rfactor pad help

kendo912

Lo gays,

As a last resort, before I jack this in, and maybe some help for others who want to race, is there any help/advice/support for those who use a joypad.

I find rfactor so horrific to drive i'm just actually at the point where i turn up and don't enjoy it anymore other than crashing into people i don't like which isn't really the point!!!

Yes, i've got a joypad with no throttle control other than on or off and no i'm not prepared to race with a wheel or a new pad - is there any hope or shall i just sod off now?

If there is hope, what settings should i be running?

As an idea, i've got brakes on about 60% as otherwise halfway during each race i just slide into the bends

Acceleratation is on 75% to 90% depending on surface as otherwise i just spin round.

I race from swingman view (as i have done for 5 years) with no mirrors as someone gave me some advice to get the mirrors on but it didn't work!

Any help other than "use a wheel or buy a new pad" would be helpful as otherwise it's just not what i want to do with my spare time anymore,

Kendo

Lo gays,

Any help other than "use a wheel or buy a new pad" would be helpful as otherwise it's just not what i want to do with my spare time anymore,

Kendo

Based off that info in your post, I would suggest starting on with a simple pad setup and adjust from there. Hope this pic helps...

product_maxiregularwings.jpg

Lo gays,

Kendo

Based off that info in your post, I would suggest starting on with a simple pad setup and adjust from there. Hope this pic helps...

product_maxiregularwings.jpg

:rofl:

Lo..... Your not enjoying it mate, cause your using a knife to eat soup... To be brutally honest your trying to make an arcade game out of a simulator.... Whats wrong with moving on??... Heat is good for a pad, and wheel for Rfactor.... Using a pad and swingman on Rfactor is really defeating the point.... Its like saying that your fed up with using a steering wheel and throttle pedal in your car and putting handlebars in and having the throttle on a switch, then not being happy with the lack of control everytime you get to a round about.... When I first moved to Rfactor, I used a ps2 pad and used both analogue sticks, but used the bonnet view.... Theyre turning the anologue tv signal of soon, are you gonna watch the black and white fuzz, cause you dont want digital?? To get the most out of Rfactor and any mod, you need a half decent pc and a wheel... Id say the only wheel to have is a G25/27.... Bite the bullet and go for it.... You wont look back m8..... Change is not good,`til you get used to it... ;)

Guys, I think the posts so far will do nothing but make a valued old member leave the community tbh.

I know they are only jokes and also I do agree personally that the way forward is a wheel with this game. However, each to their own and on a serious note I do know that Kendo is getting fed up with things as they are, which sums up Aubs post the other day about the community spirit disappearing.

Now there are guys out there who do race with a pad and are successful, so I probably reckon that he is after some advise from them to see what makes it work for them.

Perhaps TomD or Dave 488 who race with a pad could offer some help?

Guys, I think the posts so far will do nothing but make a valued old member leave the community tbh.

I know they are only jokes and also I do agree personally that the way forward is a wheel with this game. However, each to their own and on a serious note I do know that Kendo is getting fed up with things as they are, which sums up Aubs post the other day about the community spirit disappearing.

Now there are guys out there who do race with a pad and are successful, so I probably reckon that he is after some advise from them to see what makes it work for them.

Perhaps TomD or Dave 488 who race with a pad could offer some help?

cant see a problem buying a wheel, a sidewinder for a 10 quid, and heel be running red s/s times and enjoying it...........i would like to know why your dead against using a wheel anyway?

tomd,s moved or moving from a pad i think

Lo..... Your not enjoying it mate, cause your using a knife to eat soup... To be brutally honest your trying to make an arcade game out of a simulator.... Whats wrong with moving on??... Heat is good for a pad, and wheel for Rfactor.... Using a pad and swingman on Rfactor is really defeating the point.... Its like saying that your fed up with using a steering wheel and throttle pedal in your car and putting handlebars in and having the throttle on a switch, then not being happy with the lack of control everytime you get to a round about.... When I first moved to Rfactor, I used a ps2 pad and used both analogue sticks, but used the bonnet view.... Theyre turning the anologue tv signal of soon, are you gonna watch the black and white fuzz, cause you dont want digital?? To get the most out of Rfactor and any mod, you need a half decent pc and a wheel... Id say the only wheel to have is a G25/27.... Bite the bullet and go for it.... You wont look back m8..... Change is not good,`til you get used to it... ;)

After years and years of heat on a pad, and moving to Rfactor i was in the same mind as you m8.... I really think you should take note of what murf has said, i really do believe that to enjoy Rfactor you need a wheel, ok i bought a wheel.. (CHEAP) and don't do that either you'll end up like me, more control over the car, but i isn't much better than a pad, everyone is saying G25/27 ok if you've got a spare £150 laying about, and if anyone can find them cheaper than post the link here (and with stock) i've looked and there aren't any, so as with kendo any advice on a good wheel for a decent price, I mean i bought a ford focus on the road cheaper than some of them wheels,

So looks like the long and short of it kendo... IS.... it's time for us to move with the times, you can't give up just yet m8. i haven't (but then if i can't find a decent type of wheel cheap i might)

My comments wernt meant to offend atall lads.... Just that pads and Rfactor dont mix m8, and the least style of pad you would need is a pad with 2 sticks.... Im offerering my `help/advice/support for those who use a joypad`, and Im afraid the only answer is get the kit you need to participate... Ski`s are very good for snow, but not that good for tennis... Even turbo tom has moved on to a wheel now.... To get any sort of consitancy or to mix it with the pack the only way forward is wheel and either bonnet or incar.... Swingman and buttons just dont work for Rfactor.... Thats the best and only advise there is going to be given.... By the way.... I know where there is a G25 for sale 100 quid.... 1 careful owner, apply within....

I used a pad for 2 years, and was crap, if you was gunna buy anything new id say buy a new wheel, So much better, I bought a G25 this year, And ive improved soo much

As tosh says, there are loads of wheels going cheap, i might have my G25 for sale soon :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..