Bradford (Tarmac) - Results

Kevin

Race Results:

HEAT 1: 363, 151, 527, 16, 137, 500, 136, 531, 112, 3, 216, 315, 561 (dnf 288)

HEAT 2: 16, 136, 531, 137, 216, 112, 365, 11, 561, 221, 126, 599, 52 (dnf 300)

HEAT 3: 365, 151, 3, 363, 288, 300, 599, 11, 500, 527, 126, 315, 221, 52

GRAND FINAL: 136, 112, 531, 527, 216, 315, 137, 363, 561, 151, 11, 599, 3, 16, 300, 288, 52, 221, 126 (dnf 500, 365)

GN: 216, 527, 531, 112, 3, 137, 16, 136, 500, 151, 599, 288, 561, 363, 300, 315, 221, 126, 152 (dnf 11)

Points Scored:

Number .. Points

136 .. 42

531 .. 34

527 .. 33

112 .. 32

216 .. 30

137 .. 25

363 .. 21

151 .. 20

16 .. 18

3 .. 14

315 .. 12

365 .. 10

500 .. 7

561 .. 7

288 .. 4

300 .. 3

11 .. 2

599 .. 2

221 .. 1

Zeros: 52, 126

I must have been at a different meet to everyone else.... Lap down take outs, and just pulling straight out infront of people :thumbs_down: ... And my driving standards have been in question... :scared15:

Thought it was a corker myself, had some great races over the night, and 3 of them finished with last benders, so its all good! Even got to witness Trav's 'do or die' last bender on Dode and Walker in Heat 3 which was great to watch whilst spectator! Really enjoyed the track, wasn't quite on pace so was having to really rag it round but that only added to the experience for me! Well done Kruiz on the final and top scoring.

Thanks for the meeting Kev!

Thought tonight was a follow on from last week, the driving standards were once again just plain crap. Dont like to Single anyone out as i said to Johno last week, but as an example of what im talking about... Now usually in F1 i find Murf to be hard but fair so dont take it the wrong way mate, just making an eg

In the i was Battling with Murf for a few bends which was all well and good until Murf took an inside line on me, however i just took a wide line into the bend meaning there was roughly a two foot gap between my rear and Murfs front bumper, and whilst he braked he then let off turned to the right and took me out over the back wheel. Now i dont know if its just me, but I thought it was pretty obvious it was just going to spin me out there and then, I just dont see the point in doing it at all. Oh wait yes i do, it just spins me instantly and gets me out of the way so you can carry on happily as if nothing happens?

post-1012-1238704969.jpg

After the hit, i end up going backwards into the wall facing the wrong way...

post-1012-1238704979.jpg

This was'nt the only thime this happened tonight, i havent got the replay due to thesame saving 500 copies of warmup which overwrites the old replays :1106: but Chevy in one heat just came flying up the inside similar to the hit above, but instead of breaking like Murf did it was clearly obviouse the brakes wern't used one bit.

Someone tell me, is this reasonable (bearing in mind this is all mid race) or do i just expect people to use the breaks push you wide go round the inside and go past rather than delibertatly take you out for some strange reason. Oh wait, When Kruiz, Johno, MoR ect ect go past this never happens? So obviously it cannot be that it cant be done the proper way, just that the people who do it want to take you out on purpose. This is the CRAP that spoils online racing, i did mentin to Johno last week who said he would reply over the weekend but hasn't so I'm not sure what exactly he thinks about it. But either way unless there is someone actually looking at this kind of thing then i see no point trying to race fairly and will be doing as they say "If you can't beat them join them"

During the final after being taken out a few times i found myself either 1 or 2 laps down and in amongst a big battle for the top ten. Going into turn 3 and 4 i was on the inside with MoR infront of me and walker behind, I was punted by Walker which put me into MoR and he spun. Now there was nothing i could do about it and i'm not sure if Walker meant it either? But none the less straight after the race i did apologise to MoR (not sure if he saw as there was alot going on) But also i have sent him a PM... Common courtesy after an accident doesent take much and certainly doesent hurt!

Final note which is positive, i thought tonight was very well run so would like to thank Kev and the rest of the guys who contributed to that, top job.

Edited by The London Allstar

Its a tough one mate, its easily done especially when your pushing hard, but I try my best not do spin the car in front because I can only expect the same back, and I like to keep my nose clean.

I personally think that getting inside the car in front and hitting them in a way in which will definately cuase a spin is really quite dirty, I woudn't even try it purposefully for a last bender.

