microsoft sidewinder settings

Nezza46

hi guys,

just after a bit of help please from anyone who is running a microsoft sidewinder steering wheel on rfactor.

Having come from a saitek r220 with no force feedback I am having a bit of a transition to using force feedback now which is much better.

I have been using the sidewinder for three weeks now with the same settings as I had on the saitek, but finding I am being spun a bit too easy, and on the saitek I could generally hold the hit a bit better.

Perhaps it is just the transitional change, but I did want to check that I have the wheel settings correct for it. I have real feel plug in btw.

Could someone take a screenshot of there sidewinder settings or post the values up please so I can make sure I have it configured correctly?

also what is the best forcefeedback settings in game to use with real feel for this wheel ?

much appreciated,

Nezza

Have you tried the plug in called real feel for your wheel yet??? (am sure drumbstick would correct me if it doesnt work on it or not)

also i find the in game ffb settings can help if you tweak them to find your best suited strength etc.

thanks walker, thats just what i wanted :thumbs_up:

I have mine set up the same already so at least thats ok. must just be me lol getting used to force feedback.

do you have real feel on btw walker? as I do.

ok guys, cheers ...I will get rid of the real feel and try that out :thumbs_up:

ffb set as walkers is I take it? i.e. 100% and full?

Yeah that is the way I have my FFB mate. But I always take the real feel plug in out when I do a shale meeting as my wheel feels like for some reason on shale.

Real feel takes the forces direct from the steering rack and not the artifical forces RF generates.

Now I believe the sidewinder is not true FFB but uses rumble. If that is the case I would think it could produce odd forces

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..