Coventry 8/9 - Results & Points

Kevin

28 cars raced this evening.

The results were:

HEAT 1: 31, 164, 561, 221, 8, 112, 16, 413, 85, 233, 391, 365, 262, 3, 188, 399, 553 (dnf 136, 515, 61)

HEAT 2: 221, 561, 136, 391, 413, 323, 3, 41, 233, 8, 488, 531, 172, 399, 107, 39, 164

HEAT 3: 31, 39, 85, 262, 16, 112, 323, 365, 41, 531, 515, 172, 188, 107, 488

CONS: 3, 365, 41, 188, 531, 315, 172, 488, 107 (dnf 515, 399)

GRAND FINAL: 31, 8, 413, 221, 39, 391, 323, 164, 561, 188, 112, 531, 41, 315, 262, 365, 85, 3, 172, 136, 488 (dnf 16)

GN: 8, 136, 391, 413, 112, 221, 39, 262, 31, 16, 41, 164, 561, 315, 188, 488, 172 (dnf 3, 107)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

31 .. 47

8 .. 37

221 .. 35

413 .. 31

39 .. 26

391 .. 26

561 .. 19

136 .. 16

164 .. 15

323 .. 15

112 .. 13

262 .. 9

16 .. 8

85 .. 7

188 .. 4

3 .. 2

41 .. 2

233 .. 2

365 .. 1

531 .. 1

Zero: 61, 107, 172, 315, 399, 488, 515, 553

After the heats were run the WC consolation race took place with the grid as:

ROW1: 515 .. 221

ROW2: 164 .. 365

ROW3: 112

1/4 LAP GAP

ROW4: 323 .. 107

ROW5: 399 .. 41

ROW6: 413 .. 233

The result was:

CONS SEMI: 112, 365, 413, 41, 323, 399, 107, 515, 221, 233 (dnf 164)

The top 4 automatically qualify for the World Final tomorrow.

After the GN race there were two Thursday Night Thunder Series races with the results being:

TNT1: 39, 413, 188, 8, 3, 391, 262, 41, 112, 315, 31, 172, 561, 164, 488

TNT2: 391, 561, 8, 413, 172, 188, 112, 3, 39, 31, 315, 136 (dnf 488)

And the points scored:

Number .. Points

413 .. 18

391 .. 18

8 .. 17

39 .. 15

188 .. 15

3 .. 11

561 .. 10

112 .. 8

172 .. 7

262 .. 5

41 .. 4

31 .. 2

315 .. 2

Zero: 136, 164, 488

Well after what was a frankly well run efficient meeting last week, where the racing was good there was lots of give and take tonight was quite frankly one of the worst meetings I have ever had the displeasure of being part off.

1st, The rollers all night where all over the place.

2nd, People where cutting all night, I pointed this out and nothing was done. In the final for instance I witnessed one car with all 4 wheels up on the tarmac on the infield before he got to the corner to come of and hit another car(early in the race) Then another car spin and not even attempt to rejoin the track and drive across the infield for most of the last half of the lap. I don't care if Andy smith did it or wainman does it. its wrong full stop.

3rd. If you have a gridding system for a series and its used the first week you stick to it. Don't give me any rubbish about its only a fun series(If it is don't have a points series.), or it was a mistake last week(In that case as last week was the first week you have to follow through and do it every week).

I will say thanks to Trav though who I had a great race with in I think the consi :042:

Thanks to Kev for running the meeting. Superbly run as always.

Well done to Skeet on taking the final win and finsihing top points scorer. You have certainly improved meeting on meeting.

I have to disagree with Drumbstick on the racing tonight. I think it was hard fought (with no inch given what so ever) but I dont think there as anything that I saw that was OTT. Perhaps got a little more adventurous in the last two races and this is something that we need to monitir with the Thursday Night Thunder Series.

That said, there will be a Pre-race driver's briefing (always wanted to slip that in - we really are following real life now!) before the World Final. I will be reminding drivers about the use of the infield and rejoining the track. I think I have done this for thelast two years. I will also remind drivers that the Disciplinary Team watch all championships races, with the World Final probably being the most watched race. Anything that we deem as unfair will be punished, whether you come 1st or 10th in the big race.

Anyway, thanks again for tonight, and I look forward o the big race tomorrow night. It has all the makings of a classic - last year's British Championship Race was, and I think this year's World Final could be as well.

Cheers

Johno

3rd. If you have a gridding system for a series and its used the first week you stick to it. Don't give me any rubbish about its only a fun series(If it is don't have a points series.), or it was a mistake last week(In that case as last week was the first week you have to follow through and do it every week).

