Results / Points - UK Open - Skegness - 13/5

Kevin

28 cars attended tonight's meeting. The results were:

HEAT 1: 188, 8, 531, 112, 561, 495, 39, 413, 363, 236, 365, 525, 4 (dnf 164)

HEAT 2: 3, 172, 137, 551, 1, 262, 515, 484, 17, 233, 391, 221, 527 (dnf 380)

HEAT 3: 112, 413, 8, 1, 551, 515, 525, 221, 391, 363, 484, 39 (dnf 164, 4)

HEAT 4: 236, 380, 137, 531, 188, 3, 262, 495, 233, 527, 561, 17, 172, 365

HEAT 5: 551, 1, 495, 527, 515, 3, 8, 561, 188, 531, 484, 17, 365, 164

HEAT 6: 380, 236, 112, 413, 39, 137, 221, 391, 262, 363, 233, 172, 525 (dnf 4)

CONS: 484, 4, 561, 262, 391, 527, 17, 39, 221, 525, 363

GRAND FINAL: 380, 262, 236, 17, 3, 112, 8, 561, 515, 172, 531, 1, 484, 413, 495, 527, 551, 39, 4, 391 (dnf 188, 137)

UK OPEN: 137, 8, 236, 3, 188, 1, 380, 531, 561, 525, 262, 527, 39, 17, 413, 233, 515, 221 (dnf 495, 172, 112)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

236 .. 52

380 .. 50

8 .. 45

3 .. 44

137 .. 40

112 .. 31

290 .. 28

188 .. 27

262 .. 26

531 .. 20

561 .. 19

17 .. 17

551 .. 17

515 .. 15

413 .. 13

172 .. 11

495 .. 10

39 .. 6

525 .. 6

527 .. 6

221 .. 3

363 .. 3

233 .. 2

391 .. 2

484 .. 1

Zero: 4, 164, 365

Congratulations to MoR(137) on winning the UK Open title and to daveyboy(380) on winning th emeeting final. DanSkin(236) was top scorer for the evening.

Hope to see you all next week at Sheffield.

Well done Uk Open Champ MOR, and Davey for winning the Final. Also well done to all the white tops who all had their moments tonight.

It was a fantastic meeting for me, with me getting places in all the heats, then a top 10 in the Final, and nearly repeated in the UK Open, I was in 8th place with only a few laps to go after a superb race, ran into Spike who seemed to be crawling round inner kerb on oppo for some reason, serves me right probably for using the kerb on the corner, that's racing anyway. A great meeting, thanks again Kev. :appl:

First of all, thanks to Kev for getting through the meeting so quickly - it really was top stuff sir.

A big big well done to MoR. Finally got another title to add to the Grand National Championship. I can't think of a more worthy champion - well done sir!

Well doen to all the race winners over the two days, and to the white tops, who are most definitely coming along nicely now!

Personally, not a bad meeting. I felt I drove some sensational races from poor starts, so I am quite happy. I feel a lot more settled at red now, so hopefully I can continue onwards.

Cheers

Johno

Congratulations MoR, and a big thanks/well done to the admin boys for putting the two days together, alot of hard work from a few people which is always appreciated.

Was running well in the Uk Open Final, think I got up to 4th until a 'race incident' put me back, but dont think anyone was going to catch MoR once he was out in front on his own. the 'incident' also put Spike out too, im not sure if he was directly behind me or not but apologies mate as I see you didnt finish.

There were a few bad points from both meetings which probably need to be put right but at the moment im not sure on the best way to word them!!

Wd again MoR,

Cheers

Darren

wd all race winners and well done mor was well drivin skeggy was my best meeting so far and us white did a top job i say leading in are heats big al and me keeped 1 and 2nd for a long time while every1 else was fighting for them but meeting when well thz kev and johno and well done. didnt get any gd starts for outside mind but thats raceing for ya but also well done lew and pusher . and im happy bec ive got my white tops back for i was only 1 left lol thz again

spikejnr :groupwave::ninja:

Well done MoR.

I find Skeggy really hard, I just can't slide the car consistently on tarmac and that kills you round here. Lack of talent I guess!

ran into Spike who seemed to be crawling round inner kerb on oppo for some reason

Haha I nearly drove into Spike as well, did a double take as he came past me the wrong way.

Thanks again to Admin for running the meeting, Well done to both Davey and MOR on your achievements,, great results. Well done also to my fellow lower graders who put on a good performance.

As for me. I really struggled with the set up all night and was way too loose which I couldn't find a solution too, I was ok whilst on my own as a 2nd in the consi showed but as soon as I was in a crowd then things soon got out of control.