All I can really say is that if you have any complaints please send a pm to a member of the admin team so we can review the accident. We are taking these things very seriously and had 3 or 4 complaints from Ipswich which we have reviewed and applied disciplinary points where neccasary. You might think that only causing someone to hit the fence is against the rules, it isn't, this is a common misconception but DELIBERATE TAKE OUTS are too, and if you are deemed guilty of one, you will be punished accordingly.

Onto the meeting itself, I had a blinder, my first official UKDirt F1 tarmac win ever, and it came with a top scorer in a meeting I thoroughly enjoyed, been a while since I've been able to say that :). I had a good race with someone or another in every race, recieved no over the top hits and as such didn't need to dish out any, all very enjoyable.

Race of the day was heat 3, and I wasn't even in it!! I watched Dode and Walker battle it out all race long, think who will it? Dode, no Walker, no Dode has got it now, oh no Walker has, but then going into the last corner, who's that? Only Trav who puts them both in on the last corner, with a hard but fair hit and takes his first? rFactor F1 win, well done. Johno was also in amongst it making it a 4 car dash for the line, best race of the season so far I would think, well done guys, and everyone kept it fair.

Thanks Kev for running the meeting, appreciated as always.

Kruiz

Its a tough one mate, its easily done especially when your pushing hard, but I try my best not do spin the car in front because I can only expect the same back, and I like to keep my nose clean.

I personally think that getting inside the car in front and hitting them in a way in which will definately cuase a spin is really quite dirty, I woudn't even try it purposefully for a last bender.

All I can really say is that if you have any complaints please send a pm to a member of the admin team so we can review the accident. We are taking these things very seriously and had 3 or 4 complaints from Ipswich which we have reviewed and applied disciplinary points where neccasary. You might think that only causing someone to hit the fence is against the rules, it isn't, this is a common misconception but DELIBERATE TAKE OUTS are too, and if you are deemed guilty of one, you will be punished accordingly.

Cheers for that Kruiz, thats more or less what i wanted to hear from soneone who has common sense and can race fairly.

Can someone upload the replays for me please? I only have the final

Cheers for that Kruiz, thats more or less what i wanted to hear from soneone who has common sense and can race fairly.

Can someone upload the replays for me please? I only have the final

Same here heat 1 and heat 3 would be great thanks. Need them so I can get meeting pics :thumbup:

Race of the day was heat 3, and I wasn't even in it!! I watched Dode and Walker battle it out all race long, think who will it? Dode, no Walker, no Dode has got it now, oh no Walker has, but then going into the last corner, who's that? Only Trav who puts them both in on the last corner, with a hard but fair hit and takes his first? rFactor F1 win, well done. Johno was also in amongst it making it a 4 car dash for the line, best race of the season so far I would think, well done guys, and everyone kept it fair.

That was a good race with me and walker and i thought i had it going into the last lap after getting past walker but after trav steaming up the inside and fencing me hard i was a little bit annoyed but it was good to see trav do well and i managed second with me and trav having a race to the line so i wasnt too bothered. I thought he just went in full bore leaning me into the fence but managing to get a close second i was happy enough with that but it doesnt mean i fully agree with the hit but trav is still learning so awell lol.

I thought it was a hard but fair hit from where I was watching, the thing is, you were on the outside, walker was inside, side by side, and as Trav comes up the inside with force, that makes it 3 wide, so it would have been difficult for you not to hit the fence under those circumstances.

I can understand your frustration but he didn't take either of you out of the race, and it was the last corner for a win so you have to expect big hits in that situation, there will always be another for you to win, thats how I look at it after that sort of thing.

Someone tell me, is this reasonable (bearing in mind this is all mid race) or do i just expect people to use the breaks push you wide go round the inside and go past rather than delibertatly take you out for some strange reason. Oh wait, When Kruiz, Johno, MoR ect ect go past this never happens? So obviously it cannot be that it cant be done the proper way, just that the people who do it want to take you out on purpose. This is the CRAP that spoils online racing, i did mentin to Johno last week who said he would reply over the weekend but hasn't so I'm not sure what exactly he thinks about it. But either way unless there is someone actually looking at this kind of thing then i see no point trying to race fairly and will be doing as they say "If you can't beat them join them"

My apologies. Your quite right in saying I did say Iwould reply on the Friday, and then totally forgot, plus deleted your PM with my my inbox being full - so apologies from me for that.

I think it is a difficult one. If you look at the way people race,at this track in particular, the back end steps out. Whenever the back end steps out, and form of contact is always going to send you into a spin. Thus in turn, running slightly wide also makes things worse.

