1 pts 3 johno

1 pts 285 mav jnr

0 pts 199 waqar

0 pts 543 snogger

0 pts 172 spike jnr

0 pts 515 big al

Edited by Spike

Thanks for meeting Spike and Kev.

This was the first time for me around Arena, and I thought the racing was great - plenty of action and the wide bends made it a little bit more forgiving. The meeting started perfectly for me with a win, although a slightly shakey one; I had a decent lead with about 5 laps to go, but settled into a flow a bit too much, hit a spun car, and then got buried last bend by Harmen. Not sure why he didn't manage to get the win as I hit the armco, but I'm sure I'll see when I watch the replay. The second heat didn't go so well - I made some early mistakes and soon had the shootout guys belting me around the track, but when things settled down it went ok. The final started ok but a few hard hits let the shootouts guys catch up, and a few more hard hits (with Johno being the unfortunate cushion for me on most occasions!) opened up the front of the field, with shootout leaders Tom and Mike batting each other on every bend for the lead. With lots of cars josling for those top positions, it was going to end in tears, which in did for Mike, who had some unfortunate kerb action as I dived in for the big one. Somewhere down the line I managed to get a break from the pack, and what followed were a few tentative laps to the finish (think I was half spun by a backmarker with about 2 to go!). Enjoyed the GN from the handicap, with plenty of action allowing me to climb the places and score some points - it wasn't without it's moments though, at one point I did some interesting kerb acrobatics!

With a work deadline looming, I'm not sure if I'll be able to race again this season (I will try!), but hopefully see you next week or the week after. Good luck to Tom and Mike - it's good to see the battle for the silver roof going down to the last meeting.

Like Murf, any chance of the meeting replays please Kev?

Also, not heard anything about it yet - is anybody doing the UKDirt F1 Awards this year?

Having not watched Mav_Jnr racing "live" last night, I had no idea how he did until I reviewed the replays today.

A few people might be upset with him, but from what I could see he was being a gutsy white top, trying to keep his place.

But fighting for his position as hard as he was doing, mistakes were made and they unfortunately cost a few drivers their places.

None of it was intentional, but Mav_Jnr has said that he was sorry for Mike #315.

Jnr's night would have been alot more fruitful but for one driver.

It's not easy for a white top as it is, but to have one driver targeting a white for just trying to race to keep the lead, its no wonder potential new drivers don't join the league to race.

Overall a good determined performance, enjoyed in the main dispite the close attention from another driver. :thumbs_up:

mav yer kid spoilt it for alot off ppl because he couldnt control his car letting drivers passed clean to wiped them out next bend isnt on pritty poor driving imo i did take him out loads complain get me banned but problem is he was just as bad and done it to more than one driver but when you cant drive he aint got much of a chance

Anybody else agree with that?? Did my lad spoil it for everyone - If so I will pull him from the racing.

Looking at the replays his hits did come in, didnt seem hard to me, but then I suppose I would be bias towards him.

Just three weeks ago we had Peppi on here telling us how little respect we have for new/white roof drivers, and here we go again, but this time with a young lad like Mav Jnr. As a relative newcomer, Jnr is doing really well, and definitely hasn't deserved some of the grillings he's had in the past few weeks. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't broken any rules, maybe just a few driving taboos - he gets it wrong sometimes - don't we all - how about people try being forgiving, polite and advisory and I'm sure he'll soon settle down into a staple driver in the league.

If he's enjoying it, let him carry on - if grown men can't handle their temper over a few pixels, I'd much rather not have them racing than a young lad whose only 'crime' is being a little too aggressive.

Last night was my first time ever racing F1. Really enjoyed the racing. Hope i wasnt getting in the way too much. Hopefully i will improve but i have a lot of practice ahead of me. Getting the car setup is the main thing so that it handles well around the track. Thanks for a great evening and i hope too be as good as some of the big boys on here because thay are very fast.

Cheers Waq

Look foward to a top ten finish one day.

ok lads back of mav jnr alright not saying he made mistakes but didnt i when i started as i improved hes only done 5 or 6 meeting it took me at lest 10 2 even find my feet so guys just give the lad a break thats my veiw at least sorry if it upsets ppl but thats what im saying some ppl take it a bit ott sometimes it best 2 chillout when raceing

apart from that top stuff ta dad and kev sorry i was late again was some gd driveing have some really gd battels with dave and big al

mav jnr just a lil more practice then shouldnt c ya spining as much m8 :) ill help ya as much as i can over the next week or so

thanks again spikejnr

Just three weeks ago we had Peppi on here telling us how little respect we have for new/white roof drivers, and here we go again, but this time with a young lad like Mav Jnr. As a relative newcomer, Jnr is doing really well, and definitely hasn't deserved some of the grillings he's had in the past few weeks. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't broken any rules, maybe just a few driving taboos - he gets it wrong sometimes - don't we all - how about people try being forgiving, polite and advisory and I'm sure he'll soon settle down into a staple driver in the league.

If he's enjoying it, let him carry on - if grown men can't handle their temper over a few pixels, I'd much rather not have them racing than a young lad whose only 'crime' is being a little too aggressive.

i agree with you Mor some drivers think that newcomer should stay out the way but everyone has to start somewhere and other people drive different. Some newcomers do move out your way but there are some like Mav jnr who would like to have a fight for the position and this is a contact sport so i dont know why Mav jnr shouldnt bash thats part of racing to my point of view and to me i think Mav jnr is doing a brill job since he started and im sure he could get up some grades next year :thumbs_up: .

