Please Sign The Petition

Sam

Skin cancer is now the number one form of cancer amongst young women, and the concentrated harmful rays from sunbeds have been cited as the reason for this increase. UK women in their 20s are diagnosed with malignant melanoma at a rate of almost one a day, twice as common as breast cancer.

St. Tropez is leading a Parliamentary Lobbying Group campaigning for stricter regulations on sunbed usage in the UK. We are proposing a ban on all unmanned, coin-operated sunbeds in the UK preventing under-18s from using sunbeds, to help reduce the number of unnecessary cases of skin cancer cases.

To demonstrate your support, simply sign the St. Tropez SkinSmart online petition - http://sttropezskinsmart.org/sign-the-st-t...nsmart-petition. An email will be sent to you asking you to confirm your signature before you’re added to the petition.

Please pass this on to encourage more sign ups.

Thier own fault for being stupid enough to give in to the peer pressure and use them for that long in the first place in my opinion. I know for a fact this is going to cause an arguement but i think it really is as simple as that, how about teaching some common sense in schools instead!

I agree Allstar, I don't like to see people with cancers but they surely know the risks, I don't even think girls with (excessive/fake) tans are attractive anyway. You can tell when people obviously spend hours a week on a sunbed, it looks terrible.

Thier own fault for being stupid enough to give in to the peer pressure and use them for that long in the first place in my opinion. I know for a fact this is going to cause an arguement but i think it really is as simple as that, how about teaching some common sense in schools instead!

For once I agree with Allstar :o

Guest David

It seems there is a new online petition every day.

Education is what is needed. Banning people under 20 will just delay them getting skin cancer for a few years until they are old enough.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..