so I'll see whats avaliable in 2 speakers + combination I think with the highest watt racing I think for now.

I've got a decent sound card, but I think my headphones blew that up as the SRS Surround feature on the headphones stopped working about 2 months after I bought them, but it still works for my mp4 player, so I'm pretty sure its using the intergrated sound on the motherboard now.

Don't you love it when things just.. work.

their cheaper than them gigaworks s750 one's kruiz, just the logitech site i linked you using had different currency.

Here they are on amazon, 250 quid. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0006HB...coffeeuk3182-21

also i did a bit of looking around on avforums etc and a few people are selling them for like 120 quid.

Edited by Lee

Ah cool, i'll look into that too then.

I've got two old spare speakers that came with my very first PC all those years ago walker, they work, but I'm looking to remove roof tiles and maybe the front door lol

hi,

i have a box of old(ish) surround sound speakers and a large amount of wire and have been wanting to connect them to the pc for ages. the back of the speakers have clip in sockets where you just put the bare wire in and it closes and holds it in place.

i dont have a clue about electronics and stuff otherwise i would of managed my self so any help is greatly appreciated.

stig.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..