Skegness Results / Points

Kevin

26 cars raced at Skegness this evening (the 39th meeting of the season). The results were:

Heat 1: 516, 8, 1, 262, 137, 188, 236, 41, 391, 55, 30, 285, 47

Heat 2: 527, 290, 137, 516, 39, 3, 221, 31, 41, 323, 16, 236, 285, 315, 561, 343 ( dnf 164 )

Heat 3: 8, 290, 221, 391, 3, 1, 55, 47, 31, 323, 172, 16, 262, 30 ( dnf 315, 188, 343 )

Heat 4: 164, 39, 236, 41, 1, 561, 137, 16, 391, 285, 172, 30, 516, 47, 527, 55

Heat 5: 39, 1, 221, 290, 8, 3, 164, 561, 188, 323, 527, 262, 516, 285, 31, 172 ( dnf 315 )

Heat 6: 290, 262, 527, 221, 137, 172, 391, 8, 55, 236, 188, 16, 41, 30

Heat 7: 1, 39, 236, 164, 516, 31, 527, 561, 323, 315, 41, 391, 285 ( dnf 3, 221 )

Heat 8: 188, 164, 31, 30, 39, 315, 3, 137, 290, 323, 262, 8, 172, 561

Grand Final (British Drivers Championship): 290, 137, 41, 1, 3, 527, 262, 561, 236, 172, 164, 31, 30, 39, 516, 285 ( dnf 323, 8, 391, 188, 315 )

The points scored were:

Name .. Points

Dazza (290) .. 53

Tom D (1) .. 44

MoR (137) .. 37

LeeK (39) .. 30

fast track (527) .. 28

Johno (3) .. 26

Drumbstick (41) .. 25

Harmen (262) .. 22

Jarry (164) .. 22

DanSkin (236) .. 21

Tosh (8) .. 20

Spike (221) .. 19

IanStep (516) .. 17

Murf (561) .. 13

Aub (188) .. 12

Skeet (31) .. 11

Corny (391) .. 9

spikejnr (172) .. 7

Peppi (30) .. 5

madcowie (323) .. 5

Kbarker (55) .. 4

Mike (315) .. 4

JK (16) .. 1

Samson (47) .. 1

Mav_Jnr (285) .. 1

Zero: numbnut grogan (343)

No Show: Shawty (119)

Congratulations to Dazza on becoming the 2010 UKDirt F1 British Champion.

WD Dazza, good drive in the final.

I was well happy with 3rd in the British starting from 15th, but I am the first to admit I am really struggling with contact in these at the moment after such a long lay off. I almost took myself out more times than anything tonight messing it up. Apologies especially to Tosh and Dan who I got big at the start of one race :banghead2:

Edited by drumbstick

Gratz Dazza !

First heats were really dissapointing.

In my last heat i did it with 4th place to the BC Grid (16th).

My only destination was to finish my first championship race.

At the end I was lucky about finished 13th ;)

There is a lot of work ahead of me to keep up with such good racers like here.

See you next time !

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

P.S. it´s like in real life. I still have not seen competitive German F1 drivers at all, lol

Thanks for the meeting Kev - very well run and done in good time, esspecially considering the number of extra races. Really enjoyed racing under lights and calling the British grid on track definately added to the atmospshere IMO.

Had a reasonable set of heats, with some good races and positions decent enough to get row 4 inside, which I was happy with. As expected, the first bend of the British was very heavy, with big pushes from behind, although not as many crashes as I expected. After a few hectics laps, I found myself in around 5th chasing Murf, LeeK and the two leaders, Dazza and Tom, but I had some minor damage to my left front which affected my pace for a bit. Eventually, I managed to find a style which suited the damage and got back into some decent pace, but didn't really expect much to happen now the race had seemingly settled down. I was wrong, of course, when the back straight claimed it's first victim of the night, in the form of Tom D, who had clipped a car that had been spun. Again, things seemed to settle down for a bit, with Dazza looking to have it sewn up, so I set about aiming for a podium. Things changed on the back straight one again though, with LeeK clipping another spun car and flying into the infield tyres, and then Dazza getting held up by more back straight carnage allowing Murf to catch and mount an attack. With the gap now closed, I resisted all temptation to get stuck in and waited to see what happened. With about 5 laps to go, Dazza went a bit wide, allowing me through (whether I liked it or not!) so I thought to myself 'I had really better get Murf here before he drives away!'. However, the back straight did this for me, with Murf being the next victim of the carnage taking place here, almost mirroring LeeKs earlier exit. Shockingly, this put me into the lead (and left me thinking that I didn't think my luck from the UK open could repeat itself!!). Unfortunately for me, it wasn't to be - my tyres were shot and I couldn't keep anything close to the pace of Dazza, waiting to pounce behind me. After nearly two laps in the lead, the big one came, and boy was it goodun' - I was planted masterfully into the parked Madcowie car on Turns 1 and 2. I managed to get it into first and get out nice and quick, but the gap had been made and I certainly wasn't close enough to try anything in the last few laps!

Excellent race - the perfect 'stock car hit', the perfect way to win a championship, and strangly for me, the perfect way to lose a championship. Well done Dazza!

See you all next week!

Well done Dazza, Aub did warn you at the start that you had the lucky grid slot haha!

Thanks again to Kev for running the meeting despite the server doing it's best to put you off your stride with a couple of wee hiccups!

