Crimond result 14/09/09

drumbstick

WD to Tom on the nationals win, Lew and Gary on the heat wins, Dan on the GN and especially speed on the Final

The worst meeting of the year in my

opinion, a number of OTT hits, right turning, pulling straight back in to traffic or slamming it in reverse when spinning. We really need to look at driving standards as they have bbeen faling for some weeks.

F2 Nationals: 112,926,233,41,16,164,531,315,365,363,27,39,488,236,968,79,46,495,313,

Heat 1: 495,236,16,79,926,233,968,27,315,112,46,39,488,531,363,515,164,41,313

Heat 2: 79,315,236,926,39,16,363,233,41,46,515,488,531,495,164,112,27,698,313

Final: 926,531,315,233,236,16,79,363,41,495,46,39,488,164,515,968,313,27,112

GN: 236,41,16,363,39,315,112,164,926,488,46,531,233,27,79,968,495,515,313

opinion, a number of OTT hits, right turning, pulling straight back in to traffic or slamming it in reverse when spinning. We really need to look at driving standards as they have bbeen faling for some weeks.

Yes it was rubbish, I didn't have one decent race. We aren't supposed to chat once we are on the grid but it was hard to see any instructions being given by the steward due to constant talking, mostly totally irrelevant to the race and showed how some didn't seem to be taking things too serious which probably led to the crud meeting. F2's can be so much better than this. :shrug:

Yes it was rubbish, I didn't have one decent race. We aren't supposed to chat once we are on the grid but it was hard to see any instructions being given by the steward due to constant talking, mostly totally irrelevant to the race and showed how some didn't seem to be taking things too serious which probably led to the crud meeting. F2's can be so much better than this. :shrug:

I will admit I was one of them that did chat when on the grid so I will appoligise and won't do it again. Overall just a crap meeting but seemed to get better as the night went on but just down to others crashing or being taking out.

Roll on the next meeting where driving standards will be better I hope!

echoing the thoughts above really....I thought the racing was poor last night as well and seemed to spend most of the night trying to dodge accidents/incidents ( and failing miserably lol )

I think a lot of it was down to this track not being given enough respect to be honest. It proved a difficult track to race as the bends are very skiddy and it is very easy to spin yourself out by putting too much power down to early on. couple this with the tyres and you definately have a tough racing venue.

I think this track has the potential to be one of the best tracks that rfactor f2 has to offer, but it showed last night that if you turn up a dont put the time or thought into racing it, then it quickly turns into a quarter mile of carnage.

loking forward to next week and hopefully back to better racing.

Thanks for running it last night by the way Drumb, thought it ran very smoothly.

Nez

....I think a lot of it was down to this track not being given enough respect to be honest. It proved a difficult track to race as the bends are very skiddy and it is very easy to spin yourself out by putting too much power down to early on. couple this with the tyres and you definately have a tough racing venue.

I think this track has the potential to be one of the best tracks that rfactor f2 has to offer, but it showed last night that if you turn up a dont put the time or thought into racing it, then it quickly turns into a quarter mile of carnage.

well yeah, i can only concur with your assessment.....i was in for best part of an hour from 6pm to try and get to grips with it (and didnt, hence no booking) and i didn't see anyone else in the server, so they were either all completely ready......or not.....the latter seems accurate ;)

ah well, cyas soon :)

At the start of practice i was also in two minds whether to book in due to the crap lap times i was seeming to get.

I seemed to be struggling for both front and rear end grip when trying to acheive the times of drumb and the other top guys, so i decided to take another approach of just setting the car up so i could control it in traffic or take different lines around the track, the lap times were about .3 of a second of drumbsticks but i settled for the fact that the car felt nice and easy to control.

Im not trying to sound big headed but i think my recent form is down to alot of luck and not trying to beat the faster guys, just setting the car up so it drives well in traffic, and keeping out of trouble, maybe that could be some good advice for a few others.

In general i had no problems with other drivers last night and would like to thank the guys who let me past and gave loads of room for me to get through.

Although i did see a few bad rejoins were i had to shut off the gas and just roll round instead of trying to hit flat out and hoping for the best.

Well done to all race winners and especially tomD on the national.

Thanks to drumbstick for the meeting well ran once again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..