FT

it took me 2 years and im still learning

MAY I WILL TRY TO TAKE WHITE AND YELLOWS ONLY FOR PRACTISE IN WINTER IN A MINI SERIES IF ANY WHITE AND YELLOW WOULD LIKE THIS ?

ps mav jnr practise make perfect m8 :thumbs_up:

Technically Mav jnr is doin nothing wrong, just a little eager to do well.... Just because you have a bumper dont mean you have to hit every car in range.... Seems to have the ability, but racecraft takes time to get the hang of... Sometimes its best to took in behind faster cars, rather than making lunges to maintain your place, unless its the last lap... Everybody has their own driving style, and it is a contact formula.... But if there is somebody who I pass who I think is gonna nail me next corner then Im gonna have to dispose of them before they get the oppotunity.... Keep at it Jnr, and tell ya old man to stop moanin and race too...lol

And wheres these replays?? llf

Edited by Murf

A top meeting with loads of action.

Personally I loved having the characters on the night - can't remember exactly what happened but ended up having a tit for tat with Mav Jnr in the last race (I think) which was fun, also Waqar making his debut - I would far rather have these guys in a meeting rather than racing just against fast established blue tops and above, so keep coming back all the whites and yellows, you guys make the meeting for me, Thursday's are never boring when there are a few of all grades. I think it was Fordy who gave me a big hit early in a race, so I returned the favour next bend, he never moaned, just got on with it like it should be :thumbup:

I am still loving the new format where we get a minimum of 6 races and all done in about an hour and a quarter. Well done again Kev & Spike. :thumbs_up:

It's a shame the season is coming to an end as I am really enjoying it at the mo.

Apologies for being late with these but the points update is:

This meeting was also a National Points Shootout round. The cumulative points scored by the shootout drivers are (listed in their starting positions for the next round):

Name .. Points

[FRONT OF GRID]

Murf (561) .. 155

Johno (3) .. 178

Dazza (290) .. 192

fast track (527) .. 195

Mike (315) .. 256

Tom D (1) .. 267

[bACK OF GRID]

This meeting also saw a round of the Thursday Night Thunder Series. The results were:

Race 1: 8, 1, 137, 315, 3, 527, 588, 561, 21, 221, 172, 262, 31, 515 ( dnf 48, 285, 199 )

Race 2: 221, 1, 137, 8, 527, 3, 315, 262, 588, 31, 172, 561, 199, 515, 285 ( dnf 21, 48 )

The points scored were:

Name .. Points

Tosh (8) .. 20

Tom D (1) .. 20

MoR (137) .. 18

Spike (221) .. 14

Johno (3) .. 13

Mike (315) .. 13

fast track (527) .. 13

fordy (588) .. 8

Harmen (262) .. 4

Murf (561) .. 4

southy (21) .. 3

Skeet (31) .. 2

Zero: Tinman (48) , spikejnr (172) , Waqar (199) , Mav_Jnr (285) , Big Al (515)

This means that after 10 Thursday Night Thunder Series meetings the overall points table is:

Name .. Points

Tom D (1) .. 144

Mike (315) .. 136

Tosh (8) .. 120

Johno (3) .. 114

fast track (527) .. 109

MoR (137) .. 97

Harmen (262) .. 80

Dazza (290) .. 73

DanSkin (236) .. 52

Corny (391) .. 48

walker (363) .. 43

Murf (561) .. 38

Spike (221) .. 33

matthewb (413) .. 30

Aub (188) .. 27

spikejnr (172) .. 24

LeeK (39) .. 23

Skeet (31) .. 22

Drumbstick (41) .. 20

southy (21) .. 18

Mav_Jnr (285) .. 17

davey boy (380) .. 14

Lew (495) .. 12

fordy (588) .. 8

Dave (488) .. 7

Tinman (48) .. 3

Jarry (164) .. 2

Big Al (515) .. 2

Lars (553) .. 2

Harold (599) .. 2

Zero: Shawty (119) , Kruiz (136) , Waqar (199)

The points scored by white, yellow & blue grade drivers, using the multiplication system [white x 2.0, yellow x 1.5, blue x 1.0] and excluding those drivers who are in the top 2 places in the overall points chart are:

Name .. Points

Harmen (262) .. 80.0

DanSkin (236) .. 52.0

Corny (391) .. 48.0

Tosh (8) .. 42.0

Spike (221) .. 36.5

spikejnr (172) .. 36.0

Mav_Jnr (285) .. 34.0

Skeet (31) .. 24.0

LeeK (39) .. 23.0

southy (21) .. 18.0

Lew (495) .. 18.0

fordy (588) .. 8.0

Dave (488) .. 7.0

Tinman (48) .. 4.5

Harold (599) .. 4.0

Jarry (164) .. 3.0

Big Al (515) .. 3.0

Zero: Shawty (119) , Kruiz (136) , Waqar (199)

Also attached below are all the replays from the meeting.

ArenaHeat1.zip

ArenaHeat2.zip

ArenaAFinal.zip

ArenaGN.zip

ArenaTNT1.zip

ArenaTNT2.zip

Edited by Kevin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..