help needed please.

COURTY 334

hi all. im hoping someone can help me with a probelm with my computer, it can probably be fixed easily but as many of you know im computer illiterate.

The problem is with my internet explorer for example when i go onto the ukdirt site i have no slide menu on the left also  sites such as www.timandalex.com it normally redirects you to the homepage however it doesnt but if i type in the full homepage that it is ment to be redirected to it comes up straight away and on other sites photo gallerys are not loading? Also i can not get into my hotmail account as just says 'done' in the corner and nothing else happens?

This is driving me mad now ped sent me a webpage that checks for virus's and it wouldnt work dues to security setting stop activeX running on this page?

Any help you can give me wether on here or over msn is greatful bearing in mind i am not computer wizz. By the way im on 98

Also with stuff like Javascript not working (fancy menus and the like), I have a feeling that IE is set to high security, which may also be why cookies are blocked by default. You might need to knock it down a touch. When I used to use IE, I went through the security list and set anything that said "allow" to "ask" or something like that. You get pestered by boxes asking if you want to let blah blah run, but you don't get stung by dodgy activex scripts and the like.

I use firefox now, and since Jamie fixed the ukdirt site, that works great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..