Cross-in-Hand track revealed !

Biffo

:o Just looking at an interesting little web site , petemarsh.freeuk.

Someone starting to clear the old Spedeworth site of undergrowth at Cross - in - Hand, in Sussex during 2008

Now look what they`ve found.

Seen some photos of it under the trees and bushes but this is the first time I`ve seen it revealed............wow

Taken from the pits end, hasnt been raced on since 1972 and unlikely ever will be after being banned by local coucil :unsure:

post-997-1251288065.jpg

Cleared for flats and council housing. not sure if its going ahead though due to the old (abandoned????) petrol station.

Cleared for flats and council housing. not sure if its going ahead though due to the old (abandoned????) petrol station.

=================================================================

:rolleyes: Remember the old filling station right by the entrance on the main road, they used to do a roaring trade on race days.

Wouldnt it be nice if they kept the oval for a road and kept the centre green and built the houses round the outside.

I guess that would be asking too much ;)

my dad used to race at cross-in-hand in bangers but that is going bk about 30 years or so now i think it was.

======================================================

:blink: Hey some of us do go back that far and beyond.....lol

• 2 weeks later...

haha speak 4yaself biffo, lol

=======================================

Ok but I cant claim PENSIONER POWER just yet............but I think I can see it looming in the distant.......Gulp! :o

• 3 months later...

Yes, the track WAS being restored, well cleared at least and meetings were planned but the development ran in to problems I believe, and is on hold. Was hoping to be run by a guy called Mick I believe, used to race at the old Fleet track in the Stock Cars.

And the garage is still there? Has just had a refit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..