HELP with ADSL Cable Instead of using wireless

Daz815

Hi, ok been on wireless for a while now but only ukdirt i seem to get cars dissapearing and people complaining of me lagging.

So i bought a ADSL Cable off eBay so i can connect straight to our router. Now ive plugged the cable into the back of my PC and plugged the other end into the Router.

There are 4 LAN ports and the downstairs computer is plugged into 1, ive plugged this one into 2.

I cant seem to get it working / set it up as its still using wireless.

All i want is to have my wireless setup & this cable on so i can change when ukdirt meets on as a cable trailing upstairs isnt a good idea lol

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

Hi, ok been on wireless for a while now but only ukdirt i seem to get cars dissapearing and people complaining of me lagging.

So i bought a ADSL Cable off eBay so i can connect straight to our router. Now ive plugged the cable into the back of my PC and plugged the other end into the Router.

There are 4 LAN ports and the downstairs computer is plugged into 1, ive plugged this one into 2.

I cant seem to get it working / set it up as its still using wireless.

All i want is to have my wireless setup & this cable on so i can change when ukdirt meets on as a cable trailing upstairs isnt a good idea lol

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

Assuming its a laptop you are plugging in you need to disable the wireless capability in your laptop, some have a simple button, in others go to the hardware setup or look in network settings. Easier to advise you if i know what windows you're running

Edited by xTx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..