NascarHeat and Vista

Counter552

Hi guys, hope someone can help.

A newbie is trying to load NascarHeat (from an original game disk). I've heard some people have had trouble with this and Vista, is there a fix ?

it is vista i've got and yes it is heat i'm trying to install. the message is only when i tick create desktop or shortcut, it does nothing but goes back to setup menu when i don't tick it. the message is can't copy stub file(e;\nascar heat.exe ---> c:\program files\hasbroi nteractive\nascar heat\nheat.exe, then says create link failed(c:\users\public\desktop\nascar heat.ink, then comes up with can't set uninstall registry entry continue? (yes or no) they both go to setup page again.

i hope these make some sort of sense to someone

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Counter

mine did the same only worked through that for me

Thanks again Spike.

So, if he installs mod launcher first and then starts NascarHeat from there, he will then be able to add-on the ukdirt mods etc , including the 1.72e patch and the no-cd patch ?

Sorry to ask, I'm just not that PC literate !

Cheers

Counter

Count, I run Vista with no probs at all. although I did install from the ukdirt site which I think is Nascar essentials rather than from a disk. one thing with vista though is to make sure you are running the program as an administrator. (right click - run as administrator) hope this helps mate.

Count, I run Vista with no probs at all. although I did install from the ukdirt site which I think is Nascar essentials rather than from a disk. one thing with vista though is to make sure you are running the program as an administrator. (right click - run as administrator) hope this helps mate.

Thanks Nezza, I'll pass it on to see if it works.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..