Perhaps I am the only one, but sometimes if I dont put a bit of right hand down out of the corner, then the person turning left gains the position back and loses me a lot of time. Dont get me wrong, I dont right hand turn anyone into the wall as in a deliberate right turn, but I do put as little bit to stop someone left turning me onto a curb or a log in tonight's case.

Back on topic though, you quite right, I don't try to spin anyone, but sometimes it happens. Ironmac was hard to pass at the end of the races tonight, due to his tyres coming off and the back end stepping out (sorry to use you Ironmac, but we came together in the final). Itried to give him a little budge to get up the inside, and unfortunately he sapn, so it does happen.

The difference is, and I think this is the point that Allstar is mainly trying to make, is that when Ididnt it, at the ne dof the race, I immediately said sorry. I never meant to do it, and never wanted Ironmac to spin, but I still said sorry, and at the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes, its just whether or not you are decent enough to admit to them and apologise.

Anyway, I didnt think that tonight was too bad. Ijust got knocked around from pillow to post in the final, was not quick enough in the Heats, and got a nice break in the Grand National, so I think a bit of a mixed night for me personally.

Anyway, hope to see you all next week, as its the last meeting from these current grades (although grading period does end tonight), and also it is the first visit to the 2009 World Championship Venue, and no matter how good you set up is, nothing substitutes good practice like a meeting does. Add to that world championship qualifying points, as well as National Series Points, and the meeting is set to be an epic!!

Cheers

Johno

P.S - Look out for the April Newsletter over the coming week or so.

well i thought it was a superb meeting but then again after getting my first ever rfactor f1 race win and from yellow which was a bit of na total shock im bound to be happy.

I was just hanging on to walker and dode who were having a great battle for the lead and with about 3 to go i thought great 3rd place is looking good and the best result for

me so far coming up only for dode and walker to get a bit bulked going into the last lasp.going into the last bend with both in front of me and knowing that it was to good

a chance to miss i went in with a massive hit and manged to cross the line for my first win :rolleyes: .

yes it was a hard hit but it was the final bend ive never won a race and to be honest i think by my old standards ive been racing very clean every week just learning

but when you have a chance of a last bender youve got to go for it.

Edited by TRAV365

Thought tonight was a follow on from last week, the driving standards were once again just plain crap. Dont like to Single anyone out as i said to Johno last week, but as an example of what im talking about... Now usually in F1 i find Murf to be hard but fair so dont take it the wrong way mate, just making an eg

In the i was Battling with Murf for a few bends which was all well and good until Murf took an inside line on me, however i just took a wide line into the bend meaning there was roughly a two foot gap between my rear and Murfs front bumper, and whilst he braked he then let off turned to the right and took me out over the back wheel. Now i dont know if its just me, but I thought it was pretty obvious it was just going to spin me out there and then, I just dont see the point in doing it at all. Oh wait yes i do, it just spins me instantly and gets me out of the way so you can carry on happily as if nothing happens?

post-1012-1238704969.jpg

After the hit, i end up going backwards into the wall facing the wrong way...

post-1012-1238704979.jpg

This was'nt the only thime this happened tonight, i havent got the replay due to thesame saving 500 copies of warmup which overwrites the old replays :1106: but Chevy in one heat just came flying up the inside similar to the hit above, but instead of breaking like Murf did it was clearly obviouse the brakes wern't used one bit.

During the final after being taken out a few times i found myself either 1 or 2 laps down and in amongst a big battle for the top ten. Going into turn 3 and 4 i was on the inside with MoR infront of me and walker behind, I was punted by Walker which put me into MoR and he spun. Now there was nothing i could do about it and i'm not sure if Walker meant it either? But none the less straight after the race i did apologise to MoR (not sure if he saw as there was alot going on) But also i have sent him a PM... Common courtesy after an accident doesent take much and certainly doesent hurt!

Final note which is positive, i thought tonight was very well run so would like to thank Kev and the rest of the guys who contributed to that, top job.

Good meeting I bloody enjoyed it and the best racing I have had. Heat 3 with dode was the best race of the meeting for me.No problem here about the last bend move trav I would of done the same if I was in with a chance of winning. Final race with MoR was a good race as well and clean and fair.

Sorry to MoR as well and to allstar to as I hit allstar with the intention to hit but give a hit just to get by,nothing dirty. Appoligises to MoR as well as I hit allstar into him but no on purpose. Sorry lads.

Well done to kruiz on the final win. Seem to be getting the pace again.

Edited by Walker363

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..