Bradford Tarmac results / points - 2/9

Kevin

19 cars raced this evening.

The results were:

HEAT 1: 8, 221, 112, 3, 315, 413, 188, 164, 561, 391 (dnf 136, 531)

HEAT 2: 41, 164, 527, 137, 262, 315, 172, 561, 188, 61 (dnf 343, 8)

HEAT 3: 262, 221, 41, 112, 137, 527, 172, 3, 413, 61, 391, 531, 343 (dnf 136)

GRAND FINAL: 164, 41, 315, 137, 112, 3, 413, 527, 391, 8, 188, 172, 561, 262, 61 (dnf 136, 343, 221)

GN: 3, 262, 391, 112, 8, 315, 561, 188, 137, 527, 221, 172, 164, 41, 413 (dnf 61)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

41 .. 34

112 .. 33

164 .. 33

315 .. 31

3 .. 30

137 .. 28

262 .. 22

8 .. 19

527 .. 19

391 .. 16

221 .. 14

413 .. 14

188 .. 7

561 .. 7

172 .. 4

61 .. 2

Zeros: 136, 343, 531

No Shows: 484, 553

Following the main meeting 2 races took place in a new series called 'Thursday Night Thunder'. The first race was a random grid and the second race was the reverse of the first race. The results were:

THURSDAY NIGHT THUNDER RACE 1:188, 112, 315, 41, 262, 413, 391, 137, 8, 164, 561, 527, 221, 3 (dnf 172)

THURSDAY NIGHT THUNDER RACE 2: 137, 527, 112, 41, 315, 413, 3, 391, 262, 8, 164, 221 (dnf 188, 172)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

112 .. 19

41 .. 16

315 .. 16

137 .. 16

413 .. 12

188 .. 12

262 .. 10

527 .. 10

391 .. 9

3 .. 5

8 .. 5

164 .. 2

Zero: 172, 221, 561

Further into the series I will give you the updated table for blues / yellows / whites.

Hope to see you all at Coventry next week for the World Final meetings.

Thanks Kev for the meeting, well done jarry for the final and Drumb for top scoring.

I thought it was excellent all night, with some of the closest racing I've seen - the top 6 were all gunning for the win last bend of heat 2! I think this is reflected in the points too - 34 is quite low for top point scorer, so looks like there was a good spread over the races.

I thought the TNT races were very novel; the meeting felt the right length, and there was definately a more relaxed vibe to them. Looking forward to seeing how they develop in the coming weeks!

ok where to start, i am a novice there is no hiding the fact but that does mean that i'm not as good as the top drivers so therefore means a few more mistakes. i, personally think i have improved quite alot over the last few meetings with the introduction of a pad instead of using keys, but my driving skills maybe completely useless without a good setup so until i learn to setup a car stop moaning coz i'm in your way, i'm a driver not a spanner monkey. last night i spun mainly because some drivers dont have the patience to work thier way round me and just put me in the wall, which, suprise!, means i ended up spinning resulting in me putting someone else out too. some times it is on my own but the last couple of meetings its mainly heavy contact. So please remember i'm still learning and i won't learn nuthin unless you guys help. If i have taken you out over the last month or so i apologise (this probably applies to everyone) but i am progressing slowly.

Not sure what has been said privately to you numbnut but it seems your replying to what Spike has posted here, but I dont see Spike moaning about your driving just commenting about what happened in the final so maybe a slight overeaction from yourself.

Just keep battling away and the rewards will come.

it was not a reply to spike, and for the record he did tell another driver i was getting better, then we had the final. it just reminded me of the amount of moaning in server about novice drivers, not hard to figure out who people are talking about when i was the only white top in 2 of the heats i appreciate that it is frustrating to be taken out by a nooby but everyone starts some where, and just to say you should always remember what happens now, coz when i've improved enough to race you guys properly, what goes round comes round. oh and i think spike buried me in prakky a few times although i took no notice but if i'm getting buried i cant improve, none of these comments are directed at any particular driver i just noticed a little hostility towards myself last nite

Edited by numbnut343

Some quality racing throughtout the night, capped off with an introduction to a brilliant little mini series where I had a cracking race with Aub, Mike and Tosh till Mike got a little bit overexited lool.

