UKDirt open results

drumbstick

First of I would like to thank EVERYONE who turned up to race, I think in general the racing was brilliant one or two who never quite grasped the racing ideas but you always get that in an open meeting

As a thanks to those that raced tonight, we are offering membership until February 2012 for only £10 so get signed up now!!!!

I will post the full heat results latter, but Congrats to TomD on winning the final and Michael Schutter being the top non UKDirt member in second.

After the heats we had two semi final grids

Semi 1

Michael Green

TOSH

DODE

NEZZA

HOOTY

Harding Jnr

MICHAEL SCHUTTER

NATH

PEDZ

ROBIN

RUDEBOY

MIKE

GRASSER

Robbo

Jase

BONSEY

RYANO

JAKIE

Louis Heynen

HAROLD

Lithgow

CRAIG128

Bailey98

Semi 2

BOB NL

TOMD

AUB

DRUMBSTICK

DAVE

LARS

D-STU

LEE#531

SPIKE

JoshSpiers

TRAV

James560

GARY 131

SPIKEJNR

WRIGHTY

SAMWIT

KENDO

WAQAR

COCO

bullboy

Jedd

Cheerios

SANDEER

And after the semi final we had a final grid of

post-1244-1298330754.jpg

And the final result was.

Tom

Scootah

James

Robbo

Drumbstick

Harding

Mike

Bob

Spike

Kendo

Green

Dave

Waquar

NOF

Thanks again for everyone making it a cracking night, and we hope you take advantage of the offer.

Edited by drumbstick

After such an abismal beginning to my online racing career in F2s last year, i am overjoyed to have even qualified for the A-Final, thanks for running the meeting admin thanks to all the guests and hopefully they will join to pack the circuits for this season. looking forward to a better season for myself, cya soon

really enjoyed it last night until my hub started disconnecting me from the internet for no aparent reason :(

apologies in semi1 if my connection ruined your race, as I know a few said when go was called that my car just sat in the track holding cars up.

I decided it best to withdraw from the final after a reboot of my hub made no difference, so my ISP will be asked to check my connection out.

anyway, really good to see the big turn out, noticed a few promising drivers, but at the same time a few didnt seem to grasp the concept of f2 stockcar racecraft. its not bangers guys.

wd tom on the final win

Will anyone make a video of last nights meeting?

That's the plan but it is time permitting.

Its not only me that needs thanks, but Gary for doing the poster, all the stewards and Aub, Dave, Tom, & Hooty for running practice races on Sunday so the new drivers could understand what was going on.

Its interesting with some of the new drivers who Nezza politely describes as

didnt seem to grasp the concept of f2 stockcar racecraft

Normally with these drivers you get chance to have a word with them in chat and let them know what is and is not acceptable, but with so many cars you just don't get time(although some drivers did get warnings last night). After the meeting we did have time to sit down with the worst offender and explain what he did wrong and he was actually very humble and couldn't apologise enough. Now we all know words are cheap but if he signs up(And I think he will) and has learnt his lesson then it shows how little it can take to turn things around.

On a much positive note though, there were some very impressive first meeting drives from quite a few drivers of the top of my head Michael Schutter finishing second in the final, Bob being on pole for Semi 2 and Michael Green for winning all 3 of his heats and being on pole for semi 1, also James for some great drives all night. We hope to see you and a lot of the other non members who raced last night take advantage of the special offer and come and race on a regular basis.

I am not 100% sure how long this forum will be open to non paid members but it would be good to hear from both members and non members how we can improve the event for 2012 :scared15:

Edited by Dave488

Thanks to all the guys who ran the meeting last night. Was so pleased just to make the a final. hopefully my driving has improved a little and hope i did not get in anyones way.

Thanks and see u guys on monday Waq

I enjoyed myself. Was awesome fun, had to race a lot more alert than I usually would with my ping being quite high connecting from all the way over here in NZ. Couple of little spike lags would throw me into a half spin if I was clashing siderails with others but it was all good fun. Stoked to come away with a win in my first ever heat with you guys over here. 6th in the final was awesome.

I would consider a membership as I do enjoy the racing and I get along with most of the guys here quite well. But I'm unsure how many meetings I will be able to make. I might just do the open meetings if I can make it, that way I don't spend that valuable money that is being saved up for real racecars :).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..