Best Steering wheel ??

pluko

Hi,

I know this has been covered in 2007 ? but with new wheels coming out since ...........

Looking to the future, its called RFactor and I guess I need to get a steering wheel to keep up with the white tops !

Choices seem to be all Logitech - I can't afford a G25 so ..........

the options seem to be the Momo or the Formula Force Ex for PC or the Driving Force Pro or Driving Force GT for PS with a PS/2 adapter.

Has anyone got any recommendations or used the Driving Force wheels with RFactor.

cheers for any help, Pluko :2:

I use a logitech wingman formula force GP force feedback wheel and find it very good. Another good wheel for starting rfactor I find is good is a microsoft sidewinder. Theres a few of them floating about on ebay at the moment for £10.

Walker

Edited by Walker363

Can't really go wrong with the Sidewinder, I'm still using it now and ataining red/superstar grade.

Just search ebay for 'Microsoft Sidewinder' usually less than £20. Also make sure it has a USB connection not gameport and I would recomend it has Force Feedback (FFB) not the precision model.

Or if you can afford another £30ish go for the momo.

Cheers Nezza,

FFB would be fun when I fall into the fence lol

Looking at M/S Sidewinders on ebay cos i keep getting outbid on the Momos !!

all the best, Pluko

If you find any but are unsure if its the right one send me a pm with a link mate and i'll check it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
have the black momo hutch said about but dnt think its set right

I got a formula force for christmas.....

am i doing something wrong.... im finding it harder using a wheel and pedals than keys!?

its impossible... any help... do i need to calibrate it to suit r factor etc i have no idea!?

mitch

Mitch, have you installed the logitech profiler yet from the site? If not do that, then set it up so you can launch rfactor from it. Then when your in rfactor send me a screenshot of your steering wheel settings and i'll see whats wrong there, then when thats done have a play with the profiler settings to get them just right for you.

I got a formula force for christmas.....

am i doing something wrong.... im finding it harder using a wheel and pedals than keys!?

its impossible... any help... do i need to calibrate it to suit r factor etc i have no idea!?

mitch

It normally takes a while practicing to get used to a wheel. Stick at it - most people move the wheel far more than they need at first to and end up understeering into the wall. Make sure you've turned your steering lock up as far as it will go in rfactor.

right on the tarmac I can just about get round.... shale Im not even going to bother yet... it just wants to drive out the stadium!

One problem.... everytime I play rfactor I have to re-assign brake as it does not recognise it?

Second problem.... as soon as I start a race weekend... I lose my force feedback... as soon as I return to the home screen it starts again

Third problem.... I have no control while testing or practicing or qualifying.. I only have control in a race??

Thanks mitch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..