Along with Mike I just had nae luck last night whatsoever...it seemed that whilst the other yellow tops managed to get the lucky breaks resulting in heat wins for Jarry and Steppy plus good places for Spike, I was the one that kept getting half spun or bounced towards the infield tyres during the early lap exchanges. I was rather fortunate in Heat 2 to climb back into the points thanks to a couple of pile-ups delaying the red tops ahead...likewise in Heat 3 when I was one of aboot 5 cars battling for tenth heading into the last lap, and thankfully (for a change!) I was the one that managed to vault back into the points on the last bend! Heat 5 was a stinker, got spun oot twice during the race but at long last got a bit of a break during Heat 7 as the whole field seemed to condense at one point as TomD came steaming through quite early on, and I managed to hold on for 6th. Kept the good fortune going in Heat 8 by breaking away from the rest of the yellows early doors with Jarry keeping me company...caught up with Peppi in the second half of the race and noticed he kept braking deeper and deeper into the corners but seemed to get enough traction to avoid any move up the inside. Eventually he slipped wide enough on turn 4 to let me through cleanly but decided to take me to the fence on the next bend...caught back up with him on the next lap and made sure he couldnae do the same again but this was all the invite Jarry and Aub needed to take advantage of my delay and sneak through the inside.

Thought my luck was finally in during the British tho as I seemed to avoid most of the early lap bumperwork and found myself flirting with the top 10, until aboot halfway when I had nowhere to go as Tosh was sent spinning on the back straight, with the subsequent head-on sending me spinning doon the order. Gathered it back up tho albeit a lap down, and was then bounced off the infield tyres on turn 2 whilst battling with a group of cars - that included those in my battle and those in the lead battle! - which put me another lap down, but during the last few laps I noticed that I was still picking up positions as more cars bit the armco and marker tyres. Didn't progress much further tho as the next car was a lap ahead...but instead got a front row seat for Murf's assault on (I think) FastTrack on the last bend!

Here's hoping I remember to pack my luck for Ipswich next week - cya then! :2:

Well done Dazza and thanks for the meeting Kev.

A very hit and miss night for me results-wise but I really enjoyed the racing. Managed to ride out the first bend chaos in the British only to clip the infield tyres into turn 3 and finish up sliding out of turn 4 on my side after the pack had passed me by... So despite the start was pleased to pick my way back into the top 10.

:)

wd dazza m8 :appl: hectic first few bends in the british and the car took some damage.

luckily there a new one sitting lol. but overall a good meeting again.

i done him one last night since i wasnt busy mate but its upto him what he uses :)

i was meaning my car dode mate lol

wd dazza m8 :appl: hectic first few bends in the british and the car took some damage.

luckily there a new one sitting lol. but overall a good meeting again.

i done him one last night since i wasnt busy mate but its upto him what he uses :)

i was meaning my car dode mate lol

oops my bad lol, since thought he said you done him a car

Cheers lads for all the well done's etc

The night itself for me couldn't have gone much better, and To end up outside front row was great, although I was expecting to hit the wall early on.

Aub had suggested it was the lucky grid slot and thankfully for me it turned out that way :-).

The first half of the race was pretty much chasing Tom, I think we were pretty much lapping at the same pace so I was quite happy to sit behind him for so long as I knew that accidents and backmarkers can be a problem at Skegness so would try and attack

when a good opportunity arose. This came when a couple of cars tangled just in front of us and as we entered turn 3 I nudged one into Tom's rear bumper and escaped up the inside. As we left turn 2 on the following lap I suddenly pulled out a gap and I couldn't figure out how and it wasnt until after the race I found out Tom had clipped Corny and spun but at the time I had no idea what had happened. The next part of the race was spent picking my way through some back markers ( which were superb and moved over, Jnr, Cowie,Leek to name a few) and a quick look back saw Murf in second which was an outstanding effort from where he had started. Some carnage on the back straight slowed me down that much it allowed Murf to pounce and push me into 2nd with MoR not to far behind in 3rd, I managed to tag Murf twice in consecutive bends to stop him from driving away before MoR squeezed up the inside of me going into turn 3 on about lap 21. Exiting turn 2 saw trouble for Murf as he unluckily clipped the rear of Jarry which saw him crash to the tyres on the inside with myself and MoR racing on through. At this point I felt a little dissapointed I had lost such a good lead but then had to think of a way to attack MoR in such a way that a return hit was not possible the next bend. Turn 1/2 saw Cowie's parked car so after passing it once I had made my mind up if I could get close enough to MoR I would try and plant him into it. As we entered turn 1 I managed to give a hard but not ott hit to his bumper which pushed him nicely into Cowies dead car and allowed for my escape whilst at the same time I was pleased that MoR had managed to deflect off both car and wall and get out on track to retain 2nd place. From there on I just had to count down the following laps until I crossed the line, and to say I'm over the moon with winning would be an understatement!

There were some other good racing in the heats aswell with the likes of Corny and JK so for me it really was an all round good meeting.

I'd like to say thanks to both Jarry for an excellent preview and Kev for running the show once again, and I'm looking forward to wearing the checks with some pride after losing the gold in such a dissapointing way a few weeks ago. Just hope I can now turn in some decent performances in the Shootout, which I didn't think I would be saying now after a few weeks ago.

Cheers once again all,

Darren

P.s Hats off to Dode who had a new car done for me the same night, cheers mate!

Thanks very much for the meeting Kev and the Admin Team - you hve dne a superb job as always.

Well done to Dazza on taking a fine win in the British Championship. As he says above, it goes someway to replacing his gold roof.

Personally, I really enjoyed the meeting. I could never get a god sat on the night and this was to prove costly in the heats and the final itself. Also, as is always the case for me, I was perhaps not as agressive as I should be. That said, after a poor start, I was pleased with a 5th place finish after the early laps.

Shootout time next week, and I am going to have to pick up my game 100% if I am going to stand any chance of being in with a shout. Both Tom and Dazza appear to be on top of their games. Again, that said, I am looking forward to the challenge.

Cheers

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..