Keep your head down Numbnut, we all started somewhereand I have seen worse drivers than yourself tbh. Set-ups, Default is a decent Set-up and know a few top drivers, my Set-up aint far off just a few tweeks for my driving style with being on a Pad put steering lock anywhere between 16-24, you shouldn't go far wrong there, if the back end starts stepping out just ease off just try and keep doing steady and consitent lap times.

If you want anymore help just ask :coffee:

it was not a reply to spike, and for the record he did tell another driver i was getting better, then we had the final. it just reminded me of the amount of moaning in server about novice drivers, not hard to figure out who people are talking about when i was the only white top in 2 of the heats i appreciate that it is frustrating to be taken out by a nooby but everyone starts some where, and just to say you should always remember what happens now, coz when i've improved enough to race you guys properly, what goes round comes round. oh and i think spike buried me in prakky a few times although i took no notice but if i'm getting buried i cant improve, none of these comments are directed at any particular driver i just noticed a little hostility towards myself last nite

i don't think anyone moaned about your pace, or you spinning. But you will soon get people moaning if you do things like reverse straight in to traffic after a spin as you did a few times last night. You need to wait for a space and get going safely without ruining others races.

All in all a top nights racing, seemed to get a bit lucky as all my bad luck came in in one race!

Drumbstick hit the nail on the head..... Its not your pace m8, its the pulling out infront of cars and wiping them out that dont go down well.... A couple of times last night races got ended by you randomly trying to escape the track, instead of sitting still.. If you sit still then we can pick a line that will be clear, instead, I picked a line then you put yourself right infront of me.... Not your driving in general but your lack of awareness... As for the controller front... You raced Rfactor with keys? :o And was allowed to race with keys? :banghead2: Hells bells... Now you have 'upgraded' to a joypad? In my opinion joypads are for games.. Rfactor is a simulator and therefore should be wheels only... You would have better car control and enjoy racing a whole lot more with a wheel... Go on, top it off with you use swingman view llf...

Edited by Murf

i was not at moaning at numbnut as was helping out last few weeks , i just up for the final and ran into parked car off his as i was right behind jarry . put being put into the crowd by this and was just a bit miffed but hey ho that racing :thumbs_up:

ok overall concensus.... wake up, get steering wheel. is it really that simple? i hope so, thanks for the replies and the help. just so you all know i do race (although not since 07) but only bangers, i've never known any thing else in my life so i'm not an amatuer racer just inexperienced at doin it online, thanks again now i'm off for practice :thumbup:

As for the controller front... You raced Rfactor with keys? :o And was allowed to race with keys? :banghead2: Hells bells... Now you have 'upgraded' to a joypad? In my opinion joypads are for games.. Rfactor is a simulator and therefore should be wheels only... You would have better car control and enjoy racing a whole lot more with a wheel... Go on, top it off with you use swingman view llf...

What a pathetic, close minded response.

Shouldn't be allowed to race with keys?????????

Are you for real???

Has UKDIRT become some sort of dictatorship????

I mean, the jews were gassed and murdered in the 2nd world war because they were deemed to be second class citizens by Hitler........ perhaps if they had wheels they would of been alright!!!!

What a pathetic, close minded response.

Shouldn't be allowed to race with keys?????????

Are you for real???

Has UKDIRT become some sort of dictatorship????

I mean, the jews were gassed and murdered in the 2nd world war because they were deemed to be second class citizens by Hitler........ perhaps if they had wheels they would of been alright!!!!

Kendo..... Im guessing you are a heat man, as you dont mind racing with keys... Im an Rfactor man and keys or even flicky flick flick joypads shouldnt be used in my opinion... If you want to stick to Heat and tap to steer then thats not a problem for me, but I dont see many real drivers tapping anything to get round the corner....I am for real yes and keys should not be allowed for use online with Rfactor... If what Ive posted about the use of the wheels has offended you enough that you compare it to the mass slaughter of a race of people, then you should maybe stick to racing Heat offline, flicking your buttons and keep your `close minded responses` to yourself.... Fool...

Wooooooooo.... Didnt mean to start this as some debating post, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Numbnut was struggling and was giving him my opinion... 'Most' agree with the wheel only thing... Rfactor is a simulator and should be wheel based, and if you think I dont say anything to Tom then ask him llf... You use keys I take it FT?

