Northampton (Wednesday) Results

Johno3

Hello All,

Well as is always the case, the first day of the European got a little tasty. I thought, and going by the comments most agreed, that the final was the best race of the night.

I managed to win the final after a superb race with Mike #315 and Dazza #290, just managing to tap Mike wide for the win. It made a change for one my tactics to actually come off. Sometimes you have to accept the guy behind is quick, and let them go catch the guy in front. This happened tonight, they got into a battle, and I managed to pick up the pieces. Think it helped that my tyres were in good condition too!

Anyway, well done to Walker for being the top points scorer on the night. Consistent nights scoring sees him pick up healthy points in his quest for a National Series Shootout Place.

Results:

Heat 1: 164 363 290 3 221 112 315 11 16 233

Heat 2: 164 221 11 363 8 2 391 290 16 112

A-Final: 3 315 290 363 2 233 8 137 112 164

GN 1: 8 137 363 112 2 164 290 531 315 561

37 pts 363 razza

30 pts 3 Johno

30 pts 290 Dazza

26 pts 164 Jarry*

26 pts 8 tosh874

25 pts 315 Mike

24 pts 2 Michael

18 pts 137 MoR

18 pts 112 Tom D

13 pts 233 Grasser

11 pts 221 Spike*

7 pts 11 chevy*

4 pts 531 Lee

2 pts 391 Corny* (NS SCORE: 4)

2 pts 16 JK

2 pts 561 Murf

0 pts 488 dave*

0 pts 17 munis*

All the drivers with stars have qualified for the European Championship tomorrow. They didnt know it, but all of them got through purely on attendance.

Anyway, hope to see you all back tomorrow night for the main event.

EDIT: Jst been informed that Corny played his joker tonight.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Congratulations johno, thought I better let you have that one haha.

Seriously, Mike was driving well out front until we managed to catch him, I got passed and expected the big one so run abit wider in the corner, my rear tyres were knacked which resulted in a half spin which meant I lost ground again! Never mind, it was the best race of the night and i hope anyone who got put off will turn up tommorow with a fresh race head on and get on with some good clean racing. More pleasing for me was I finally managed to break that .5 mark which was the highlight of over a years racing at the track lol.

Well done Jarry too and to Walker for top scoring.

As you can read in the write up in the programme, I've picked a few drivers who I think will do well tommorow. On tonights perfromance there maybe a couple more you could throw into the mix, especially Walker who had some good races all night.

Best of luck to everyone tommorow,

Darren

Wish I didnt have to wok tonight as i would of raced and tried to get into the euro as i go alright at NIR, looking forward to my first outing of the season tomorrow night.

well done on the win johno, great bit of tactical driving, i admire a bit of that. i tried a bit of following reds tonight to pick through the gaps and actually ended up having a great races with grasser and MoR tonight.

always great racing with MoR, you know what to expect from him when hes up your ass and vice versa.

terrible first heat, 2nd was points scoring and the final i was 7th with the battle with mor and grasser. :5: happy winning the gn as i drove it smoother and less rear end out which saved the tyre.

NIR aint my best track for 1s always seem to light up the right real a lot, prob the way i have it set up. its also set up for the rear coming out and powering it round. this i will have to look at for the contact issue with the spinning. and try and change the way i drive them. :coffee:

wd to wacko walker on the points. getting better every week i see.

thanks for the meet johno/kev

Not a good meeting for me.

You will not be aware but 3 weeks ago I hurt my hand playing rugby. I was Mis diagnosed and i have a fractured wrist. For 3 weeks i have been driving with 1 arm hence my erratic driving at times.

Well done to race winners. Look forward to tomorrows meeting

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..