Mor is having pc probs

ballbreaker

Hi all Mor has ask me to post this for him

Hi All

Would post this myself but on a Mac at college and it won't let me go on the forum. My PC at home seems to have finally given up on me on Friday and I can't get it going again.

It froze whilst i was on it and the power light and the red loading light on the tower froze on. I left it for abit with no luck, so reset it. It still did the same, this time with a black screen. In other words, as soon as i turned the power on it stayed the same, so nothing was loading/booting up.

I've had a look inside, checked all connections and everything seems fine. My first thought are that it isn't the harddrive because nothing is booting up at all, there are no bios on screen and no beeps. My thoughts is it may be a motherboard problem, but I'm crap with PCs so thats just an asumption.

Anybody got an possible ideas? Thanks.

Cheers MoR"

Hi all Mor has ask me to post this for him

Hi All

Would post this myself but on a Mac at college and it won't let me go on the forum. My PC at home seems to have finally given up on me on Friday and I can't get it going again.

It froze whilst i was on it and the power light and the red loading light on the tower froze on. I left it for abit with no luck, so reset it. It still did the same, this time with a black screen. In other words, as soon as i turned the power on it stayed the same, so nothing was loading/booting up.

I've had a look inside, checked all connections and everything seems fine. My first thought are that it isn't the harddrive because nothing is booting up at all, there are no bios on screen and no beeps. My thoughts is it may be a motherboard problem, but I'm crap with PCs so thats just an asumption.

Anybody got an possible ideas? Thanks.

Cheers MoR"

21401[/snapback]

MoR,  I had same problem last week, my motherboard blown up and wouldnt boot up like yours,  didnt think it was a mobo problem until I took it to a PC shop where they confirmed it was.

I'd agree- especially with no beeps, it sounds like a dead mobo. Though that could be because the motherboard speaker isn't plugged in- I had a computer that wouldn't POST while the sticky tape had come loose off the case speaker soldering. biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting joyce and thanks to those who replied.

Just for the record.......

It was a motherboard problem, we had someone but a new one in for us and the Hard Drive was still ok, so luckily we didn't lose anything.

Thanks again.

Cheers MoR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..