Just to clarify, we did indeed make a mistake with the grid last week, and for that we can only apologise. It became obvious that we had made a mistake at the end of the second race when the front row just drove off into the distance. This was not the aim of the series and it was picked up on and changed accordingly. This series is about adding something extra to the meeting and about fun (as requested by the members). If we did not have a points and thus a series, people would not stay for it. Changes are made if we feel it benefits the racing (like having the series in the first place). Sometimes rules have to change too improve the racing (2004 F1 Jubilee Series started off with a similiar format and reverted back after two meetings as it was deemed best for the racing). Again, I can only apologise for the mistake I made in the first week.

The below quote is taken rom the write up about the Thunder Series.

Drivers will take to the grid starting in blocks of 6 from the front, with only a few car lengths' breathing space in between each block, in order to make sure those starting at the back are by no means out've touch through distance alone.

I will attach a link shortly to the full thread but need to post this first.

Thursday Night Thunder Information: http://www.ukdirtforum.com/index.php?showtopic=34875

EDIT: Reworded the top paragraph

Edited by Johno3

:king:

Stick yer World Final...I'm happy to retire now after that hat-trick tonight!!! Thanks again to Kev and the rest of admin for running another slick meeting :appl:

Well how times have changed...whilst everyone behind seemed to be hitting the self destruct button, us yellow tops seemed to enjoy some good racing and it's aboot bloody time too! Most of the early part of the season seemed to be a fight amongst a large grid of yellow tops that only succeeded in dropping us back into the pack but top marks to Spike, Jnr, Big Al and Jarry for some hard racing tonight, brilliant stuff.

Even tho I led Heat 1 almost from flag to flag, it was one of the toughest races I've had in rFactor with Jarry keeping me very honest throughout...when I finally got a decent gap built up I caught up with GIS399 and feared the worst but luckily he very sportingly kept out the way, well done. Heat 2 was a bit more straightforward but not at the start, as Big Al planted a stonker of a hit in the early laps as we battled for the lead with Jnr...luckily (again!) I was able to use Jnr's car as a cushion to help keep my car from spinning and after that I managed to make a clean break.

As for the Final, well very lucky again indeed...made a decent start and settled into 2nd behind Spike and just ahead of Jarry...began to reel in Spike and pull away from Jarry but at aboot halfway, I made a tiny error on exit of turn 2 and almost spun the car, which allowed Jarry through and gave Spike a big lead. With Jarry and me now battling side by side, it allowed Dave, Leek and Tosh to join our battle...Jarry sensed there was no time to muck aboot and gave me a decent hit but it served only to slow us both down and allow Dave and Tosh to mount their challenge on Jarry...Dave was spun giving me enough of a gap to escape as Tosh and Jarry began swapping bumperwork. By now Spike was ahead by the length of a straight but now amongst traffic, including Jnr who seemed to hold him up for a few laps...with 2 to go, I was on Spike's bumper but dare I risk making an early move, as Tosh was now closing in fast??? Spike made my decision for me...on the last lap he ran wide on turn 1 allowing me to sneak through, but that put me well within firing range for the last bend...somehow I managed to hit my braking point to aim the car for the corner and then accelerated deep into the bend...sure enough Spike got some contact but his momentum was lost, allowing me to stay clear of the armco and boot it to a Final win! What a hard race!

Again, got some lucky breaks in the GN with a few different red tops battering off the infield marker tyres, but my luck finally ran oot in the Thunder races as I had no less than 5 spins thanks to unlucky corner hits or being collected by a car bouncing off the armco down a straight. Such is life as they say...guess I'll just have to wait for the phone call from the BBC!!!

post-736-1283985215.png

Thanks to Kev for running the meeting. Superbly run as always.

I have to disagree with Drumbstick on the racing tonight. I think it was hard fought (with no inch given what so ever) but I dont think there as anything that I saw that was OTT. Perhaps got a little more adventurous in the last two races and this is something that we need to monitir with the Thursday Night Thunder Series.

Cheers

Johno

Point me to the bit where I said anything was OTT. I said people were cutting nothing about OTT. Please don't put words in my mouth!!

Oh and changing the system is bad enough, but then no post, no comment in the server nothing make is 100* worse.

Oh and the points are wrong I got an 8th and a 9th

Edited by drumbstick

Some good racing last night, had a good battle with Trav in one of the heats. Then in one of the thunder races a whole gaggle of reds/SS at the front for at least 5 laps, bumpers going in everywhere and somehow all of us coming out the next bend!

Where do you draw the line with the tarmac? I think it's perfectly reasonable to hook a wheel up on the kerb - it's not the fastest way but lets you take a slightly different line in or out of the bend.

1st, The rollers all night where all over the place.

Thinking about this today I wonder if them being worse than normal last night was down to there being no white tops, causing the gridding and go points to be in different places (I.E the reds were gridding in the normal place but go was called where the blues normally go from).

Maybe when this is the case either gridding the yellows where the whites normally are and then buping everyone round would help, or still calling go when the yellow are in three not 4?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..