Wooooooooo.... Didnt mean to start this as some debating post, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Numbnut was struggling and was giving him my opinion... 'Most' agree with the wheel only thing... Rfactor is a simulator and should be wheel based, and if you think I dont say anything to Tom then ask him llf... You use keys I take it FT?

No i use a wheel but i dont care people use keys or pads if they want to

Possibly the stupidest post I've ever seen on these forums, and there's been some stiff competition.

Thank FILTERED for that Fasttrack.......someone who actually realises that this is a game and ultimately it's the person's CHOICE what they race on hence the analogy to a dictatorship............

Obviously the bit about CHOICE was missed on some people!!

Even I laughed at Hutch!! - Nice one son

Edited by kendo912

I repeat.... Rfactor is a SIMULATOR ..... Heat is a game..... Its only the old school or those who are not prepared to move on that think rfactor is an arcade game and keys are ok to use in online races.... By all means if you have never played rfactor and are trying it for the first time then use keys to see what it looks like... As far as racing online, if you are using keys/joypad and even swingman view then your not getting the entire rfactor experience... Its likely that your standards of racing are lower and with that you have the wrong attitude to racing....You're trying to turn a simulator into a game, which is like owning skyHD and choosing to watch the crappy anologue picture instead... Pointless... Use keys for typing and pacman, but use a wheel to drive a simulator...

Kendo :blahblah: ... Just make a list of all the leagues that use Rfactor and let you use keys... :wacko:

YAWN!!! same old crap different week

i use a wheel and i still think its a GAME i sit down and PLAY it after all, murf if you have all these issues with what views people use and what controllers they use then maybe rfactor isnt for you and you should just go and get a real car and stop boring me on this forum with your same old crap (having said that kendo could listen to last last bit too) who really cares what other leagues dont let you use, this 1 your posting in lets you use anything accept it please, i dont agree with leagues telling you what you can and cant do so i dont race in those leagues its my choice and its yours not to race in leagues that dont enforce these rules simple really

Edited by fatdave488

Not bothered what people use to play Rfactor to be honest just as long as they don't race like clowns. Everyone to there own as I always say and I don't see what the big deal is really

What ever your comfortable with be it wheel, Pad then I don't mind it there choice at the end of the day

Edited by Walker363

Im not just a glorified spectator, Ive raced for years, thats why I voice my opinions on the standards of online racing... Dave, you dont agree with leagues that tell you what you can and cant do? Theyre rules mate and all leagues have them... I see by your signature that you are a heat man too, so you come from the swingman view club, thats why you dont agree, change is not good and that.... All being said its about the quality of racing and like I say again Rfactor is a simulator, that means it represnents to the best of its ability to replicate real life... Like the flight simulator that pilots use, they dont point it to the floor and say well it dont matter.... Qulaity of racing is the whole point of this league, because if you have a bunch of halfwits racing the F1s as bangers there would be no league.... This all came from a driver saying that he raced with keys, and I thought that was not suited to racing online with Rfactor... Following somebody and seeing the wheels flick about like both the track rod ends have come off is off putting and puts the time that the modders have put in a waste... imo.... :bootyshake:

aint gonna argue with ya mate as thats what my post is trying to stop,but i dont use swingman on RF and i never have not even the 1st time i played it so dont go pointing fingers please just coz ive won stuff on heat and not RF doesnt mean im A heat man at all. infact 1 of my titles in my signature is from RF see the hot rod 1? (on a pad too :o shocking) if youve raced real cars for years go and do it and stop moaning on here

Edited by fatdave488

Ahhhhh i see so we if we raced heat we are gonna be no good on rfactor then? i'll tell ya what i raced heat used a pad swingman the lot but on rfactor i use in car and a wheel its my choice and everyone has there own choice. Maybe you should go play Iracing Murf thats were all the "real drivers" race

Still its only a Game

OK guys, I think this discussion is goingaround in circles so I am going to close this topic as we have the small matter of a World Final this week and I don't want people to miss out on World Final information with this thread keep getting dragged up.

I will reopen it after Thursday's meeting so that you can discuss it firther if you so wish.

Cheers

Johno