Barford Results

tommyd

Sorry for the results being up late lads but here they are. The starmen dominated but some good results for a few lowergraders see them high up in the points.

HT 1: 881, H87, 41, 236, 46, 112, 313, 212, 488, 221

HT 2: 881, 164, H87, 315, 1, 39, 46, 641, 172, 221

HT 3: 688, 212, 41, 164, 1, 488, 912, H599, 641, 236

Final: H87, 1, 164, 112, 313, 41, 881, 688, 212, 488

GN: 164, H599, 313, 641, 41, 1 688, 46, 39, *H87*

164: 42

H87: 39

1: 35

41: 32

881: 28

313: 24

688: 20

112: 19

212: 16

46: 13

H599: 12

641: 12

488: 9

236: 8

39: 7

315: 7

912: 4

172: 2

221: 2

365: 0

WD all Race Winners, Also WD Robin on his final win and Tosh on toping the points.

Hope to see you all next week, Get Booked In for some Shale action at Scunthorpe.

And the parking of cars in awkward places.

Aside from that i thoroughly enjoyed it, really good track for racing when people arent forcing others into the wall and breaking them in two.

On that note i apologise to a couple of people who i punted a bit hard, combined with the fact the brakes are much better (weaker mind you) we ended up hitting the wall hard. Looking as if it was a followin, when in reality it was completely unintentional.

Well done to the race winners and those who i had a good fun battle with (tosh, drumb etc)

Well done to tosh for top scoring aswell for that matter.

Unsure if i will race next week as scunny's not my favourite of tracks.

I thoought the racing in general last night was very good, and most people used the common sense required round such a tight track.

I felt like I had one of those nights where it seemed that if an accident was going to happen it woas around me although I can't ague with that points haul, shows how much perception can be different to reality.

Fearing the worse from practice, I had no hope of completing a lap let alone a race!!

Decided to take it steady, and found that for me, slower was faster!! Once I had got the hang of it I was ok until cars started to force past me, and with the wall not being solid, I was riding up it and losing control.

Heats were ok, 8th and a 9th, happy with.

In the final, I decided to follow Budge for as long as possible and see how it went. Yes I did curse Mike #315 for leaving his car on track, but then I thought it happens in real life and it gave me a sense of realism that I had to remember his car was there, so must avoid it. Unfortunately dunno how, but I did hit it, and I dropped to the back of the field, trying my hardest to keep my damaged car going, staying out of the way hoping to creep into the top ten. It wasn't to be.

In the GN, I got a break and lead, felt good!!! I then was caught and passed by a couple of drivers but I was holding station. When Drum came past I was trying to get close enough to put him wide and into Mike's yet again stranded car, but I missed and hit it myself!! But I survived only to to Budge do exactly what I wanted to do!!! This is why I was ok with Mike stranded car, because if say a yellow top put Sworder wide into a dead car, the crowd would go bananas - no different here!!!

All in all, in retrospect I enjoyed it, although at the time I found it hard going. 12 points makes it a success for me, but not sure about it possibly meaning an upgrade as I am enjoying it at white :thumbs_up:

Great stuff from Budge all night - Well Done Sir!!

Never raced Scunthorpe, so its probably going to be a "Nil" score.

Enjoyed monday once again, practice does certainly seem to help on a sunday, Had a good night for me, got over excitied in my second heat trying to get in front of mav and took myself out, and also trying to get though the side of mavs car (sorry), Final went well and found i could sort of stay with the big boys, even pushing them wide, Came to the last bend with Tomd in front and striking distance, so went for it, made contact but put us both wide, and tom beating me to the line, Well held tom :). Come the gn had a great race with a few, Sorry drum but with mav on inside yourself on outside, i sort of had no option but to lead you into mikes car, after that i had a clear run,

Thx for the comment mav, nice when us whites great a bit of praise :)

Just 1 note, was very hard to over take lapped people on this track, wish some of you would look in your mirror at times !!! i know it not a rule, and wasn't going to get into a debate in chat after the race, it just nice if us slower whites can get by with a bit more ease,

Thx Tom for running it and all the stewards

Sorry drum but with mav on inside yourself on outside, i sort of had no option but to lead you into mikes car, after that i had a clear run,

NP mate its always gonna happen on such a tight track, I put Nezza into mikes parked car in the final when I didn't mean to sorry Nezza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..