Sorry to Corny, Aub and others that I may have ruined some races for but if anyone can give me tips on tightening the car i'd appreciate it,(I know the one about less throttle out of bends by the way LOL)

I will be back racing these again soon as practice makes better perf...(than crap anyway).

enjoyed

Pusher

Thanks all for the kind comments! Really, really pleased to finally get another championship, and my first on rFactor F1s. The GNC I won was way back in 2006 and I've only ever won two meetings finals in UKDirt F1s since I start waaaaay back in 2003, so this win is really special! :thumbup: Was really shocked with how the race played out - I qualified pole red, which was nice, but was quite slow off the start, with Matthew just managing to get in front from the outside before the first bend. When the inevitable pile-up happened, I somehow managed to keep it nice and tight; I went almost stationary as I hit a car facing the opposite direction, went back down to the first gear, and just seemed to get out nice and clean and ready to chase Lew, who had already got a pretty nice lead. I think I took the lead about lap 10 and then just tried to keep it steady and smooth, without looking my mirrors too much. Thanks to all who moved over for me! Had a little scare with 2 to go with Al sideways accross the track on turns 3 and 4 which allowed Tosh to close to a more even-uncomfortable distance, but luckily I managed to keep it going til the chequered!

As for the rest of my night, I had a good set of heats with some decent races with Savage and Spike :)

Good stuff anyway, and see you all in a few weeks time! Thanks for the meetings admin, really good job with the build up and general running! Well done Davey on your final win!

MoR

Having now watched the replays and obtaining a better judgement of what happened, I can say that it wasn't a bad two days racing. Wednesday was hard work with an out of date setup, and largely spoilt by the "Warpers" and Thursday was hard fought within the yellow grade as with only 2 or 3 blues, thus allowing the reds through quicker. Happy to have scored points in the meeting even though I am back to not qualifying for the A Finals again!! but extremely pleased in the UK Open, where I was a second away from clearing the first bend melee in a strong position, but overall very happy to have hung in there to finish 10th.

Congrats to MOR, who took the advantage offered with both hands on the first bend, then successfully negociated the remaining laps to take the UK Open title.

Daveyboy #380 is definately on an upgrading, too good for yellow, with taking the final with ease, and as for Danskin - thought we were racing Legends at one point!! lol - He too will surely be up to red after Sheffield - Well Done on top scoring.

Other than sorting out the warp issue (which isn't an easy thing to do), Admin are doing a cracking job.

Hopefully see you at Sheffield - should be easy to spot - the one getting in the way and facing the wrong way, no wait thats Spike!!! :rofl: Cya all soon.

As for me. I really struggled with the set up all night and was way too loose which I couldn't find a solution too, I was ok whilst on my own as a 2nd in the consi showed but as soon as I was in a crowd then things soon got out of control.

enjoyed

Pusher

Keep at it Pusher, I think only on-line racing will get us better, practicing offline is so different. Sheffield might suit you as it's full throttle most of the way and being loose shouldn't matter, and the default setup should be ok with maybe gear tweaks from memory.

The more cars in meetings the better whether we are struggling or not, so hope to see you there m8.

Enjoyed last Thursday, was some good racing in most of the races.

Was great to see the likes of Al, Spikejnr and other whites doing well in their races.

The Skegness track felt a bit awkward for me to drive round with me sometimes just going wide on the bends but after a good few laps with the tire wear i was able to go round the corners perfect but of course not making me be fastest round the bends but starting from yellow and being out infront was'nt a problem.

First heat I was terrible as I could'nt find the braking points to go round the bends and then coming across Savage he started to turn me into the fence on the straight and just lost my head and just lauched at him resulted in me going over the fence.

Second heat was a lot better with me and Danskin getting away and thought at one point i was gaining on him but slipped back but finished in second.

Third heat was away from the yellows and got infront of the whites after a little bit of difficulty getting away from Spikejnr but was out infront keeping a distance from Danskin but made a error starting the last lap and he was able to past but last bend i put the bumper in and lucky enough took the win.

Final was away from the yellows and got past the whites this time without any problems and tried to keep it steady throughout the rest of the race but carnage started to happen with back markers which I was lucky enough to avoid, had a slight scare with Savage just lauching himself just behind when a few laps down wiping someone out but was able to keep calm and take the win.

I cant remember much in the UK Open, just remember almost spinning out at the start but just went into the first bend with the bumper and which everyone else done and was in a massive pile up lol, came out and clawed myself back to 7th I think it was.

Big well done to MOR for taking the UK Open one of the few drivers I respect most in UKDirt, and well done to Danskin for top points scoring.

Don't know when I was next be able to race as I was lucky to have last thursday off from work, would like to have a another meeting in this grading period so I can go to a higher grade, or do i already go up a grade for winning the final?

Thanks for running the meeting Kev and Johno

Edited by davey boy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..